• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REPORT: Redskins Could Trade Kirk Cousins To Either Browns or 49ers

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REPORT: Redskins Could Trade Kirk Cousins To Either Browns or 49ers - Daily Snark

According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, “don’t be surprised if the 49ers make a run at Kirk Cousins if the Redskins do not make him their exclusive franchise player.” Shanahan was the offensive coordinator in Washington for three seasons (2010-13) and, according to Rapoport, was “integral” in the selection of Cousins in the draft.

:hope:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, how many picks do they want to give up, including their #1?

Redskins don't have a solid backup plan at QB, so they would have to be taken with a rookie to deal Cousins IMO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington couldn't be that stupid...could they?

Shirley they franchise him another year IF they can't ink him to a long term deal.
Washington knows better than most what life is like with a below average QB

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the Skins can't have nice things. God this would be a HUGE get for Shanahan going into SF

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins would have to be under contract for a trade to happen. They could franchise him but what idiot trades for player that is under a franchise tag deal? Chip is no longer in S.F. he would be stupid enough to do it. So I am sure SF fans are breathing a sigh of relief.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what SF offers I guess. If Shanahan (hopefully the next coach) signs off on it, then I'm more inclined to trust his judgement say vs. Tomsula or Singletary or Nolan. Cousins is a good QB at best, and I think he's only gonna be as good as the guys around him. He's not a guy that takes his huddle on his back and carries his team.

I'd rather they trade him to Cleveland for their #1, so maybe SF has a chance at Garrett. Right now I have to rely on Cleveland screwing that up....which is entirely possible.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny....I don't see all these weapons
good players at receiver but not game changers
not all that good oline play and basically no run game or defense

opinion vary I guess
True- just poking a hornet's nest. Crowder, Garçon and specifically DJax as a collective make for a pretty formidable WR group. Pass protection solid. Top 3-5 receiving TE in the game plus Vernon Davis. DJax still has to be accounted for at all times and the coverages reflect that in the all22 I've seen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True- just poking a hornet's nest. Crowder, Garçon and specifically DJax as a collective make for a pretty formidable WR group. Pass protection solid. Top 3-5 receiving TE in the game plus Vernon Davis. DJax still has to be accounted for at all times and the coverages reflect that in the all22 I've seen.

Hmm - RG3 had a lot of those weapons - how did that go?

Cousins may not be elite, but he is also not as bad as you are portraying & he is the first QB the Skins have had in 20 years who has put together decent back-to-back seasons. Any rookie that they draft would be a crapshoot. I pray that the Redskins don't part ways with Cousins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - NFL Network along w/ Fox and ESPN is currently in the bullshit rumors business. Something along these lines could always happen, but I maintain that this one likely was pulled out of thin air.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is in a tough spot with Cousins. I think he is well above average, and a team can win with him at QB, but the kind of contract numbers that are being talked about would give me pause if I were the Redskins.

The Ravens should be a cautionary tale for Washington. Give Kirk Cousins $25mil+ per year and he needs to be great and able to carry his team, otherwise you end up like the Ravens with a good but not great QB who costs a fortune, thus limiting the roster in other areas. Keleche Osemele was pretty good for the Raiders this past season - bet Baltimore wishes they could have afforded to keep him.

Do Washington fans believe Kirk Cousins is a guy who can carry his team to playoff appearances with a diminished roster around him? Beyond?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington couldn't be that stupid...could they?

I beg to differ, sir. They could indeed be that stupid. Stupider even. Stupidest is an extremely strong possibility.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is in a tough spot with Cousins. I think he is well above average, and a team can win with him at QB, but the kind of contract numbers that are being talked about would give me pause if I were the Redskins.

The Ravens should be a cautionary tale for Washington. Give Kirk Cousins $25mil+ per year and he needs to be great and able to carry his team, otherwise you end up like the Ravens with a good but not great QB who costs a fortune, thus limiting the roster in other areas. Keleche Osemele was pretty good for the Raiders this past season - bet Baltimore wishes they could have afforded to keep him.

Do Washington fans believe Kirk Cousins is a guy who can carry his team to playoff appearances with a diminished roster around him? Beyond?

We've been told on the Skins forum that paying Kirk Cousins Andrew Luck money won't be a problem, We'll be able to do it. Some peeps are even saying, it'll be cool if the Skins make him the league's highest paid player because in a year or two year. Some othetr QB is gonna get a contract bigger than that. I don't trust it myself, but I'm worried whagt we'll do if the Skins ttrade him as well.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. How many young QBs are we going to sacrifice to the Browns before their hunger is satisfied?!?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins clearly want to trade up for Mitch Trubisky.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never held Cousins in high regard, but this seems like a mistake for Washington. But then again, if they can get a King's ransom for him from either SF & CLE, then it could be worth it? I don't know enough about the '17 draft's QB class to justify it though.