• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Replacing Coach Belichick

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he went 14-6 in games when Brady was unavailable. Then he went 7-9 with a trio of Netwon, Stidham and Hoyer at QB. And followed that by going 10-7 with a rookie QB. Yeah, I think you Pat fans are judging BB too harshly. If BB has had the Seahawks during the Legion of Boom, Marshawn Lynch, and Wilson in his prime, the Seahawks would have won four Superbowls.

You're not going to get any argument from me. The main thing in my mind, as big as Brady leaving, is the fact that the coaching staff gets pillaged year after year. When the Pats won the SB's in the early 2000's they had Romeo and Charlie. When they were winning SB's ten years later they had Josh and Matty P. Throw in Scarnecchia, Fears, Flores, Pees, Ernie Adams, and a whole bunch of others that are all now gone and it's pretty easy to see the struggle in keeping consistency in the coaching. We also lost Scott Pioli and Nick Cesario among many others.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure a massage therapist could give this team a hand. They'd at least get this team and keep them excited!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every massage therapist in NE Ohio has taken a restraining order out against that scumbag DW.

College Football Flex GIF by Clemson Tigers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned in other thread… BB has ability to rebuild on the run. 20+ years of fielding the necessary players to win.
Correct, he is never really out of it. I was and to a degree still question if today's NFL offenses are something he is adept at building. I don't worry so much about adjusting his defense. And perhaps, most likely, his ability to adjust and build a competitive defense helps build the new offense?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned in other thread… BB has ability to rebuild on the run. 20+ years of fielding the necessary players to win.

And next year he has a metric ton of cap space. Assuming we get our QB situation figured out this season combined with some really strong draft picks and a bunch of cap space, the future is looking A OK.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, he is never really out of it. I was and to a degree still question if today's NFL offenses are something he is adept at building. I don't worry so much about adjusting his defense. And perhaps, most likely, his ability to adjust and build a competitive defense helps build the new offense?
I'm very happy having the GOAT coach.
I am hoping we find a good OC for next year - hopefully not from college......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy having the GOAT coach.
I am hoping we find a good OC for next year - hopefully not from college......
I do feel lack of a legit OC is part of the problem. That's not rocket science

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed after a couple of wins the lynch mob has been quite on Fat Mat and Co.

I think he's going to be OK. He was a decent DC. And to be good as a DC you definitely need to understand offenses and what they are trying to do.