• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman and Peyton Manning

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Sherman will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm certain that nobody cares. Especially him.

It's his 3rd year in the league. Give him time. What his mouth has done for him is help guarantee a huge payday next year.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually watch the Bronco games? I'm thinking no. If you had watched you would realize the Broncos have played a completely different style of offense in the playoffs than they did earlier in the year. When the weather was better the Broncos had a high flying passing attack. As the weather has gotten worse they have focused more on their run game which has found plenty of success. Both games they were able to build early leads so they focused more on clock management (crazy how the two longest drives in the Broncos season happened last Sunday) than they did on running up the score. This then helped take pressure off the defense and gave them a chance to rest in those games.
I have only watched the Denver playoff games. I didn't catch them during the regular season (at least not that I remember).

Now the argument about what level of competition were they playing well they have played 9 games of the 18 so far this season against playoff teams (yes that includes the two they played in the actual playoffs). Seattle has played 7 games against playoff teams of their 18 (again included the two in the playoffs). So who has had the tougher schedule?

If you're talking about 9 AFC playoff teams, then the answer is surely Seattle. Plus you have to somewhat account for playing 2 games against a very playoff worthy Arizona Cardinals.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only watched the Denver playoff games. I didn't catch them during the regular season (at least not that I remember).

If you're talking about 9 AFC playoff teams, then the answer is surely Seattle. Plus you have to somewhat account for playing 2 games against a very playoff worthy Arizona Cardinals.

Since when is the NFC crop vastly superior to the AFC, if at all? Doesn't seem very obvious at all.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like Seattle wouldn't gladly cut Wilson if Peyton Manning said he would play for Seattle but only if Wilson was cut.

He gave a response to your subjective swap of players.
No way would we swap a thing with our team. We will beat the Mannings with the roster we have.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I do have to count those because well they did not actually make the playoffs. So since you didn't watch the Broncos during the regular season yes they have switched up somewhat how they are attacking teams. They don't seem as focused on getting as many plays in during the game as they did before. They still have their hurry up offense but it is more geared towards getting to the line so Peyton can read the defense than to actually try to get the snap off with 15 or more seconds on the play clock. Throw in during the first game of the playoffs there was a 40 mph wind at the game so it limited the ability to throw down field so again the Broncos focused on the short passing game and running the ball. Throw in teams especially here in the playoffs have been playing a Cover 2 defense to eliminate the big plays of the Broncos which then has left only 5-6 guys in the box daring the Broncos to beat them with short passes and the run game. The Broncos have taken it. So far in the playoffs the Broncos have only punted one time so the offense is doing just fine even if they aren't putting up the 40-50 points a game that they were earlier in the season. They are now winning by shortening the game and trusting their defense to make plays and taking a few shots here and there.

Now as for the level of competition they have played like I said they have played half their games against playoff teams this season. The AFC West was the best division at least in the AFC and no division game was a given. Throw in then playing a first place schedule like they did and of course they played a very challenging schedule. Only easy games I would say were the fact that they played the NFC East for 4 games.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I do have to count those because well they did not actually make the playoffs. So since you didn't watch the Broncos during the regular season yes they have switched up somewhat how they are attacking teams. They don't seem as focused on getting as many plays in during the game as they did before. They still have their hurry up offense but it is more geared towards getting to the line so Peyton can read the defense than to actually try to get the snap off with 15 or more seconds on the play clock. Throw in during the first game of the playoffs there was a 40 mph wind at the game so it limited the ability to throw down field so again the Broncos focused on the short passing game and running the ball. Throw in teams especially here in the playoffs have been playing a Cover 2 defense to eliminate the big plays of the Broncos which then has left only 5-6 guys in the box daring the Broncos to beat them with short passes and the run game. The Broncos have taken it. So far in the playoffs the Broncos have only punted one time so the offense is doing just fine even if they aren't putting up the 40-50 points a game that they were earlier in the season. They are now winning by shortening the game and trusting their defense to make plays and taking a few shots here and there.

Now as for the level of competition they have played like I said they have played half their games against playoff teams this season. The AFC West was the best division at least in the AFC and no division game was a given. Throw in then playing a first place schedule like they did and of course they played a very challenging schedule. Only easy games I would say were the fact that they played the NFC East for 4 games.

I appreciate your insight. I look forward to learning about how our teams match up. I wish I'd payed more attention to the Broncos during the season; but the NFC kept my mind pretty occupied.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not...

Other than the NFC West not sure any other division in the NFC was that superior to anybody in the AFC. New England went 3-1 against the NFC South. Indianapolis went 2-2 against the NFC West beating the two teams that actually made it to the playoffs. Cincy went 3-1 against the NFC North (and that was with playing Rodgers). Every AFC team in the playoffs had a .500 record or better against the teams they played in the playoffs and only had 1 loss to an actual NFC team that made it to the playoffs and that was New England against Carolina. All other teams in the AFC went undefeated against playoff teams from the NFC. Hmmm so who really is the weaker division? I would say the NFC does have better quality depth throughout but the AFC has no problem at the top.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would we swap a thing with our team. We will beat the Mannings with the roster we have.

Sure but your basing your answer on loyalty to your favorite team.

It's not like anyone in the front office would choose Wilson over Manning even with their age differences. I'm not even sure if Wilson outlasts Manning as a starter in the NFL. Fortunately for him the team is stacked but he's looked downright bad since about midway through the season. Seattle is going to lose a lot of players as they come off their rookie contracts and I can't imagine the play we've seen since midway through the season will cut it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably more accurate to say he's a Stanford grad because he is a great football player than because he's especially intelligent. I doubt he even made his own schedule. He certainly didn't wow the world with his Wonderlic score.

I don't know that he's classless either but the part people seem to be ignoring is he didn't exactly make a great play on Sunday. Crabtree had him beat pretty badly. Kaepernick just made a terrible throw. A better, more experienced QB doesn't throw the ball short and San Fran is in the Super Bowl.

Wonderlic? Who gives a shit about wonderlic? Peyton was outscored by 11 points on the test by Eli. You really want to hang your hat on that?

And because of his physical play at line, receivers often get behind him, but they don't make catches because he has the range and speed to make up for it when the ball is in the air. Most corners don't make that play.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the competition the Broncos faced this year on defense vs the Seahawks. Broncos schedule was the cupcake fest by which all others are measured.

hahaha what QB's did Sherman get his picks on?

I was comparing his body of work against Manning's. If you deduce that the Bronco's played a soft schedule, then wouldn't it also be fair to state the Sherman did his best work against sub par QB's?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
concerning the match-up on the field instead of the non-stop drama surrounding Sherman, I will be interested to see if they have Sherman covering DT one on one all day and whether Manning will go that direction and how often.

The Broncos are probably the best in the league at rub routes and with how tight the hawks typically play against the receivers, it has the potential for some big plays after the catch with DT, decker, and JT (5 yard cross or slant turning into a 30 yard gain).

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
concerning the match-up on the field instead of the non-stop drama surrounding Sherman, I will be interested to see if they have Sherman covering DT one on one all day and whether Manning will go that direction and how often.

The Broncos are probably the best in the league at rub routes and with how tight the hawks typically play against the receivers, it has the potential for some big plays after the catch with DT, decker, and JT (5 yard cross or slant turning into a 30 yard gain).

That's one way to look at it. Or if the Broncos receivers are looking to out-physical the Seahawk DBs, they may end up spending a lot of time on their asses

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more ridiculous than the Dez non-story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one way to look at it. Or if the Broncos receivers are looking to out-physical the Seahawk DBs, they may end up spending a lot of time on their asses

Well considering Sherman is what 30 lbs lighter than D. Thomas, 50 lbs lighter than J. Thomas, and 20 lbs. lighter than Decker I like the chances of the Broncos winning that battle over the middle.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering Sherman is what 30 lbs lighter than D. Thomas, 50 lbs lighter than J. Thomas, and 20 lbs. lighter than Decker I like the chances of the Broncos winning that battle over the middle.

Thank god Sherman is not the only player on defense, especially over the middle.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh, i agree. that is very possible also. I didn't mean to make it sound like i thought the broncos were going to pass at will. i actually favor the seahawks in this game. I think Denver -2.5 is backwards. I have the Seahawks -2.5 in my mind.

although, getting back to the match-up discussion, DT, JT, and decker are much bigger and stronger than any group of receivers the hawks have faced this season. They are generally 2 or 3 inches taller and/or weigh 30 pounds more than the guys that will be covering them. Maybe they can out-physical these guys that are in a different weight class, but i will be surprised. I think this is where the Broncos might be able to do some positive things on offense. I don't see them being able to run the ball particularly well on the seahawks but I could see their rub routes working against such an aggressive group. Just my opinion though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god Sherman is not the only player on defense, especially over the middle.

Oh sorry do you want me to post how much bigger they are than the others in the Defensive Backfield as well then? Only one that is close to them is Chancellor. All others look like they are about 20 lbs lighter or more just like Sherman. Heck the Bronco TE J. Thomas is bigger than all but 3 starters on the Seahawk defense throw in he runs a 4.45 forty.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sorry do you want me to post how much bigger they are than the others in the Defensive Backfield as well then? Only one that is close to them is Chancellor. All others look like they are about 20 lbs lighter or more just like Sherman. Heck the Bronco TE J. Thomas is bigger than all but 3 starters on the Seahawk defense throw in he runs a 4.45 forty.

There is still only one ball, and everyone on the Seahawks defense is flying to it.

And in order to run these pick routes, you still need to get clean off the line cleanly because of the timing involved. And Seattle makes it tough for everyone to get off the line, including big and fast tight ends, like Graham and Davis.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, i agree. that is very possible also. I didn't mean to make it sound like i thought the broncos were going to pass at will. i actually favor the seahawks in this game. I think Denver -2.5 is backwards. I have the Seahawks -2.5 in my mind.

although, getting back to the match-up discussion, DT, JT, and decker are much bigger and stronger than any group of receivers the hawks have faced this season. They are generally 2 or 3 inches taller and/or weigh 30 pounds more than the guys that will be covering them. Maybe they can out-physical these guys that are in a different weight class, but i will be surprised. I think this is where the Broncos might be able to do some positive things on offense. I don't see them being able to run the ball particularly well on the seahawks but I could see their rub routes working against such an aggressive group. Just my opinion though.

I don't know if those guys are much bigger and stronger than SFs receiving core. Yeah, they're bigger and more physical than most other groups but the Seahawk defense is bigger, faster and more physical than defense those guys have faced, including the defenses that played well against them this year.