• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protocol for the ball going from factory to field

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Patriots supporter and honestly think the deflating of balls issue is overblown once again in terms of the actual games outcome.

But there is no doubt in my mind that it was deliberate manipulation by the Patriots and I'm sure Bellichick knew about it and he's going to need to be punished for it.

His obsessiveness and attention to such details is also what makes him great but he's certainly not perfect.

It's not uncommon.

Patton was a pure SOB who didn't believe in PTSD and battle fatigue but he was one of the best generals the US had

Nixon certainly didn't need to ok the Watergate break-in to win the 72 election but I'm sure they felt "no stone unturned" was the way to go.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Patriots supporter and honestly think the deflating of balls issue is overblown once again in terms of the actual games outcome.

But there is doubt in my mind that it was deliberate manipulation by the Patriots and I'm sure Bellichick knew about it and he's going to need to be punished for it.

Think this is like the OJ case? Because people feel justice wasn't served the first time, the second problem is getting blown out of proportion?

I do. :)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams are cheaters. Ever see a play where a player commits a hold and it's not called?

It's simply a perspective issue. If the Patriots hadn't been so successful the last 15 years this story would be back page material. In fact the opposing team likely wouldn't have even notified the league.

Here we go again all teams are cheaters so all of this is ok....comical. It's one thing for a player to do something wrong on the field during battle after all we're human but when it comes from management and is cold and calculated it's on another wave length. But not according to this clown....give it up buddy I'm getting more and more embarrassed for you.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this is like the OJ case? Because people feel justice wasn't served the first time, the second problem is getting blown out of proportion?

I do. :)

Yeah. There is also the Patriots hate factor due to their long term success and their coach. Like the Yankees and the like.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again all teams are cheaters so all of this is ok....comical. It's one thing for a player to do something wrong on the field during battle after all we're human but when it comes from management and is cold and calculated it's on another wave length. But not according to this clown....give it up buddy I'm getting more and more embarrassed for you.

No it's not ok but it's part of developing a true perspective on the "CRIME"

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to admire their will, they want to spin this into being okay so badly.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Patriots do it so does everyone else!! haha lol

Actually every qb does do it. It's not some secret that QB's mess with the balls every week, and the league knows it.

Report after report is coming out from QB's confirming this.

The point being is that it's only a story because it's the Patriots.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not ok but it's part of developing a true perspective on the "CRIME"

I don't disagree but at the same time if you add all of this up could this have been enough for the ravens to win that game? I have no doubt that the colts were frauds and would have had their ass handed to them either way. So all in all this ruins the integrity of the game which pisses me off more than anything. Let the teams win it on the field not in board room...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So explain to the class which rules are OK to break and which ones are not.

Is it OK for a defender to tug at a receivers jersey? Happens all the time and often isn't seen by the officials though we can see it on replay during the game.

Where exactly is the line of tolerance of breaking of the rules? Please tell us all.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but at the same time if you add all of this up could this have been enough for the ravens to win that game? I have no doubt that the colts were frauds and would have had their ass handed to them either way. So all in all this ruins the integrity of the game which pisses me off more than anything. Let the teams win it on the field not in board room...

Are you prepped to accept the punishing of all Phins players for breaking rules during the game that weren't caught by the ref but spotted after the game while reviewing the film? I mean according to you it effects the integrity of the game.:pound:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So explain to the class which rules are OK to break and which ones are not.

Is it OK for a defender to tug at a receivers jersey? Happens all the time and often isn't seen by the officials though we can see it on replay during the game.

Where exactly is the line of tolerance of breaking of the rules? Please tell us all.

It's sport shits always going to happen on the field and we've accepted the fact that calls will be missed...some are completely unintentional. But when coaches and management scheme for ways to win it illegally off the field that's crossing the line in my books...as well as many due to the uproar here. You may be the only tool out there that thinks differently...to each their own I guess but I don't respect you one iota.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it boils down to at this point is we don't have all the information yet. There are still a lot of factors we haven't been told yet.:nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sport shits always going to happen on the field and we've accepted the fact that calls will be missed...some are completely unintentional. But when coaches and management scheme for ways to win it illegally off the field that's crossing the line in my books...as well as many due to the uproar here. You may be the only tool out there that thinks differently...to each their own I guess but I don't respect you one iota.

So you're OK with in game cheating. :pound:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we know at this point is there is a leaked story that 11 of the 12 balls were below league minimum pressure. Nothing more, nothing less.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you prepped to accept the punishing of all Phins players for breaking rules during the game that weren't caught by the ref but spotted after the game while reviewing the film? I mean according to you it effects the integrity of the game.:pound:

If it was something big like this yes absolutely but be realistic no one's going after jersey tugs. You need to learn how to compare apples to apples....and play a game fair and square.