• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REPORT: Redskins Could Trade Kirk Cousins To Either Browns or 49ers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the Redskins are so adamant on getting rid of Cousins. They have FAR bigger issues on their ENTIRE defense before they need to address QB/offense. I'm not sure what the hell ever happened to Josh Doctson outside of a bench pad.

All I can conclude from this report is......... The Redskins org is fucking insane.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing KC to a long term deal is not going to be easy. KC has all the leverage. He is going to want to be the highest paid QB in the league and want more guarantee money than Luck. This is why the Skins have to look at all options. I love how you guys just say sign him or its a big mistake. You are not even thinking that KC is going to want to be the highest paid player in the LEAGUE. Doesn't that factor in the decision making?

He can want $200 million - doesn't matter - he is not going to get that type of money from the Redskins nor anyone else. Stop overstating the situation. He will likely get a very hefty salary & big guaranteed money but not as high & certainly not more than Luck. There are other factors at work. For starters - I guarantee that Cousins would rather play for the Redskins than the 49ers. He will have more weapons, more familiarity (both on & off field) & get to continue to work in the same system. Working w/ K. Shanahan on its own doesn't trump those.

In any case - at worst - I don't see him going anywhere for at least one more season since the Skins can tag him & they likely are not going to get all that much in trade if they decide to go that route. Don't let me get in your way - keep amping up the drama on this one (along with Florio, Shefter, etc).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the Redskins are so adamant on getting rid of Cousins. They have FAR bigger issues on their ENTIRE defense before they need to address QB/offense. I'm not sure what the hell ever happened to Josh Doctson outside of a bench pad.

All I can conclude from this report is......... The Redskins org is fucking insane.

The Redskins have never made any statements of this sort. This is pure speculation and rumors coming from the media & yes they realize that they have to address other issues (as does Seattle). As for Doctson - we will see - he was injured most of last season. That doesn't mean that he can't rebound & contribute next season. Time will tell.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins have never made any statements of this sort. This is pure speculation and rumors coming from the media & yes they realize that they have to address other issues (as does Seattle). As for Doctson - we will see - he was injured most of last season. That doesn't mean that he can't rebound & contribute next season. Time will tell.

Alright, well that sums it up nicely, lol.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can want $200 million - doesn't matter - he is not going to get that type of money from the Redskins nor anyone else. Stop overstating the situation. He will likely get a very hefty salary & big guaranteed money but not as high & certainly not more than Luck. There are other factors at work. For starters - I guarantee that Cousins would rather play for the Redskins than the 49ers. He will have more weapons, more familiarity (both on & off field) & get to continue to work in the same system. Working w/ K. Shanahan on its own doesn't trump those.

In any case - at worst - I don't see him going anywhere for at least one more season since the Skins can tag him & they likely are not going to get all that much in trade if they decide to go that route. Don't let me get in your way - keep amping up the drama on this one (along with Florio, Shefter, etc).

You don't know for sure what he is asking for. All these guys are all about the money. KC got even more leverage by Kyle taking the 49ers job.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, well that sums it up nicely, lol.

What did I miss chief? Have any of these reports been verified? Was Doctson's injury permanent? I guess that we all can't be know-it-alls like Seahawks fans.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I miss chief? Have any of these reports been verified? Was Doctson's injury permanent? I guess that we all can't be know-it-alls like Seahawks fans.

You gave a pretty clear overview so I said it sums it up nicely. WTF? Maybe my post came off sarcastic? Wasn't meant to be.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know for sure what he is asking for. All these guys are all about the money. KC got even more leverage by Kyle taking the 49ers job.

Read my reply again. He can ask for anything he wants it doesn't mean that he is going to get it from the Redskins nor anyone else. I see no way in hell that Cousins is going to get more guaranteed money than Luck. I also don't think that he is strictly a money guy as you suggest & God Knows that playing for the 49ers won't be a picnic regardless of whether Shanahan is the coach (he won't be working with Falcons like talent in SF).

Just let this play out & stop paying so much attention to the media reports.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gave a pretty clear overview so I said it sums it up nicely. WTF? Maybe my post came off sarcastic? Wasn't meant to be.

Sorry man. This subject has kind of been touchy to me & almost strictly because of the opinions of some Redskins fans - not fans of other teams. Peace.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my reply again. He can ask for anything he wants it doesn't mean that he is going to get it from the Redskins nor anyone else. I see no way in hell that Cousins is going to get more guaranteed money than Luck. I also don't think that he is strictly a money guy as you suggest & God Knows that playing for the 49ers won't be a picnic regardless of whether Shanahan is the coach (he won't be working with Falcons like talent in SF).

Just let this play out & stop paying so much attention to the media reports.

I'm just saying he can use the 49ers as leverage. That is why he could get more money than Luck.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying he can use the 49ers as leverage. That is why he could get more money than Luck.

Given the history of the Redskins and their current GM - I really can't see them going totally nuts on Cousins' contract (regardless of any perceived offers from others - which would only be that since those teams can't negotiate w/ him for now). You also have to believe that Cousins doesn't want to break the bank & leave no money to address other team needs. He has said as much in recent interviews.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the history of the Redskins and their current GM - I really can't see them going totally nuts on Cousins' contract (regardless of any perceived offers from others - which would only be that since those teams can't negotiate w/ him for now). You also have to believe that Cousins doesn't want to break the bank & leave no money to address other team needs. He has said as much in recent interviews.

That is just bullshit. If he doesn't get what he wants, KC can say the 49ers will give it to me. IF we get KC signed less than the Luck deal that would be a huge win for us. I just don't think it will happen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just bullshit. If he doesn't get what he wants, KC can say the 49ers will give it to me. IF we get KC signed less than the Luck deal that would be a huge win for us. I just don't think it will happen.

What part of Cousins actually stating that he doesn't want to break the bank & leave money for others don't you get?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bidding war for Garrapollo is gonna be pretty huge
Think about. Why would Belecheat trade Garrapollo with Brady being on the north side of 35, if Garrapollo is so great? If he were to be a franchise type QB, wouldn't it be better to let him "Aaron Rodgers" as the heir apparent?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of Cousins actually stating that he doesn't want to break the bank & leave money for others don't you get?

He said that before the 49ers and Kyle came into the equation. Do you really think he is going to give us a discount? If so do you think he takes the Brock deal?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I keep Cousins if I'm Washington. He's been the best QB the team has had in quite sometime.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Think about. Why would Belecheat trade Garrapollo with Brady being on the north side of 35, if Garrapollo is so great? If he were to be a franchise type QB, wouldn't it be better to let him "Aaron Rodgers" as the heir apparent?

Garrapollo is going to be a FA in 2018 and I doubt he's going to want to stick around and be Tom Brady's backup for another 3 or so years when he can be a starter and get a huge contract elsewhere.

So Pats have no choice but to trade him or risk getting nothing for him outside a comp pick.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at anyone willing ot pay Cousins a top 3 QB contract.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that before the 49ers and Kyle came into the equation. Do you really think he is going to give us a discount? If so do you think he takes the Brock deal?

It is not a discount - it is simply not asking for the sky. Heck the 49ers probably also don't want to break the bank (in terms of $$ & draft picks) to get Cousins since they have numerous areas to address. His deal will be much bigger than Osweiler ($37 M guaranteed) but again certainly not the amt of Luck at least in terms of guaranteed money. I think that a figure between those two certainly is fair & should be agreeable to both parties.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The 9ers will be in play for Cousins but I don't see them giving up two 1sts or the #2 overall pick for him.

If the Skins plan on getting a deal done he won't be on the trading block and if they don't the Skins don't have a ton of leverage in a trade since everyone knows they won't franchise him in 2018 and you could take your chances on just getting him as a FA without giving up any picks.

The Redskins won't give him away but they can't ask for the moon either since they'll need to get something for him instead of letting him walk in FA and the teams that want him will be fully aware of that fact.

The Browns are in the power position here because they have 2 1st rounders and are probably more amendable in giving up the #12 pick and change if it means landing a QB.

But Cousins hold all the power because he can decide to just play out next year on the franchise tag and just become a free agent and choose the team he wants. Sure the Redskins could trade him but all Cousins has to say is he won't sign a long-term deal with whoever he's traded too and that will cause any team to pass on trading for him.