• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule and Subsequent Draft Position

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trade down 2 or 3 spots get our pressure guy for the D and then pick a wr with the other pick..

We all want extra picks but remember Oakland wants an ER too. If...IF....a player fits our LEO at #2, i'd just take him and not look back.

If there isn't anyone worth #2, i'm sure Lynch will look to trade back. He has already shown he'll move up or down in the draft.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about "simply play nose"? I can see him at the nose for obvious passing downs, ie interior pass rusher, but not "simply". I'd think Q would be moved around between all 3 spots? Then you really have a good rotation going.

BTW for 'base' D, I really like DJ Jones at NT.

He is pretty near perfect for the current scheme...a 'smaller' guy who can thrash the 'A' gap. Looks to be a dominant player to me.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge rusher should be looked at as a priority but the secondary is a huge problem. How many times have we seen DBs looking at each other in confusion as a receiver catches a wide open pass? How many times have we seen a guy like Fred Warner ending up covering the fastest guy on the team and getting burned badly?
Could it be scheme? Yes, I suppose, but more likely its players who just don't know how to play. Its not an accident that this team only had two INTs all season. They are never near the ball.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge rusher should be looked at as a priority but the secondary is a huge problem. How many times have we seen DBs looking at each other in confusion as a receiver catches a wide open pass? How many times have we seen a guy like Fred Warner ending up covering the fastest guy on the team and getting burned badly?
Could it be scheme? Yes, I suppose, but more likely its players who just don't know how to play. Its not an accident that this team only had two INTs all season. They are never near the ball.

It's more lack of talent in the backfield more than scheme. It's also a lack of a pass rush. I don't have too much of an issue with Saleh returning as DC.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more lack of talent in the backfield more than scheme. It's also a lack of a pass rush. I don't have too much of an issue with Saleh returning as DC.
Agreed. He's shown that if he has the players, he can do the job. Agree about the talent level. Seems that our guys just don't understand their roles in the scheme or are too easily confused.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He's shown that if he has the players, he can do the job. Agree about the talent level. Seems that our guys just don't understand their roles in the scheme or are too easily confused.

Having a legit pass rush would help. After Buckner....who is the best pass rusher? Does it even matter who it is, because it never really shows up. Giving DeFo just one other guy who can impact with the pass rush will solve a lot of problems.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that the DB talent is up to par but they had a fair number of injuries especially in the back half and that forced young inexperienced players into the line up and if you add in no pass rush (the biggest issue) it makes the secondary look even worse. If I'm being honest I would be ok with taking two pass rushers in the first 2 rounds if that is where the value was.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not saying that the DB talent is up to par but they had a fair number of injuries especially in the back half and that forced young inexperienced players into the line up and if you add in no pass rush (the biggest issue) it makes the secondary look even worse. If I'm being honest I would be ok with taking two pass rushers in the first 2 rounds if that is where the value was.

Ok the key is value so if that is how value fell, fine with me. But both have to projected as every down LEOs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the key is value so if that is how value fell, fine with me. But both have to projected as every down LEOs.

One could be a linebacker with pass rush skills as well

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a legit pass rush would help. After Buckner....who is the best pass rusher? Does it even matter who it is, because it never really shows up. Giving DeFo just one other guy who can impact with the pass rush will solve a lot of problems.
Blair has done a decent job but you never Thomas or Armistead’s name called on pass plays

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One could be a linebacker with pass rush skills as well

IF this is implying a SAM, no doubt i agree. This second guy may not an 'elite' pass rusher and why he drops, but IS able to defend run.

If this LB isn't able to defend run that well, as long as he has very good pass rush skills.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF this is implying a SAM, no doubt i agree. This second guy may not an 'elite' pass rusher and why he drops, but IS able to defend run.

If this LB isn't able to defend run that well, as long as he has very good pass rush skills.

that was kind of my line of thinking

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that was kind of my line of thinking

Bottom line is i'm fine if we take two pass rushers in a row. Not saying we should go this way, but won't complain if they do. It is THAT critical and don't want to depend on one prospect.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Need a Break.. Make a Break !!:)

Antonio Brown landing spots
1. 49ers
The 49ers receiving corps could definitely use a boost and Brown would provide that instantly. In 2018, the 49ers leading receiver wasn't even a receiver, it was tight end George Kittle, who set an NFL record for tight ends with 1,377 yards. (The 49ers leading wide receiver was Kendrick Bourne, who finished the year with just 487 yards). Kittle also caught 88 passes and it appears that he would have no problem sharing some of that load with Brown, and we know that because he's already trying to recruit the Steelers receiver to San Francisco.

George Kittle

✔@gkittle46

https://twitter.com/gkittle46/status/1079981838758699008

Sup? @AB84

10:05 PM - Dec 31, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,884 people are talking about this

As for Brown, he definitely seemed intrigued by the idea. Not only did he respond to Kittle's tweet, but he also "liked" a picture that someone posted of him photoshopped into a 49ers uniform.

View image on Twitter

NFL Update@MySportsUpdate

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1080164999866343424

Sure looks like Antonio Brown likes the idea of a #49ers uniform on him....

10:12 AM - Jan 1, 2019

1,095 people are talking about this

Brown put up huge numbers in 2018 and he could potentially put up even bigger numbers in 2019 playing in an offense designed by 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan. With Jimmy Garoppolo throwing him the ball, there's no reason to think that Brown couldn't approach or surpass his biggest seasons with the Steelers. The upside for Pittsburgh in this trade is that it would get Brown out of the AFC and send him across the country.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated in the general forum, re: Antonio Brown....

Pass. Not worth it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I've stated in the general forum, re: Antonio Brown....

Pass. Not worth it.

I just heard on local radio - someone from Pittsburgh was interviewed - and he said Antonio Brown started changing 3 years ago. So it has just blown up now and it isn't this one issue. No one knows the reasons but his personality changed from being a good teammate, to a "reclusive" one. He doesn't believe this will change by just moving to another team.

Bottom line is i agree, pass on Antonion Brown. WE cannot commit big cap to someone with "team" issues.