• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REPORT: Redskins Could Trade Kirk Cousins To Either Browns or 49ers

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as a Cowboys fan, the skins are DOOOOOOOOOMED

Cousins is gonna get that check and start stinking up the joint.......and I'm going to LOVE IT

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as a Cowboys fan, the skins are DOOOOOOOOOMED

Cousins is gonna get that check and start stinking up the joint.......and I'm going to LOVE IT

The only reason to expect Cousins to regress IMO would be the offseason changes more than getting paid. He could lose DJax and Garcon, and has already lost his OC.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to expect Cousins to regress IMO would be the offseason changes more than getting paid. He could lose DJax and Garcon, and has already lost his OC.

DOOOOOOOOOOOMED

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Garcon is making it clear that he wants to stay & I think that the team should be able to accommodate him. Jackson may be a goner. He will be missed, but they did pretty well even when he was not involved & Doctson could also contribute next season.

In terms of the OC - McVay will be missed, but I don't think that this is a big deal. Gruden should be able to assist and the QB coach was promoted & knows the system well (& Cousins now has experience in this area). This change also might help them overcome some red zone issues since those were partially due to coaching.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Looking ahead to 2017: Redskins will have more than ample cap room

You make it sound like the Cousins deal will eat up almost the entire cap which is crap. I am sure that they will structure Cousins contract in a manner that protects them somewhat. In any case - he would likely take up around $20 M or so & that leaves them more then enough room to resign certain players & perhaps a FA or two. Their focus will be on the draft anyhow. Cousins has already indicated that he is open to restructuring in future years to help them cap wise.

Cousins doesn't have to be an elite QB - just needs to improve & keep the team heading in the rt direction. The alternative is rolling the dice & finding a decent QB in the draft - not always easy to do. The rt move is extending Cousins & I think that they will be fine. You are entitled to your opinion - have fun with that.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wentz ready to take the next step and win a division title? If not, it's Washington's turn in the inconsistent NFC East. I think Cousins stays.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wentz ready to take the next step and win a division title? If not, it's Washington's turn in the inconsistent NFC East. I think Cousins stays.
Probably New York they haven't won in a while

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Kirk Cousins would accept a trade only to the 49ers

John Keim of ESPN.com reports that Cousins would accept a trade only to the 49ers. It’s a match that flows clearly and obviously from the dot-connecting process sparked by former Washington offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan’s emergence as the presumed successor to Chip Kelly in San Francisco.
Former coordinator. Has tremendous success. Makes a good deal of sense. There might be real smoke here. Remember last year there was chatter the Skins FO (correctly IMO) determined Cousins to be replacement value.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins should keep him, he's a good QB... The last thing they want to do is go into next season with a QB that can't get it done... With Cousins that have a guy that will give you a chance ...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins slapped with exclusive franchise tag

Franchise tag just applied to Cousins. He can still be traded but the Redskins would need to be the ones to initiate that. They have until mid July to try to work out a long term extension. Pretty much no surprises here.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins should keep him, he's a good QB... The last thing they want to do is go into next season with a QB that can't get it done... With Cousins that have a guy that will give you a chance ...
Well that's the basic question here for the Skins: Is Cousins a good QB, a force multiplier QB, a mediocre QB, or a bad QB. I think we can safely say he is not a bad QB at this point, but the other categories I mentioned are moreso up in the air. What is increasingly clear is the AAV WILL be above 25M. Would you rather have Trubisky ona rookie contract or would you rather have Cousins at 25M+ per year for 6 years? I tend to think Cousins is more of a force multiplier which makes the potential loss of Garcon and/or Jackson a distressing situation. Tough call for the Skins.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cousins slapped with exclusive franchise tag

Franchise tag just applied to Cousins. He can still be traded but the Redskins would need to be the ones to initiate that. They have until mid July to try to work out a long term extension. Pretty much no surprises here.

Another team can initiate trade talks with the Redskins but they can't talk contract with Cousins unless the Skins basically have agreed with trade compensation with another team and give that team permission to talk contract with Cousins before the deal is finalized.

My guess is the 9ers and Skins work out a trade at some point because unless there is a change of heart it doesn't look like the Skins are going to offer what Cousins is looking for and Cousins has no reason to budge from what he's asking.

So the Skins are better off making the trade, getting a better draft pick than a 3rd round comp, and using that money elsewhere and start looking for their new QB.