• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule and Subsequent Draft Position

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it too. Pass. He is past 30. This isn't fantasy football. The team's biggest needs are on defense and that is where they should focus on free agency. I certainly would not want to use draft picks to acquire a player like this.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ferrell is one of the names associated with the 49ers at No. 2 overall. Contrary to another can’t-miss prospect like Kentucky’s Josh Allen, who has burst on the national scene amid one dominant season, Ferrell has been very good throughout the past three years. He has 27 sacks and 49 tackles for loss over that span. His production has steadily improved, with his best year coming his senior season: 11.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for a loss.

The big-bodied Ferrell may not be as explosive off the line as Allen or Ohio State’s Nick Bosa, considered this draft’s consensus top prospect, but the Clemson product is a well-balanced pass rusher who consistently gets to the quarterback. He has formed the most lethal 1-2 punch in the country with run-stopping defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence, also a projected top-10 pick.

For me the part in bold is a BIG plus, cause then 3 years isn't a 'fluke'. But as everyone knows, Clemson also had a good D-line for the last 3 years.

Ok, thats why we have a scouting STAFF, to watch film and weed thru all these factors.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on Ferrell. Nowhere near the athleticism and arm action that SF needs.

Bosa. QW/trade down...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jennings, at 6-foot-3, 266 pounds, is an edge option with impressive strength and closing speed. He didn’t have a great season, however, posting 5.5 sacks and 9.5 tackles for loss. Production-wise, he was the fourth-best Alabama defensive lineman.

This one is about fit. Jennings could play the LEO, or weakside edge rush, spot in San Francisco’s 4-3 defense. Once a borderline first-rounder, it’s likely Jennings falls a bit on draft day due to his middling production. Yet that could change with a big performance Monday.

The above is Alabama's Anfernee Jennings. I'm not for passing up a top ER at #2, but IF for whatever we don't get it then, this is the type of prospect we draft next. Don't think we should trade up into for late 1st, so stay put for our 2nd rounder. We can also add Jaylon Ferguson to this list.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryant is the lesser-known Clemson defensive end behind Ferrell. On a line comprised of soon-to-be NFL players, Bryant does not stand out much, though he posted consecutive seasons of 8.5 sacks and 14-plus tackles for loss. In a way, his lack of freakish physical ability is exposed because of the talent surrounding him.

Bryant, at 6-foot-6, 280 pounds, is another big-bodied prospect who rarely misses tackles. He projects as a mid-round selection, potentially going as early as the second round. He could play SAM linebacker and move to the edge on nickel downs with the 49ers.

This is Clemson's Austin Bryant. Hey now, i like the idea of drafting a SAM, i wonder if he has some pass rush skills?

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought J. Williams looked very good.
Except the one play where he got bullrushed and planted on his ass
Q. Williams made a few great plays but, looked to have run out of gas prior to halftime
Perhaps not playing a game in so long persented conditioning issues.
I'm sure Bama's D wasn't used to getting starnded like that either

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers secondary coach headed to Ohio State
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 7, 2019, 2:52 PM EST
gettyimages-627379122-e1529037377888.jpg

Getty Images

The Buckeyes lost their quarterback to the NFL Monday, but they evened the score by getting their co-defensive coordinator.

According to Pete Thamel of Yahoo.com, 49ers defensive backs coach Jeff Hafley is heading back to school, to partially replace Greg Schiano in charge of the Ohio State defense.

Hafley joined the 49ers staff in 2016 under Chip Kelly, when Buckeyes head coach Ryan Day was quarterbacks coach. Hafley hung around to work for Kyle Shanahan.

Moments ago, Buckeyes quarterback Dwayne Haskins declared for the draft, and while Hafley might be a great coach, it’s hard to balance that ledger.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers fire their strength and conditioning coach
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 4, 2019, 12:25 PM EST

It’s hard to blame the strength coach for a torn ACL, but the 49ers have made a change. According to Jennifer Lee Chan of NBC Sports Bay Area, the 49ers have fired head strength and conditioning coach Ray Wright, and plan to restructure the department. The 49ers placed 17 players on injured reserve this year and 24 [more]

Share this:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferrell is one of the names associated with the 49ers at No. 2 overall. Contrary to another can’t-miss prospect like Kentucky’s Josh Allen, who has burst on the national scene amid one dominant season, Ferrell has been very good throughout the past three years. He has 27 sacks and 49 tackles for loss over that span. His production has steadily improved, with his best year coming his senior season: 11.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for a loss.

The big-bodied Ferrell may not be as explosive off the line as Allen or Ohio State’s Nick Bosa, considered this draft’s consensus top prospect, but the Clemson product is a well-balanced pass rusher who consistently gets to the quarterback. He has formed the most lethal 1-2 punch in the country with run-stopping defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence, also a projected top-10 pick.

For me the part in bold is a BIG plus, cause then 3 years isn't a 'fluke'. But as everyone knows, Clemson also had a good D-line for the last 3 years.

Ok, thats why we have a scouting STAFF, to watch film and weed thru all these factors.
The one "fluke" season is what worries me about Allen as well. As for Bosa, he can't stay healthy.