• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots cheating AGAIN...AGAIN....AGAIN....AGAIN....:noidea:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that after the shinny ball thing with Romo in Seattle, they made it so that a neutral person issued the game balls ...not sure if that was ever true or not.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just have fun with this one guys. Deflated-ball gate. Patriots used deflated footballs to give their team the edge beating the Colts 45-7.

i am sure Roger will get a call from his buddy Kraft and he will bury this just like he destroyed the evidence in Camgate. They are Butt Buddies, you know?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that after the shinny ball thing with Romo in Seattle, they made it so that a neutral person issued the game balls ...not sure if that was ever true or not.

didn't you hear..that was an inadvertent mistake pulling that particular ball out of the bag. :L

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sure Roger will get a call from his buddy Kraft and he will bury this just like he destroyed the evidence in Camgate. They are Butt Buddies, you know?

Rams why all the hate and trolling, 1 of your 3 teams beat the Pats in SB, twice . You mad bro?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea ..and it was the same thing with Jerry after the Detroit game. The fix was in ..Right?

Can't you guys ever accept an outcome you don't like?

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming someone in the league has the brains to realize the balls were probably inflated indoors in 70 degree air, then brought outside and cooled down. That will cause a pressure drop. Same way that useless tire inflation warning light comes on in your car every winter. :L

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming someone in the league has the brains to realize the balls were probably inflated indoors in 70 degree air, then brought outside and cooled down. That will cause a pressure drop. Same way that useless tire inflation warning light comes on in your car every winter. :L

but if one is a butt hurt Colts reporter it doesn't matter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer Easiason - "non issue"

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflating a ball is not so hard as many people seem to think - assuming the valve is similar to the one used in soccer balls - IIRC back then we simply deflated the ball by putting a needle in the valve. Could easily be done on the side-line by the equipment guy in seconds out of sight of everyone. The bigger problem is making sure the deflated ball(s) will only be in possession of your own side, and not in the hands of the opposing QB. Not sure about the game mechanics, but even that might be quite easy to do.

They obviously grow them pretty dumb where you are from, but I don't know if I could find an 8 yr old who doesn't know how to inflate/deflate a football. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so lets say that the balls had been deflated. Would that explain why Luck was not able to complete passes and Brady was or did the master cheater Belicheat somehow make it that only the balls used by Colts had been deflated..or was it the Pats they used them. Raining so a deflated ball would be easier to grip???

:scratch:

Not we have ballgate lmfao

In a word......yes. Each team has their own footballs. If a ball is underinflated in wet weather, it is easier to grip and keep the ball from slipping from the qb's hand. If the Colts were using properly inflated footballs and the Patriots were using underinflated one's, then there was an advantage for Brady.

Not saying that's why they won, but you get a better grip with an underinflated ball.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they find a smoking gun in this case that shows the Pat's were indeed deflating them on purpose, they should be given the NFL's version of the death penalty and have multiple early draft picks from multiple years taken away given their history.

But it will be hard to find a smoking gun I am sure.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck doesn't need help, Brady does.

I get your point and understand that you like to rail on Brady and the Pats but what I do not get is that if the ball being deflated helps the QB and receivers so much...why did Luck not have the same advantage and his receivers?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a word......yes. Each team has their own footballs. If a ball is underinflated in wet weather, it is easier to grip and keep the ball from slipping from the qb's hand. If the Colts were using properly inflated footballs and the Patriots were using underinflated one's, then there was an advantage for Brady.

Not saying that's why they won, but you get a better grip with an underinflated ball.

Ok so each team has separate footballs? I did now know that and figured they all played with the same one's

Thanks for the info

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is likely a non-issue, but when a known cheater is involved, it's bound to get some press. After hall he wasn't fined half a million for nothing.

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the Patriots are always up to something. Gotta give hoodie credit, he's thinking outside the box.