• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule and Subsequent Draft Position

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers must find wide receiver in free agency or NFL draft

Not arguing against this at all, but all things being equal i'd go CB or even SAM, after pass rusher.

As long as JG plays like the end of 2017, Pettis, Goodwin, Bourne, Taylor, James, and Kittle can do. But cannot do without more pressure and better coverage on D.

Granted, i am assuming the O-line doesn't take a step down.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they need a WR but I also think they need interior O-Line help as well. Plus the defensive positions you mentioned. I'm not sure I would make the first three picks defensive players we'll have to wait and see what they address in Free Agency.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NFL's top-5 rookie offensive linemen through 14 weeks | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Obviously, these are the draft picks we need......those that pan out. Regardless of hype, reputation, or how high the pick, that prospect has to pan out. I know not all picks pan out exactly to their draft slot, but if most of them come close then the overall team starts to build.

So obviously in this next draft, whomever that pass rusher is and no matter his hype or where we pick him, he HAS to pan out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers may have solved problem at wide receiver

A little early to say Pettis has panned out, but he's doing much better now. Looks like he'll take Garcon's spot and allow either Taylor or James into the slot? Goodwin needs to stay healthy and don't see why Bourne can't help on short yardage/red zone?

While i DO think we could use another WR, the defense needs more help than offense. I see us signing a WR in free agency, but not one who'll become THE #1 WR. More likely a veteran back-up or situational type - possession or red zone or short yardage or deep threat.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kittle truly is a difference maker at TE, SF doesn't need a top end #1 receiver. Edge rusher, LEO, dudes who get a shitload of sacks....and edge rusher. That is my preference.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Edge Rusher is most of our preference.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as good a day as it can get for SF. The teams of interest are Washington, Atlanta, NY Giants and TB. In case of tiebreakers, SF needs Wash and Atl to win and NY and TB to lose. Of course, could've hoped for Ariz to lose and avoid this nonsense altogether, but...

Atl destroyed Ariz.
Wash beat Jax.
Balt beat TB.
Titan beat NY.

Now watch SF beat Sea and ruin the whole thing....heh.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as good a day as it can get for SF. The teams of interest are Washington, Atlanta, NY Giants and TB. In case of tiebreakers, SF needs Wash and Atl to win and NY and TB to lose. Of course, could've hoped for Ariz to lose and avoid this nonsense altogether, but...

Atl destroyed Ariz.
Wash beat Jax.
Balt beat TB.
Titan beat NY.

Now watch SF beat Sea and ruin the whole thing....heh.

Yes, yes they did

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes they did

Unbelievable....I mean...it's great to get a win and all....but for what? A meaningless win cost SF to get Myles Garrett, and now SF probably can't get to Bosa.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Oliver as an option. SF doesn't need another DT, and if they went in that direction, Quinnen Williams might've surpassed him. Then there are the rumours that when Oliver gets measured, he's gonna come in smaller than listed.

I'd rather SF take Josh Allen.....if he's still available....and that may be up in the air now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unbelievable....I mean...it's great to get a win and all....but for what? A meaningless win cost SF to get Myles Garrett, and now SF probably can't get to Bosa.

Your opinion is fine and mine is it isnt meaningless. I LIKE winning.....ALL the time, and i can only imagine what it means to players, coaches, and the rest of the organization.

For me the season is in play and we play to win. Wherever we end up in the draft, is where we end up. I DO understand how great it is to talk draft, and obviously we want the highest spot. But for me we play to win games, not play for the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see Oliver as an option. SF doesn't need another DT, and if they went in that direction, Quinnen Williams might've surpassed him. Then there are the rumours that when Oliver gets measured, he's gonna come in smaller than listed.

I'd rather SF take Josh Allen.....if he's still available....and that may be up in the air now.

I agree that our DT spot seems set including Day backing up Buckner. It wouldn't make sense to draft someone this high, for NT or 'big end'?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion is fine and mine is it isnt meaningless. I LIKE winning.....ALL the time, and i can only imagine what it means to players, coaches, and the rest of the organization.

For me the season is in play and we play to win. Wherever we end up in the draft, is where we end up. I DO understand how great it is to talk draft, and obviously we want the highest spot. But for me we play to win games, not play for the draft.

I can't watch games and root to lose. If I have to root for tanking I have to step away and not watch games

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, it's meaningless because A.) I don't make any decisions on which player stays or which player gets cut. B) I'm not in the lockerroom/in competition mode, to experience that with the team. C) See practically zero difference between a 3-13 season and a 4-12 season.

Everybody wants their team to be 'winners.' I am not actively rooting for SF to lose. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to the draft. I am separating myself from what the current team wants for the day vs. what I want for the long haul - much like a coach who puts in a bunch of young guys who will make dumb mistakes....you're gonna take losses but you find out how much they improve and if they're worth keeping.

I think it's safe to say that Myles Garrett is leaps and bounds better than Solomon Thomas, whereas the difference between 1-15 and 2-14 is practically pointless. Given that Bosa is that generational talent in terms of pass rushers in the line of Miller, Mack, Garrett and Chubb (wherever you slot them), I can accept losses now (in a completely lost season regardless) to get a shot at a blue chip guy who fits our greatest need by far.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think they need a WR but I also think they need interior O-Line help as well. Plus the defensive positions you mentioned. I'm not sure I would make the first three picks defensive players we'll have to wait and see what they address in Free Agency.
As long as they don't ;pick another bust like Thomas in the first round they can't go wrong no matter what position they go for because they need help at almost every position.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't watch games and root to lose. If I have to root for tanking I have to step away and not watch games
Agreed. I'd love to get Bosa but I'd rather win as many games as they can. The benefit of experiencing winning football for young players is more valuable then getting the top pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.