• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule and Subsequent Draft Position

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the remaining six games on the schedule it looks like the 49ers will lose them all which should give them at worst the second pick in the draft. Perhaps they can pick up an edge rusher who can actually get to the quarterback.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking at the remaining six games on the schedule it looks like the 49ers will lose them all which should give them at worst the second pick in the draft. Perhaps they can pick up an edge rusher who can actually get to the quarterback.

Because "chit happens" in the NFL, don't think they'll lose all the remaining games? Which one they win we can't say, but at least one more win. Yeah i know....whoopdy doo.

For me, play to win always, i like winning and its good for players, coaches, and everyone else in the organization.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because "chit happens" in the NFL, don't think they'll lose all the remaining games? Which one they win we can't say, but at least one more win. Yeah i know....whoopdy doo.

For me, play to win always, i like winning and its good for players, coaches, and everyone else in the organization.
Me too. Just looking at the schedule though, I don't see them winning any. All the teams they play are better than the Niners and the Niner D can't stop anyone on the last drive of the game even when they do get ahead.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is great and all....but the season based on win/loss record is gone. I'm sure the organization wants more, but it is what it is. All that I personally have interest in, is watching players to see who may be a part of the future and ones that should be disposed of.....and hoping SF can get the most control of the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Me too. Just looking at the schedule though, I don't see them winning any. All the teams they play are better than the Niners and the Niner D can't stop anyone on the last drive of the game even when they do get ahead.

No doubt this 49er team won't look good on paper, against any team. But this is why gamblers lose overall, chit happens. Same for the Raiders, Cardinals, Giants, and Buffalo, don't think they'll all lose 6 remaining games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winning is great and all....but the season based on win/loss record is gone. I'm sure the organization wants more, but it is what it is. All that I personally have interest in, is watching players to see who may be a part of the future and ones that should be disposed of.....and hoping SF can get the most control of the draft.

Yes, players still have to play because it is their careers. Even if they're on the 'cut line', they want to impress other teams enough to try them out.

We want all these players to improve within the scheme, there shouldn't be miscommunication errors by now. There should be less penalties such as illegal man downfield, false start, or illegal contact.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only games they have a shot at winning are Tampa Bay and Denver. So at best they finish 4-12 more likely 2-14 or 3-13. Regardless they should be able to get a pass rusher in this draft.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt this 49er team won't look good on paper, against any team. But this is why gamblers lose overall, chit happens. Same for the Raiders, Cardinals, Giants, and Buffalo, don't think they'll all lose 6 remaining games.
Yep. You never know but with the 49ers' penchant for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory I'm betting they don't win one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, players still have to play because it is their careers. Even if they're on the 'cut line', they want to impress other teams enough to try them out.

We want all these players to improve within the scheme, there shouldn't be miscommunication errors by now. There should be less penalties such as illegal man downfield, false start, or illegal contact.
I wonder if there is one, at least defensively. The DBs look completely lost out there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only games they have a shot at winning are Tampa Bay and Denver. So at best they finish 4-12 more likely 2-14 or 3-13. Regardless they should be able to get a pass rusher in this draft.
I have to think the three games on the road they'll lose so that gives us only Denver at home where they have a chance to win unless the Rams are sitting everyone again in week 17. There are a few players I'm interested to watch anyway, Breida, Mullens, Watson and Kittle.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if there is one, at least defensively. The DBs look completely lost out there.

haaa, yeah just read there is STILL miscommunication in the defense, and it shouldn't happen this far in the season. Less talent is one thing, but miscommunication shouldn't be there. This is surprising cause isn't this a suppossed 'simple' scheme to begin with?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaa, yeah just read there is STILL miscommunication in the defense, and it shouldn't happen this far in the season. Less talent is one thing, but miscommunication shouldn't be there. This is surprising cause isn't this a suppossed 'simple' scheme to begin with?
Agreed. Its inexplicable.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do you start looking at the defensive staff with some of these issues? Is it just the players themselves or are there some coaching issues that need to be addressed?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do you start looking at the defensive staff with some of these issues? Is it just the players themselves or are there some coaching issues that need to be addressed?
I think its both. The DBs are never prepared or in the right place, the pass rush is ineffective and the blitz packages are so pedestrian that they never even pressure the QB. But the thing that stands out to me the most is the inability of the entire defense to make a play.
Can you believe they have only two INTs for the entire season and have only recovered 3 fumbles? That is unheard of through 10 games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Maybe....maybe....the number of injuries are still causing some of this miscommunication? Not sure how much shuffling is still going on, but it might be a factor?

But even so, the back-up players have gone far into the season too. It might be a factor but shouldn't be a large factor. If miscommunication continues, then for sure the defensive coaches are to blame.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
During practice separate the levels of defense and then bring them together for 11 on 11. Communication will improve and problems also!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its both. The DBs are never prepared or in the right place, the pass rush is ineffective and the blitz packages are so pedestrian that they never even pressure the QB. But the thing that stands out to me the most is the inability of the entire defense to make a play.
Can you believe they have only two INTs for the entire season and have only recovered 3 fumbles? That is unheard of through 10 games.

The offense did enough to win last week but the defense let them down again. At least there is some improvement on offense. The running game has really developed. The oline has come together. The defense has regressed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe....maybe....the number of injuries are still causing some of this miscommunication? Not sure how much shuffling is still going on, but it might be a factor?

But even so, the back-up players have gone far into the season too. It might be a factor but shouldn't be a large factor. If miscommunication continues, then for sure the defensive coaches are to blame.

Injuries have definately made things worse over the course of the season when you are bringing in Practice Squad and preseason waived players to start but some of these issues were there even at the start of the season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense did enough to win last week but the defense let them down again. At least there is some improvement on offense. The running game has really developed. The oline has come together. The defense has regressed.
Yes but they still settle for Field goals too often; especially when it really counts. The running game has been a pleasant surprise with Breida and Mostert and the O Line has blocked well in protecting Mullens as well.