• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when MJ wasn't 100%?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Look at the clip when he played against the thunder in the regular season. compared to game 2. He just isn't as explosive

Elite, quick defenders have caught on and it helps when his shot is falling, it is easier to drive...when it isn't falling, well it is much harder. Also OKC's big men are doing a good job protecting the paint all series. I think it has more to do with the defense and maybe they are in his head but his pace is right up there where it was in the regular season. If the knee was bothering him as much as think he would be wincing also, I haven't seen anything out of him honestly.

Curry's knee slowing him? Numbers say no

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan once played with the Flu, which is hardly the same thing as being injured...once he got some IV fluids and the adrenaline kicked in, he was fine.

Actually, there is a conspiracy theory out there that Jordan did not actually have the flu that game. Instead, he was extremely hung over after an all night card game stretched into the morning.

Not sure if true or not, but certainly believable given MJ's gambling/late night habits.

The difference is that beloved athletes were protected from the media in Jordan's era. Now they get utterly exposed for even the tiniest misstep.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just making this up? Lol. He's not moving off the ball like he was. And he's nowhere near as explosive like he was against the thunderin the regular seasonn
It's because of the Thunder defense.
Even I at first, was not used to what Curry's been showing so far. He was a different beast in the regular season. But the fact is, Thunder knows how to contain him and make him look like a kid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because of the Thunder defense.
Even I at first, was not used to what Curry's been showing so far. He was a different beast in the regular season. But the fact is, Thunder knows how to contain him and make him look like a kid.

Thunder D had been fantastic, but Curry is nowhere near 100%. When healthy, he is the most fluid and graceful player I have ever seen when driving. Now he looks clumsy and slow. He is 2-3 steps slower than normal and therefor not able to separate when defenses pressure him. It is clearly affecting his game and the Warriors entire offense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder D had been fantastic, but Curry is nowhere near 100%. When healthy, he is the most fluid and graceful player I have ever seen when driving. Now he looks clumsy and slow. He is 2-3 steps slower than normal and therefor not able to separate when defenses pressure him. It is clearly affecting his game and the Warriors entire offense.

Disagree. Curry looked fine when he returned from the injury against Portland. Curry's problem isn't his knee. It's Russell Westbrook being bigger, stronger, just as quick and faster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Curry looked fine when he returned from the injury against Portland. Curry's problem isn't his knee. It's Russell Westbrook being bigger, stronger, just as quick and faster.

He is not moving fluidly. It is plain as day.

Yes, Westbrook is the far better athlete, but Curry can't even separate from Steven Adams coming off ball screens. He is not close to 100%, regardless of what he says publicaly.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there is a conspiracy theory out there that Jordan did not actually have the flu that game. Instead, he was extremely hung over after an all night card game stretched into the morning.

Not sure if true or not, but certainly believable given MJ's gambling/late night habits.

The difference is that beloved athletes were protected from the media in Jordan's era. Now they get utterly exposed for even the tiniest misstep.

You know its true. With the flu, you're throwing up and shitting yourself. Jordan looked like someone that was really dehydrated, which is pretty much what a hangover is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Westbrook is the far better athlete, but Curry can't even separate from Steven Adams coming off ball screens. He is not close to 100%, regardless of what he says publicaly.

He blew right past Steven Adams at the end of the game for a layup last night.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, there is also a theory that he was poisoned.
Michael Jordan was poisoned before flu game, says trainer

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to tell the OP dumb ass.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to tell the OP dumb ass.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess Curry is back to 100% even though some were trying to make excuses for him lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been 100%, people just wanted to make excuses for him but now they don't have to. I'm sure if he has a bad game in the Finals they will revert right back to this excuse.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was clearly not at 100%. He probably still isn't 100%, but he can still play at elite levels.

That injury did make a difference in the WCFinals.
It is stupid to think otherwise. He is the best player in the league coming off missing 2 weeks.

It was not just some little thing you can play through with some pain.
You don't miss a bunch of playoff games if it is a little thing. It was a major injury that sidelined him.

Nobody just magically comes back and is immediately 100% and in game shape.
He wont be fully healthy until the summer. He just cannot afford to rehab at this point in time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been 100%, people just wanted to make excuses for him but now they don't have to. I'm sure if he has a bad game in the Finals they will revert right back to this excuse.

Crazy talk. He looks close to 100% now. He did not in games 1-5. curry did not even really attempt to get to the rim until game 6. That is a huge part of his game when defenders crowd him.

Woj, the most trusted NBA reporter out there said Curry was 70% after game 4 and anybody watching objectively could see that. Whether because of the injury, the rust, the lack of confidence in the knee or all the above, he wasn't right. Clearly though, you guys know better than Woj. This isn't an excuse, it is fact.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP spoke too soon. I think he saw why Steph was the unanimous MVP. Don't talk shit until you win the series.

he's pretty notorious for foot in mouth disease...or I suppose its keyboard in mouth disease on message boards.