• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Respect Timmy

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you might have posted that in the wrong thread?

but...

You forgot a huge piece of information that every one seems to forget. The Heat were without Bosh most of those series. When he came back they dominated.

That is why I was so confident this year that the Indy series would be easier, I may have greatly misjudged how much better the pacers got in the off season though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of my point. After the rings LBJs career resume is better. Since a resume is individual, that is the approach I took to evaluating their resume's.

I am not saying LBJ is higher on the GOAT list as Kobe. Honestly if LBJ retired today he is probably barely top 15. If he can get a ring this year then probably top 12 to 10ish with retirement afterwards.

At the same time I think LBJ is a superior player than Kobe, but I am still not putting him higher on the GOAT list.

All the questions can be altered slightly for a different evaluation process and this should yield different math but could result in the same result. Everyone's process is different and everyone's math is opinion. Really a fascinating science.

Can't really dispute any of this!! Although, I'd have Lebron 12 to 10ish on the GOAT list now, ring this year or not.

I also agree that Lebron is a better player than Kobe. Lebron is more of an all-around player than Kobe. Kobe has learned to be a bit more of an all-around player, but not like Lebron.

I've always said, if looking for comparisons, I think Lebron's game favors Magic and Kobe's favors MJ!!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of my point. After the rings LBJs career resume is better. Since a resume is individual, that is the approach I took to evaluating their resume's.

I am not saying LBJ is higher on the GOAT list as Kobe. Honestly if LBJ retired today he is probably barely top 15. If he can get a ring this year then probably top 12 to 10ish with retirement afterwards.

At the same time I think LBJ is a superior player than Kobe, but I am still not putting him higher on the GOAT list.

All the questions can be altered slightly for a different evaluation process and this should yield different math but could result in the same result. Everyone's process is different and everyone's math is opinion. Really a fascinating science.

your whole evaluation process is a matter of opinion not fact. you are basing your views on someones opinion who never even played the game!!! the writers can vote for whom ever they like to be mvp. you should use your own eyes to determine a players value.

Can you honestly say, if kobe was not accused of r*pe, nash would of been voted ahead of him? Can you honestly say that nash is better than kobe?
Its am award that doesnt even represent its title. If i was a commissioner of a sports league, the most valued player would be the guy who impacts my league the most. People in China bought more kobe jerseys than Yao mings. every where kobe plays, ticket prices rise and arenas sell out. That doesnt happen when Nash comes to town. If you really think nash is better than Kobe because of an award(opinion) then i would conclude you are just a hater

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn your Pacers are still in the playoffs and you already picking the heat to reach the finals... that's some sad shit.

:lol:

Right after he convinced me they teach DIE HARD LOYALTY in NW Indiana!!!

Now you are a realist? Being a realist do you weigh in the fact that indiana beat the heat 2 out of 3 during the regular season? How about the fact that both wins were at home where the next few games will be played?

I think you need a vacation bro... Come to Cali, Ill show you how we really Die Hard

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really dispute any of this!! Although, I'd have Lebron 12 to 10ish on the GOAT list now, ring this year or not.

I also agree that Lebron is a better player than Kobe. Lebron is more of an all-around player than Kobe. Kobe has learned to be a bit more of an all-around player, but not like Lebron.

I've always said, if looking for comparisons, I think Lebron's game favors Magic and Kobe's favors MJ!!

:agree:

Being a fan of magic, not just because he was a laker but his all around game. I would pick Lebron's game over Kobe's game in a heartbeat. Kobe is a bitter sweet player to root for.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

:agree:

Being a fan of magic, not just because he was a laker but his all around game. I would pick Lebron's game over Kobe's game in a heartbeat. Kobe is a bitter sweet player to root for.

Yeah, Magic is my all-time favorite player and in my opinion, the GOAT!!

Agree about Kobe being bittersweet to root for!! He has done some incredible things in his career and had a huge hand in 5 championships. But there are also plenty of games where I'm wanting to yell: "Stop shooting Kobe"!!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to tell you BOTS, but LeBron is in his prime right now. It can only go down from here. Like seriously, it's quite unbelievable how much his face his aged this year from last. You also saw his scoring take a big dip in the final month of the regular season and into the Playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to tell you BOTS, but LeBron is in his prime right now. It can only go down from here. Like seriously, it's quite unbelievable how much his face his aged this year from last. You also saw his scoring take a big dip in the final month of the regular season and into the Playoffs.

1) 2 points is not a big dip

2) He played 4 games in April

3) He avg 30 MPG in April which was 8 minutes less than his normal playing minutes.

4) Any comments on him shooting 70% in April

5) When LBJ is avg around 25 PPG it is usually a good thing for Miami because that means the other guys are playing well. When he is avg over 30 PPG it usually means the others are not doing their job and he is picking up the slack for them which is what is going on so far in the ECF.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Magic is my all-time favorite player and in my opinion, the GOAT!!

Agree about Kobe being bittersweet to root for!! He has done some incredible things in his career and had a huge hand in 5 championships. But there are also plenty of games where I'm wanting to yell: "Stop shooting Kobe"!!

you and me both!! I have found myself doing idiotic things like punch holes in doors/walls that cost me money and time to fix :tsk:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't referring to the month of April, idiot. I was referring to the final month of games. It will certainly be interesting to see how his game holds up after he turns 30, when he'll have to rely on IQ to dominate as opposed to pure athleticism. I don't think he could do it...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is obviously a special player. However the one thing that will always stick in my mind is that he couldnt do it alone he needed to be part of the big 3

Kobe broke out of that stigma when winning 2 titles without Shaq

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so, are you suggesting that next year will be his post prime era?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't referring to the month of April, idiot. I was referring to the final month of games. It will certainly be interesting to see how his game holds up after he turns 30, when he'll have to rely on IQ to dominate as opposed to pure athleticism. I don't think he could do it...

In March he put up numbers that were basically close to his season avg. He avg 26, 8, and 7 on 53% shooting. His final season statistics looked like this: 27, 8, and 7 on 56% shooting. So he avg 1 less PPG and only shot 53%. What a terrible month for Lebron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is obviously a special player. However the one thing that will always stick in my mind is that he couldnt do it alone he needed to be part of the big 3

Kobe broke out of that stigma when winning 2 titles without Shaq

He still played with another HOF in Gasol. LBJ teams in Cleveland never came close to being as talented as those Kobe teams either. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom would have all been the 2nd best player on Cleveland.

Let's see Kobe win a ring with Mo Williams as the 2nd best player on his team

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still played with another HOF in Gasol. LBJ teams in Cleveland never came close to being as talented as those Kobe teams either. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom would have all been the 2nd best player on Cleveland.

Lets see LeBron do it first

Bottom line is that Kobe didnt bolt like a bitch to build a super team. He stayed grounded it out and won 2 more titles.

ANybody who isnt a blind lebron homer knows that it is Kobe>Lebron

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In March he put up numbers that were basically close to his season avg. He avg 26, 8, and 7 on 53% shooting. His final season statistics looked like this: 27, 8, and 7 on 56% shooting. So he avg 1 less PPG and only shot 53%. What a terrible month for Lebron.

Point is, his scoring has been down of late. 25 a game in the final month and 22 in the Playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see LeBron do it first

Bottom line is that Kobe didnt bolt like a bitch to build a super team. He stayed grounded it out and won 2 more titles.

ANybody who isnt a blind lebron homer knows that it is Kobe>Lebron

When did I ever say it wasn't Kobe>Lebron? However it is unfair to judge them until both of their careers are completed. Kobe has had the better career but LBJ been the better player for at least the last 5 years if not more.

Kobe was ready to leave the Lakers until they traded for Pau. Let's just ignore the fact that he requested for a trade

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point that I've learned over the years even when I still was a fan of LeBron's - He doesn't make anyone around him better. Not that he's selfish, he just doesn't have that gift of raising the play of his teammates.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is, his scoring has been down of late. 25 a game in the final month and 22 in the Playoffs.

You should really check your stats before you talk. He is avg 25.6 PPG which is rounded up to 26 PPG so I have no idea where you get 22 PPG

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say it wasn't Kobe>Lebron? However it is unfair to judge them until both of their careers are completed. Kobe has had the better career but LBJ been the better player for at least the last 5 years if not more.

Kobe was ready to leave the Lakers until they traded for Pau. Let's just ignore the fact that he requested for a trade

Obviously Lebron has more time
To me his record will always be tarnished for leaving like a bitch to play with Wade and Bosh