• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get this straight I don't idolize Allen. You guys make it sound we are dealing with a proven vet Qb here. At that time he wasn't. I expect a fair offer to come before 7/15. Whether or not KC accept it is another story.

They had all last off season to make a fair offer. They have had all this off season to make him a fair offer.

What on earth makes you think they will give him a fair offer now?? And for fuck sake, you thought every other offer they made him was fair.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had all last off season to make a fair offer. They have had all this off season to make him a fair offer.

What on earth makes you think they will give him a fair offer now?? And for fuck sake, you thought every other offer they made him was fair.

No offer was fair. But you forget to mention that SM was part of this too last year. They will make a fair offer now b/c Danny is involved. Once I heard that then you know there will be no bullshit in the contract.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offer was fair. But you forget to mention that SM was part of this too last year. They will make a fair offer now b/c Danny is involved. Once I heard that then you know there will be no bullshit in the contract.

Because at the end of the day, Bruce is was and for the foreseeable future will be the man making the calls. Bruce could have done the deal and Scot could either live with it or walk. And dont say Bruce and Dan would never do that to a coach or GM. Mike Shanahan was on Vacation when he heard we had traded up in 2012, so Bruce is more than capable of going over his coaches head and has done it numerous times.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this another way. The main thing that a QB could do in the offseason to get better would be to lose weight, get faster, improve his mechanics or study film more. None of these are really issues for Cousins. His biggest fault is handling pressure situations & big games. There is nothing that he can do in the offseason to prove that he can overcome these issues. That will all be determined in actual games. A few INTs during practice prove nothing one way or the other.
well it seems now he was taking more chances to test what he and pryor can do he even said those throws wouldnt be done in a game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because at the end of the day, Bruce is was and for the foreseeable future will be the man making the calls. Bruce could have done the deal and Scot could either live with it or walk. And dont say Bruce and Dan would never do that to a coach or GM. Mike Shanahan was on Vacation when he heard we had traded up in 2012, so Bruce is more than capable of going over his coaches head and has done it numerous times.

So now Sm wasn't behind the lowball offer of 16M last year? Didn't it go up to 19m?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Sm wasn't behind the lowball offer of 16M last year? Didn't it go up to 19m?

Never said that. I said Bruce had the power to make the deal happen even if Scot wouldnt have been too pleased with it.

At the end of the day, Bruce is the reason this deal has not gotten done to this point. And no the offer never went up to $19M as far as I ever saw. Actually all indications were after they made the $16M a year offer, they tagged Kirk and once Oswieler got signed, they decided to break off talks and have Kirk play on the tag.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. I said Bruce had the power to make the deal happen even if Scot wouldnt have been too pleased with it.

At the end of the day, Bruce is the reason this deal has not gotten done to this point. And no the offer never went up to $19M as far as I ever saw. Actually all indications were after they made the $16M a year offer, they tagged Kirk and once Oswieler got signed, they decided to break off talks and have Kirk play on the tag.

I agree wit that. But if Sm was sold on KC at that time why wouldn't he be complaining that he wanted him singed to a fair ltd? From all the interviews I saw on this matter Sm was A ok on giving the tag to KC. I know Allen had the final say but where was Dan in all of this last year?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus didn't KC want to be the highest paid Qb in the league after his 2015 season?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we disagree. Gruden made the call to go to KC at the end of the 2014 season and KC was named the starter for 2015. I don't buy the Rg3 nonsense one bit. B/c if that were true why was KC starting over Rg3 in 2015? Wouldn't Allen and Dan demand Rg3 to start if there were sour on KC?
wrong ! the call was made after game 3 preseason of that year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree wit that. But if Sm was sold on KC at that time why wouldn't he be complaining that he wanted him singed to a fair ltd? From all the interviews I saw on this matter Sm was A ok on giving the tag to KC. I know Allen had the final say but where was Dan in all of this last year?

Again I dont think Dan wanted to do the deal last year. To a degree Im not even convinced he wants to do it now.

As for Scot being OK with the tag, I think he was fine with it because he also realized, they missed their window of opportunity to get Kirk signed for anything less than top dollar. Once Oswieler got $17M a year, the market was skewed from that point on.

Plus didn't KC want to be the highest paid Qb in the league after his 2015 season?

I never saw a report of him wanting to be the highest paid player in the NFL. BUt he reasoned correctly that they have agreed to pay me $20M, why should I take less. Now they have agreed to pay him $24M a year, again why should he take less??

At the end of the day, I think he would take less to go some place else. This front office has spent the last five years doubting him in one form or another, why cut them a break now??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong again , he was taken off the negotiations after that 1st contract offer was shot down as stated in the most recent articles i posted

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I dont think Dan wanted to do the deal last year. To a degree Im not even convinced he wants to do it now.

As for Scot being OK with the tag, I think he was fine with it because he also realized, they missed their window of opportunity to get Kirk signed for anything less than top dollar. Once Oswieler got $17M a year, the market was skewed from that point on.

I never saw a report of him wanting to be the highest paid player in the NFL. BUt he reasoned correctly that they have agreed to pay me $20M, why should I take less. Now they have agreed to pay him $24M a year, again why should he take less??

At the end of the day, I think he would take less to go some place else. This front office has spent the last five years doubting him in one form or another, why cut them a break now??

He wanted a ltd that worked off the franchise tag for his first three years all guarnetted. That was coming from a guy that only started one full season in the NFL. So you have to take that into account to.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong again , he was taken off the negotiations after that 1st contract offer was shot down as stated in the most recent articles i posted

im talking about last year. not this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im talking about last year. not this year.
so am i he was taken off the negotiations then and was never involved again as per the articles i posted

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so am i he was taken off the negotiations then and was never involved again as per the articles i posted

How he was part of the low ball deal and was part of placing the tag on him last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted a ltd that worked off the franchise tag for his first three years all guarnetted. That was coming from a guy that only started one full season in the NFL. So you have to take that into account to.

And the funny part is, so far we have committed to two of those three ears and he isnt on a long term deal.

So who is winning that bet?? If he plays well enough this year they will have no choice but to make him the richest player in the league, or watch him walk.

Part of me wants to see him play on the tag. Not for some warped idea of keeping our options open. But because I know if he does well, he breaks the system. And if he does well enough, he really breaks the system.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the funny part is, so far we have committed to two of those three ears and he isnt on a long term deal.

So who is winning that bet?? If he plays well enough this year they will have no choice but to make him the richest player in the league, or watch him walk.

Part of me wants to see him play on the tag. Not for some warped idea of keeping our options open. But because I know if he does well, he breaks the system. And if he does well enough, he really breaks the system.

I agree but your playing Monday morning qb here. It was a huge ask coming off your first starting nfl season. Now it worked out so KC won. I agree.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but your playing Monday morning qb here. It was a huge ask coming off your first starting nfl season. Now it worked out so KC won. I agree.

And what you fail to accept is that the Oswieler failure proves, the team would have been better off paying him last year even if he only turned out to be average. Because now all his price is doing is going up.

We bet $20M he couldnt perform at the same level again.. he did. Now we want to double down??