• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Replacing Coach Belichick

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... if @BigKen where to get his wish and Kraft were to let Bill go, who are legit replacements that we might have a chance to acquire? For the record.. I'm behind Bill come what may.

Would we want Gruden? Are their any assistant coaches worth a look? A college coach?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... if @BigKen where to get his wish and Kraft were to let Bill go, who are legit replacements that we might have a chance to acquire? For the record.. I'm behind Bill come what may.

Would we want Gruden? Are their any assistant coaches worth a look? A college coach?

I'd be ok with Gruden though I think Kraft would hire somebody already on the staff, unfortunately, like Matt or Joe. Then in three years we'd be looking for a new coach.

I'm also behind Bill come what may. Pretty hard to rebuild your roster and your entire coaching staff and lose the GOAT all at the same time and come out a winner yet the only losing season in a LONG time had Cam QB-ing us into mediocrity.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve B all the way!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't know.

I was OK with Skippy.

And yes, I like Bill.

Urban Meyer?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with Ken, time for BB to go. Guy has won 1 playoff game in 9 seasons as a HC w/o Brady under center, who would consider that a good coach never mind great coach. Bring back Pioli as GM and either Scarnecchia or Adams as HC if healthy enough and not tool old or I would be content with Rex Ryan here. Guy took the stinking Jets to 2 AFCG and his pressers are fun, not boring lame BB

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am with BB Sean Payton?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Ken, time for BB to go. Guy has won 1 playoff game in 9 seasons as a HC w/o Brady under center, who would consider that a good coach never mind great coach. Bring back Pioli as GM and either Scarnecchia or Adams as HC if healthy enough and not tool old or I would be content with Rex Ryan here. Guy took the stinking Jets to 2 AFCG and his pressers are fun, not boring lame BB

The Bucs went 7 and 9 the year before Brady and 5 and 11 the year before that. For the most part a great QB is necessary for consistent success.

Where would the Chiefs be right now with say Cooper Rush at QB?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs went 7 and 9 the year before Brady and 5 and 11 the year before that. For the most part a great QB is necessary for consistent success.

we will find out with dallas the next few weeks
i for 1 hope BB stays as long as he wants
btw wasnt this being said last year after the 1st game too:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely a great QB is needed and esp one who brings so much leadership to the table at TB did, getting everyone up and being a whipping BB for Belichick. When seasoned guys like say a Revis, Moss etc came here and saw that Tom put up with Bill's demoralizing way ( hell I could get a kid from Brocton HS to throw better than you ) like 5 SB's later, they realized they had to put up with his BS. Now Andy Reid has had success with McNabb, Smith or any QB he has had so yes I think he would have success with Rush but needed Mahomes to get them to the SB . I mean 1 playoff win in 9 years as a HC, I don't drink his Kool-Aid and havent for many years like some Pts fans here like the stupid " In Bill We Trust" malarchy. BB has to be the highest paid member of the Patriots and olny loyalty is to himself only and his 8 Rings boat. Maybe its starting to rain and some on you are waking up from the Poppy Field and will see the small man behind the curtain. and not the Genius of Foxboro, that was Adams and Dante was big here too. Patricia, Judge should have never been brought back and his sons oh well he is owner/gm,HC,DC calls some off the offensive plays for that whopping 7 points. Thank goodness for the Jets, only team we can beat in the mighty AFCE now

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did they do when Brady was suspended for four games? How did they do the season that Brady was injured for every game except the first one?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they do when Brady was suspended for four games? How did they do the season that Brady was injured for every game except the first one?

That's a really fantastic question and I'm glad you asked.

11 - 5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel at the helm. By mid-season that team looked absolutely fantastic and if not for a few losses early in the season, could've potentially gone deep into the playoff's. Unfortunately, both Miami and New York also went 11 - 5 and NE was the odd man out of the playoff's.

3 -1 in 2016. The one loss was against the Bills where Jacoby Brisset played QB with a broken thumb on his throwing hand because Jimmy "Glass" Garoppolo couldn't/wouldn't play.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy:

rex-ryan-new-york-jets.gif

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really fantastic question and I'm glad you asked.

11 - 5 in 2008 with Matt Cassel at the helm. By mid-season that team looked absolutely fantastic and if not for a few losses early in the season, could've potentially gone deep into the playoff's. Unfortunately, both Miami and New York also went 11 - 5 and NE was the odd man out of the playoff's.

3 -1 in 2016. The one loss was against the Bills where Jacoby Brisset played QB with a broken thumb on his throwing hand because Jimmy "Glass" Garoppolo couldn't/wouldn't play.
So, he went 14-6 in games when Brady was unavailable. Then he went 7-9 with a trio of Netwon, Stidham and Hoyer at QB. And followed that by going 10-7 with a rookie QB. Yeah, I think you Pat fans are judging BB too harshly. If BB has had the Seahawks during the Legion of Boom, Marshawn Lynch, and Wilson in his prime, the Seahawks would have won four Superbowls.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Matt Patricia is already on the payroll. And he's a genius. Just ask him. Carries a pencil and everything. Plus just hear me out here.... Gatorade Fort. That's not something a non genius comes up with.