• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 3rd best QB in NFC East

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, 3Rd best don't matter, as long as RGIII keeps busting that Cowboy ass...haha.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so eastbay. In your avatar that play was a completed pass for about a 6 yard gain and in JY's photo that play was a failure.

See, Kevin, Eastboy/catfish's statement exemplifies the Cowgirls. They are more interested in what looks good, ignoring the results. Hence his love for Romo. Big numbers, little meaningful results.

So now that he has been presented with very legitimate questions by Shark that could lead to intelligent debate between rivals, he avoids them. He would rather shift the focus to avatars. I guess its foolish to expect intelligent debate from someone that spent almost an entire season and all he could say was "catfish".

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N
See, Kevin, Eastboy/catfish's statement exemplifies the Cowgirls. They are more interested in what looks good, ignoring the results. Hence his love for Romo. Big numbers, little meaningful results.

So now that he has been presented with very legitimate questions by Shark that could lead to intelligent debate between rivals, he avoids them. He would rather shift the focus to avatars. I guess its foolish to expect intelligent debate from someone that spent almost an entire season and all he could say was "catfish".

I have no problem continuing the debate with Shark, but I refuse to use any intellect when dealing with a sideline cheerleader that is waiving pom poms for another grown man:lame:. I know your M.O. and a leopard doesn't change their spots, they just grow bigger.... Continue to bite my SWAG, cause as of right now you still at the swig stage:laugh3:

#Bitch don't KILL my VIBE!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N

I have no problem continuing the debate with Shark, but I refuse to use any intellect when dealing with a sideline cheerleader that is waiving pom poms for another grown man:lame:. I know your M.O. and a leopard doesn't change their spots, they just grow bigger.... Continue to bite my SWAG, cause as of right now you still at the swig stage:laugh3:

#Bitch don't KILL my VIBE!!

Then why haven't you answered the questions posed? And don't worry too much about using intellect......you haven't ever before. You would need intellect in order to use it. But you are the best at using smilies. Just like a popular school girl does.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, its all in good fun. Lets not get personal here on either side.

Although I will admit, I am starting to wonder why he wont answer atleast ONE of my questions.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although I will admit, I am starting to wonder why he wont answer atleast ONE of my questions.
since when do trolls do that?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I respect you & was going to follow your lead in regards to Catfish boy. However - as expected - he is slowly reverting to his old ways & I will never, ever respect this clown. You do what you have to, but I will do what I feel like & that includes giving this troll (which is all he will ever be) a very hard time.

HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect you & was going to follow your lead in regards to Catfish boy. However - as expected - he is slowly reverting to his old ways & I will never, ever respect this clown. You do what you have to, but I will do what I feel like & that includes giving this troll (which is all he will ever be) a very hard time.

HTTR

OH Im all for giving him a hard time. Or any other troll for that matter. Im just saying we can give a hard time without getting personal. We are mostly all adults here I think. Dont get it wrong, I will point out the folly of his notions when ever they pop up. But you can tell some one what they said was dumb with out calling them stupid.

Just trying to maintain a little peace around here, which i know goes straight out the Window in about 6-8 weeks any way. :lol:

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH Im all for giving him a hard time. Or any other troll for that matter. Im just saying we can give a hard time without getting personal. We are mostly all adults here I think. Dont get it wrong, I will point out the folly of his notions when ever they pop up. But you can tell some one what they said was dumb with out calling them stupid.

Just trying to maintain a little peace around here, which i know goes straight out the Window in about 6-8 weeks any way. :lol:
i just ignore him and other trolls. makes it that much simpler. they don't bring anything new or useful to a conversation. Most of it is just regurgitated material from ESPN or intended to get the thin-skinned ones a rise.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTTR

U MAD Gal?

#Respect yourself

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll talk results with you. What results have you seen from RG3 that sets him above Romo? Rookie seasons were similar. So what "results" have you seen that you would like to discuss?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U MAD Gal?

#Respect yourself

lol - I stated in another post that anybody who posts "Owned" or "You mad?" is pretty much of an idiot. Thanks for proving it. So sad that you have the mind of a 12 yr old trapped in the body of a 50+ yr old man. Sorry about that "BRO".

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman I would say it comes down to 4 things:
1- age of both in theyre 1st year seasons starting
2- turnover ratio
3-rushing ability
4-leadership qualities

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman I would say it comes down to 4 things:
1- age of both in theyre 1st year seasons starting
2- turnover ratio
3-rushing ability
4-leadership qualities

Valid. For #1 I'd say that time spent learning on the bench is more important than being young. #2 no question, Romo had a lot of INT's. #3 is tough. Ability to run helps with the passing game (keep defenders honest) but Romo was known as being able to escape. So he didn't run, but he could extend the play. Edge is to the rusher, as long as he doesn't run to the point that he starts to look "run first" or expose himself to too many hits. #4- RG3 is a great guy and no doubt a leader. I don't think Tony is a leader, he has been what I call a check-casher...shows up to make his money so he can live his life outside of football. But I think he can rally the team, and was the rallying point that first year.

Good points though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll talk results with you. What results have you seen from RG3 that sets him above Romo? Rookie seasons were similar. So what "results" have you seen that you would like to discuss?

Have to disagree here Ford.

Romo in his rookie season didnt take a single snap in a live game. Now if you mean Romo's first season as a starter being on par with RG3s rookie season, I will give you that. However, you would expect a guy who has spent three years on roster learning the offense before he took a meaningful snap to out perform any rookie.

Thus I would present that RG3 as a true rookie starter did infact outperform Romo based on first starting years.

Not being a dick, just pointing out a little glitch in your logic is all. ~pleas dont ban me~ :rollseyes:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What RG3 did as a true rookie was record breaking. Led the league in yards per attempt, and yards per attempt rushing. Broke the rookie rushing record for QBs, led the league in TDs of 40 yards or more. I'd have to double check but I don't think that Romo compared in his first year starting in anything other than yards per attempt... and Romo was 26 years old, not 21 like RG3.

At any rate, Romo is now gonna be 33 years old. 10-11 years older than RG3. In that 10-11 year span I would wager that RG3 will accomplish much more than Romo during Romo's career.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree here Ford.

Romo in his rookie season didnt take a single snap in a live game. Now if you mean Romo's first season as a starter being on par with RG3s rookie season, I will give you that. However, you would expect a guy who has spent three years on roster learning the offense before he took a meaningful snap to out perform any rookie.

Thus I would present that RG3 as a true rookie starter did infact outperform Romo based on first starting years.

Not being a dick, just pointing out a little glitch in your logic is all. ~pleas dont ban me~ :rollseyes:

I will add one more thing to this comparison. Fair or not - Romo's initial season of 2006 was the start of the trend where he & the Boys fare very poorly in Dec & beyond (including some infamous playoff chokes).

Not sure how he will fare over the long term but for now all we have is one year for RG3 where the team won every game in Dec & also appeared to be on their way to a playoff win over the Seahawks prior to his injury. Time will tell but for both of their initial year of signficant playing time this is a huge difference IMO.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add one more thing to this comparison. Fair or not - Romo's initial season of 2006 was the start of the trend where he & the Boys fare very poorly in Dec & beyond (including some infamous playoff chokes).

Not sure how he will fare over the long term but for now all we have is one year for RG3 where the team won every game in Dec & also appeared to be on their way to a playoff win over the Seahawks prior to his injury. Time will tell but for both of their initial year of signficant playing time this is a huge difference IMO.

I would agree, but what was asked was to debate "results". No question RG3 has a higher upside, but if results are all we want to discuss, then we see two QB's that can't win in the playoffs yet :yahoo:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree, but what was asked was to debate "results". No question RG3 has a higher upside, but if results are all we want to discuss, then we see two QB's that can't win in the playoffs yet :yahoo:

Fair enough. I would agree from the standpoint that the Seahawks game & late Dec started the whole concern about RG3's health. Until we see him get through at least all of the upcoming season none us will feel completely confident. Time will tell.