• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins are currently shopping Dunbar.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get with this argument - that many others have made - is... Why assume that Allen is a good backup QB? With all the QB's out there and available, why him? I think it's - not because he's any good; it's because he's just barely good enough to be your #2 QB and not good enough to be a threat to Haskins - which is fine by me - but let's not pretend it's for any other reason - or that we made some kind of good bargain. We got him for about what he's worth.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in for the team concept really doesn't exist anymore in pro sports over the log haul. Is the team all in for the player? No, they will cut a player quicker that anything. All in has to be a two way street for it to really work.

Social media IMO is the bane to our existence. It is particularly galling when athletes are negatively labeled when (lawfully)expressing an opinion during his own time, then, is summarily cut or traded because of it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get with this argument - that many others have made - is... Why assume that Allen is a good backup QB? With all the QB's out there and available, why him? I think it's - not because he's any good; it's because he's just barely good enough to be your #2 QB and not good enough to be a threat to Haskins - which is fine by me - but let's not pretend it's for any other reason - or that we made some kind of good bargain. We got him for about what he's worth.

I agree and add he's only being paid $600,000.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Dunbar, we're talking about the newly signed QB. (I think)
Sorry, popping in/out. Allen is a nice sign imo at age 24. I actually like the combo of him and Haskins and maybe a QB project at the close of the draft to complete our QB room with A. Smith.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen knows Turner's system. I think that is a big reason he is here.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. I liked Dunbar. He was injury prone, but he was also a player who when he was on the field. Made his presence felt by the opposition. We have few players like that.