• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that is bullshit and here is why. All thru the 2014 season Gruden came out publicly and blasted RG3 for his mechanics and ability. He wanted KC as his starter. So why was RG3 in the picture? The only reason why he was on the team is b/c of contract reasons. The RG3 era was done at the end of the 2014 season.

If Allen had doubts about KC for the start of the 2015 season wouldn't that be normal b/c he was unproven at the time?

Why am I not surprised you take this stance.

Fact: It took the Head Coach AND the GM to convince the team President and Owner that Kirk should start. This means it wasnt ultimately Grudens or Scots call originally as to who would start.

Now, process what was reported for a moment. Bruce didnt nix the deal because he was unsure of Kirk. He nixed the deal because he didnt want to risk giving Kirk a Long term deal and killing the relationship with Griffin just in case they needed Griffin again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally missing the point. Regardless of reasoning, SM wanted to sign KC then at what is now an incredible bargain but was trumped by BA. Fine...I get that one.

Then the next season BA wanted the previous year's price. Then, the same thing happened again.

He needs to understand, every year market value goes up. He doesn't seem to get it and neither does his clone.

I understand of Allen's low ball offers. I am just saying he wasn't willing to do a LTD at the time of 2015 offseason b/c KC was unproven.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this another way. The main thing that a QB could do in the offseason to get better would be to lose weight, get faster, improve his mechanics or study film more. None of these are really issues for Cousins. His biggest fault is handling pressure situations & big games. There is nothing that he can do in the offseason to prove that he can overcome these issues. That will all be determined in actual games. A few INTs during practice prove nothing one way or the other.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact: It took the Head Coach AND the GM to convince the team President and Owner that Kirk should start. This means it wasnt ultimately Grudens or Scots call originally as to who would start.

Now, process what was reported for a moment. Bruce didnt nix the deal because he was unsure of Kirk. He nixed the deal because he didnt want to risk giving Kirk a Long term deal and killing the relationship with Griffin just in case they needed Griffin again.

This is where we disagree. Gruden made the call to go to KC at the end of the 2014 season and KC was named the starter for 2015. I don't buy the Rg3 nonsense one bit. B/c if that were true why was KC starting over Rg3 in 2015? Wouldn't Allen and Dan demand Rg3 to start if there were sour on KC?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my bad I have that wrong. KC didn't play at the end of the 2014 season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we disagree. Gruden made the call to go to KC at the end of the 2014 season and KC was named the starter for 2015. I don't buy the Rg3 nonsense one bit. B/c if that were true why was KC starting over Rg3 in 2015? Wouldn't Allen and Dan demand Rg3 to start if there were sour on KC?

Rewrite history much Dean?? Griffin was slated to be the starter right up until preseason week 3 of the 2015 season. They were in fact demanding RG3 start in 2015 until Gruden and Scot convinced them that starting Kirk was in the teams best interest. And even then, when Kirk was named starter it was highly speculated that if the team didnt drastically improve, Gruden would be fired.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewrite history much Dean?? Griffin was slated to be the starter right up until preseason week 3 of the 2015 season. They were in fact demanding RG3 start in 2015 until Gruden and Scot convinced them that starting Kirk was in the teams best interest. And even then, when Kirk was named starter it was highly speculated that if the team didnt drastically improve, Gruden would be fired.

I corrected myself. My bad on the 2014 season. Point being is was Gruden choice to go with Kc.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it wasn't his choice. It isn't a choice when you have to beg for permission.

True but Danny went with his head coach. Something that he doesn't normally do.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I corrected myself. My bad on the 2014 season. Point being is was Gruden choice to go with Kc.

Come on Dean, be real.

If your Boss said, Im holding you responsible for getting this project done. You go to the boss and say, Boss we need to use the 3/4 inch drill to get this done. The Boss says, but I paid alot of money for the 1/2 inch and I want you to make it work with that expensive tool.

If you have to get backing from the project forman, and spend half a day to convince the Boss that the 3/4 wont work.... who ultimately made the call that it was ok to no use the 3/4 inch??

It was Grudens choice, but he still had to practically beg for permission.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but Danny went with his head coach. Something that he doesn't normally do.

So let me ask you Dean. If the team had finished 5-11 in 2015. Do you think

1. Gruden would have kept his job
2. We would have resigned Kirk at any price
3. They would have released Griffin

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Dean, be real.

If your Boss said, Im holding you responsible for getting this project done. You go to the boss and say, Boss we need to use the 3/4 inch drill to get this done. The Boss says, but I paid alot of money for the 1/2 inch and I want you to make it work with that expensive tool.

If you have to get backing from the project forman, and spend half a day to convince the Boss that the 3/4 wont work.... who ultimately made the call that it was ok to no use the 3/4 inch??

It was Grudens choice, but he still had to practically beg for permission.

I know but in the end Gruden got his way. Then when Kc was playing well that year they wanted to lock him up on a Ltd in Dec.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you Dean. If the team had finished 5-11 in 2015. Do you think

1. Gruden would have kept his job
2. We would have resigned Kirk at any price
3. They would have released Griffin

why these hypotheicals. I m just saying how it played out in 2015.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but in the end Gruden got his way. Then when Kc was playing well that year they wanted to lock him up on a Ltd in Dec.

Did they make him an offer?? NO. They went to his agent and said NOW we would like to talk about a long term deal. His agent did the smart thing and said lets wait til the end of the season. IN this whole thing Bruce has shown a habit of being a few days late and a few million short.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why these hypotheicals. I m just saying how it played out in 2015.

Because how it played out in 2015 has a lot to do with why its so problematic now. Bruce has tried to hedge his bet every step of the way on this one, its no wonder you idolize him so much at the moment.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they make him an offer?? NO. They went to his agent and said NOW we would like to talk about a long term deal. His agent did the smart thing and said lets wait til the end of the season. IN this whole thing Bruce has shown a habit of being a few days late and a few million short.

There was no offer in Dec of 2015 b/c KC's agent shut it down and wanted to wait until the offseason. Im not saying a deal would have been done but they did approach him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because how it played out in 2015 has a lot to do with why its so problematic now. Bruce has tried to hedge his bet every step of the way on this one, its no wonder you idolize him so much at the moment.

Lets get this straight I don't idolize Allen. You guys make it sound we are dealing with a proven vet Qb here. At that time he wasn't. I expect a fair offer to come before 7/15. Whether or not KC accept it is another story.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no offer in Dec of 2015 b/c KC's agent shut it down and wanted to wait until the offseason. Im not saying a deal would have been done but they did approach him.

And his agent smartly said lets wait and see what the market looks like.

You blame him for it??

Bruce is not some innocent victim in all this Dean. A very large part of why we are where we are now is because Bruce continues to try and hedge the bet.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his agent smartly said lets wait and see what the market looks like.

You blame him for it??

Bruce is not some innocent victim in all this Dean. A very large part of why we are where we are now is because Bruce continues to try and hedge the bet.

Of course not. But the team tried. Bruce and SM get blame for the offer last off season. That was a huge lowball.