• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REPORT: Redskins Could Trade Kirk Cousins To Either Browns or 49ers

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Skins go through with a trade, they will be one of the very few teams to eschew "overpaying" a QB. It may also imply they think highly of one of the QB prospects in this draft- especially if said trade is with the 49ers. It would be if nothing else- bold.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. I wonder what the locker room thinks and how they'll react if he's traded. They seemed to play hard for him.

And who is gonna QB the Skins??

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this trade happened, I would wager Mitch Trubisky.

Dear God No - given their track record this would be a total disaster & even with the best outcome it will likely take years for this QB to be effective.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins have decided they will not trade franchise player Kirk Cousins.

"He is not going anywhere," said RapSheet. "They decided that they are not going to trade him to the 49ers." The Redskins giving off the impression that they won't deal Cousins increases their leverage, but Rapoport seems convinced Cousins is indeed off the trade block. If so, the 49ers may have to turn to a band-aid veteran like Brian Hoyer or Matt Schaub. The free agent signal-caller market is all but barren, and no respected draft analysts believe any quarterback in this year's class is worthy of the No. 2 overall pick.
Source: NFL.com

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins have decided they will not trade franchise player Kirk Cousins.

"He is not going anywhere," said RapSheet. "They decided that they are not going to trade him to the 49ers." The Redskins giving off the impression that they won't deal Cousins increases their leverage, but Rapoport seems convinced Cousins is indeed off the trade block. If so, the 49ers may have to turn to a band-aid veteran like Brian Hoyer or Matt Schaub. The free agent signal-caller market is all but barren, and no respected draft analysts believe any quarterback in this year's class is worthy of the No. 2 overall pick.

Rap is basing his opinion on the fact they put the Exclusive Tag on him but they were always going to put the Exclusive Tag on him and it doesn't mean that Cousins is off the trading block.

It doesn't mean Cousins will be traded but it would be completely irresponsible on the Skins part to not at least have some conversations with interested teams on Cousins. The Skins and 9ers will be talking no doubt but it remains to be seen if anything comes from it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my preference. I'm not a Cousins fan, although if Shanahan really wanted him I'd roll with it...I guess. If anybody, I'd take Jimmy G. from New England or take a stop-gap and look for either a third rounder or something like that in this draft and then look at the top of the 2018 draft class for pivot help.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Yea let's expect 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for a guy we don't believe is a franchise QB and will be a free agent next season.

I mean I know you're trying to convince people you have leverage but at least try harder to not make it so obvious you are.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's the basic question here for the Skins: Is Cousins a good QB, a force multiplier QB, a mediocre QB, or a bad QB. I think we can safely say he is not a bad QB at this point, but the other categories I mentioned are moreso up in the air. What is increasingly clear is the AAV WILL be above 25M. Would you rather have Trubisky ona rookie contract or would you rather have Cousins at 25M+ per year for 6 years? I tend to think Cousins is more of a force multiplier which makes the potential loss of Garcon and/or Jackson a distressing situation. Tough call for the Skins.

Tough call, but if you go into the season with a sub-par QB the results are gonna be predictable... Unless they get hella lucky with a surprise rookie...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Skins go through with a trade, they will be one of the very few teams to eschew "overpaying" a QB. It may also imply they think highly of one of the QB prospects in this draft- especially if said trade is with the 49ers. It would be if nothing else- bold.

Marks for using 'eschew' in a sentence on the hoop.

I do believe that's a stoning offence though.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haahaahaahaahaahaa!

My God! The meltdown from our resident Skin fans if Romo ends up in DC.....

:pop2:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like keeping Romo in the division.

giphy.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haahaahaahaahaahaa!

My God! The meltdown from our resident Skin fans if Romo ends up in DC.....

:pop2:
The meltdown would be epic. Be funny to see Cowboys fans dissing Romo also if this happened.