• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Replacing Coach Belichick

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed after a couple of wins the lynch mob has been quite on Fat Mat and Co.

I think he's going to be OK. He was a decent DC. And to be good as a DC you definitely need to understand offenses and what they are trying to do.
He may be but for now "To the moon" with him

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed after a couple of wins the lynch mob has been quite on Fat Mat and Co.

I think he's going to be OK. He was a decent DC. And to be good as a DC you definitely need to understand offenses and what they are trying to do.

I actually hated him as a DC. I felt the year after he left and Flores took over the defense was way more aggressive.

But I do feel like he might have the brain for offense. He's obviously smart otherwise BB wouldn't think so highly of him. And you are correct that to be a DC you gotta know offense.

I believe he's going to be a very good OC in due time. Sooner than later.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hated him as a DC. I felt the year after he left and Flores took over the defense was way more aggressive.

But I do feel like he might have the brain for offense. He's obviously smart otherwise BB wouldn't think so highly of him. And you are correct that to be a DC you gotta know offense.

I believe he's going to be a very good OC in due time. Sooner than later.
I hope the Raiders fire Josh we bring him back, and make Matty P the official team Ravioli TASTER

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb here but:

Matty will end up being a better OC than Josh.
This isn't a statement to contradict yours, but instead initiating a new discussion: Exactly what went wrong for him in Detroit? Was he too much "I'm the smart one", or too much "my way or the highway", or did he just suck at being the top executive?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a statement to contradict yours, but instead initiating a new discussion: Exactly what went wrong for him in Detroit? Was he too much "I'm the smart one", or too much "my way or the highway", or did he just suck at being the top executive?

My opinion is it's a combination of everything you just said. There's only one BB and these guys I think try to be him. There was talk out of Detroit that he was a dick to the players. He hadn't earned that in my opinion. Same as Josh in Denver and same as Joe Judge in NY. Earn that shit before you start acting like the GOAT.

But back to Matty. I think he's great under BB's leadership but he never really was all that good of a DC and he got hired on his defensive "prowess". He'll likely never be a solid HC though I do think Josh is going to figure it out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reviewing football during my time, I find that bad organizations generally are a bad landing place for a coach.
It can turn around but often it doesn't.

Think about working for Kraft and the Patriots and then going to detroit.......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is an interesting experiment. Never doubt Belichick and innovative ways of pushing the envelope.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... it's probably safe to say that Belichick will still be coaching the Patriots until he gets the all-time win record. Probably 2 more years. Do you think he will drop Patricia or Judge before he leaves? I certainly do not think he will. So... I'm thinking we are stuck with them running the offense until Belichick leaves. Could be a long few years.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... it's probably safe to say that Belichick will still be coaching the Patriots until he gets the all-time win record. Probably 2 more years. Do you think he will drop Patricia or Judge before he leaves? I certainly do not think he will. So... I'm thinking we are stuck with them running the offense until Belichick leaves. Could be a long few years.

I also believe BB will stick with his guys but I also believe he'll be proven right as both guys will end up being good at their positions in the long run.

You'll see next year when Lamar Jackson is our QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe BB will stick with his guys but I also believe he'll be proven right as both guys will end up being good at their positions in the long run.

You'll see next year when Lamar Jackson is our QB.
I am not sure if I should laugh or cry at this moment.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh gets fired and comes back for a 3rd time.

The rocket scientist is given a lifetime supply of pencils and the title of Sr. Reseach Analyst (basically the new Ernie).
The judge is still out on what Judge will do? No way anyone is getting a DC job or any kind of control over Stevie Methhead.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are flush with cash next season and already have a solid defense under contract. A huge signing at QB is in the cards.
I'd rather see them sure up the Oline. I think Mac is gun shy right now and worse case I believe Zappe can win some games.

NE will also unload some dead weight like Agoholor and likely one of the TEs. I believe J. Smith's contract is up? Replace him with an inexpensive FB.

I think Harris leaves as I don't think BB will pay him what he can get elsewhere. So need to find a serviceable back up for Stevenson.

Also need a LB.

OK so that was my christmas list.

NE is in a decent place. They got cash and picks. Lots of options. Should be a fun off season.

Though I still don't like this lack of coordinators.

I wonder if it has anything to do with NE getting ra%ed for coaches year in and year out? Don't teams wanting to snatch coaches have to offer a higher position to that coach? Where does that put Mattie P and Judge?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it has anything to do with NE getting ra%ed for coaches year in and year out? Don't teams wanting to snatch coaches have to offer a higher position to that coach? Where does that put Mattie P and Judge?
raid them, please... Take Steve Dirt too...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see them sure up the Oline. I think Mac is gun shy right now and worse case I believe Zappe can win some games.

NE will also unload some dead weight like Agoholor and likely one of the TEs. I believe J. Smith's contract is up? Replace him with an inexpensive FB.

I think Harris leaves as I don't think BB will pay him what he can get elsewhere. So need to find a serviceable back up for Stevenson.

Also need a LB.

NE is in a decent place. They got cash and picks. Lots of options. Should be a fun off season.

Jonnu Smith is quietly having a great year - just like his last year - which was terrible!
Agholor has also been quietly having an almost identical year to last year - and we were ready to jettison him then!
Damien Harris is an average RB and stats are declining. Blocking? Any offer over $3 million and he's yours!
JJ Taylor is a waste of ink. We have 2 red-shirt RB's in waiting.
If Hoyer is Mac's mentor, he is not mentoring very well.
Parker is a big-bodied redzone threat. He has 1 TD so far!
ty Montgomery has -2 yards for us. Only reason he did not get cut is because he was hurt in 1st game - save us $2 million!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also need a LB.

Shoring up the O line would be a sure thing....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe BB has done some things that we don’t like or agree with, but I can’t think of a coach who could do things better than him. He still is better than the bunch. In Bill we trust.