• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule and Subsequent Draft Position

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tie breaker is strength of schedule - overall season schedule. The weaker schedule wins the tie breaker.

It isn't related to 'head to head', Division, nor Conference records.
yes but if they end with the same strength of record which is likely how it would have to play out for the 49ers to get the pick it goes to conference and divisional records when applicable then a coin toss.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Arizona has to win for the 49ers to get the top pick but crazy things can happen and Seattle aren't that good the 49ers did beat them after all.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Arizona has to win for the 49ers to get the top pick but crazy things can happen and Seattle aren't that good the 49ers did beat them after all.

Yes, but the 49ers won in Santa Clara. I think the Seahawks are much tougher in Seattle. Sure Arizona has a chance but unless Seattle has nothing to play for and packs it in, I don't see that happening. I expect Rosen and that really bad oline will struggle up there.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the 49ers won in Santa Clara. I think the Seahawks are much tougher in Seattle. Sure Arizona has a chance but unless Seattle has nothing to play for and packs it in, I don't see that happening. I expect Rosen and that really bad oline will struggle up there.

Seattle are going for the win. If Sea. loses and Minn. wins, Sea has to go to Chicago....which is not good for the 'Hawks. Sea. wins? I believe they're on their way to Dallas....which is probably a much better matchup for them. Yeah, I know....divisional game/anything can happen....

It would be an absolute miracle if Ariz somehow went into Seattle and came out with a win. Not counting on it at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle are going for the win. If Sea. loses and Minn. wins, Sea has to go to Chicago....which is not good for the 'Hawks. Sea. wins? I believe they're on their way to Dallas....which is probably a much better matchup for them. Yeah, I know....divisional game/anything can happen....

It would be an absolute miracle if Ariz somehow went into Seattle and came out with a win. Not counting on it at all.

Yes, none of us are counting on Arizona beating Seattle.

So if we lose again we're picking #2; if we win we end up 5th at worse case.

The season is still in play meaning for me, i want to win. More so i want to win because it is the Rams. Most find it "meaningless" and thats fine, but i like winning. I hope Kittle gets a ton of yards, and Buckner gets more sacks.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, none of us are counting on Arizona beating Seattle.

So if we lose again we're picking #2; if we win we end up 5th at worse case.

The season is still in play meaning for me, i want to win. More so i want to win because it is the Rams. Most find it "meaningless" and thats fine, but i like winning. I hope Kittle gets a ton of yards, and Buckner gets more sacks.

Again...you have to consider the 4 games I posted that will still determine the final SOS. Both SF and the Jets can lose, and there is a scenario where SF falls to 3rd in the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...back-justin-herbert-enter-draft-which-impact/

Dang! We get a top 5 pick in a very weak QB class.

Not saying we would've traded down for sure, but would've been nice to have that option. We've already seen "bonanza" trade ups for QB's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again...you have to consider the 4 games I posted that will still determine the final SOS. Both SF and the Jets can lose, and there is a scenario where SF falls to 3rd in the draft.

yes, it is described in the article i just posted.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.************.com/articl...back-justin-herbert-enter-draft-which-impact/

Dang! We get a top 5 pick in a very weak QB class.

Not saying we would've traded down for sure, but would've been nice to have that option. We've already seen "bonanza" trade ups for QB's.

This can actually be a good thing for SF. QB's move the needle in the draft, and now it seems that Haskins kid is the one true guy - received first round grade. For arguments sake, lets say Ariz/SF/Jets/Oak go 1/2/3/4 in the draft. The first three have their QB's and perhaps Oak is the first that will be content with theirs. The Cards are sitting pretty because they need help for their QB....a LOT of help.

There will be teams moving up to get their QB....that is almost a given. The Giants, Jags, Dolphins and Broncos need somebody, and soon. The Bucs and Redskins may now be in business given the uncertainty of Winston and Smith. Now that Herbert is going to return to school, those QB-needy teams might become even more desperate. The potential of a major haul is there. If the Cards stand pat and take a guy, (even if it is Bosa) SF will then control the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This can actually be a good thing for SF. QB's move the needle in the draft, and now it seems that Haskins kid is the one true guy - received first round grade. For arguments sake, lets say Ariz/SF/Jets/Oak go 1/2/3/4 in the draft. The first three have their QB's and perhaps Oak is the first that will be content with theirs. The Cards are sitting pretty because they need help for their QB....a LOT of help.

There will be teams moving up to get their QB....that is almost a given. The Giants, Jags, Dolphins and Broncos need somebody, and soon. The Bucs and Redskins may now be in business given the uncertainty of Winston and Smith. Now that Herbert is going to return to school, those QB-needy teams might become even more desperate. The potential of a major haul is there. If the Cards stand pat and take a guy, (even if it is Bosa) SF will then control the draft.

This would make sense if these QB prospects were GOOD prospects? But this article and a few more i read, indicate there are no good prospects. So even if you want a QB, you're not going to trade up into the top 5 for just an "average" prospect.

Apparently, Hebert was the best prospect and even he wasn't highly regarded.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would make sense if these QB prospects were GOOD prospects? But this article and a few more i read, indicate there are no good prospects. So even if you want a QB, you're not going to trade up into the top 5 for just an "average" prospect.

Apparently, Hebert was the best prospect and even he wasn't highly regarded.

Most felt Hebert should return to school, and Haskins has a first round grade. At this point a couple of years ago, Carson Wentz was considered a high 2nd/low 1st round grade, and look what happened. Philly moved all the way to? Where SF currently sits.

#2.

Let it play out....a looong ways to go till the draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most felt Hebert should return to school, and Haskins has a first round grade. At this point a couple of years ago, Carson Wentz was considered a high 2nd/low 1st round grade, and look what happened. Philly moved all the way to? Where SF currently sits.

#2.

Let it play out....a looong ways to go till the draft.

Goff wasn't considered by the experts a No. 1 pick either. None of the QBs in that draft class were considered top 5 picks

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff wasn't considered by the experts a No. 1 pick either. None of the QBs in that draft class were considered top 5 picks

I couldn't remember Goff's worth, but I did with Wentz. Just further proves that QB needy teams can move right to the top, and some may be more desperate than others.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't remember Goff's worth, but I did with Wentz. Just further proves that QB needy teams can move right to the top, and some may be more desperate than others.

I remember reading all the predraft material. And what I remember are the experts saying this a group of unpolished QBs that had high side but weren't sure things like Luck or Manning. The various projections had Goff going late 1st. None had him top 5

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 does not gt us the dominant edge rusher we need though.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 does not gt us the dominant edge rusher we need though.

It doesn't get Bosa but it can still get a dominant edge rusher it isn't just Bosa in this draft class.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't get Bosa but it can still get a dominant edge rusher it isn't just Bosa in this draft class.
I doubt that anyone from this class will come in and be effective right away against professional competition. There's a reason why these edge rushers are at a premium; its because there are very few of them with enough skill to do it at the professional level when they've always been able to get by being a better, stronger athlete in college.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no guarantee that the Cards take Bosa. In fact, it's more likely they go another position or trade out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's no guarantee that the Cards take Bosa. In fact, it's more likely they go another position or trade out.

This is true, no guarantee who Arizona picks IF they retain this pick. They might go OT for all we know, so Rosen has a better chance to suceed.

This "no guarantee" includes the potential for them to trade down and someone else takes Bosa.

Anyway, not worrying about it cause i want to beat the Rams. :-)