• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds Thread

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the right solution if there was a reasonable alternative, but we both know there isn't. Votto at 70% blows away anyone else who could play first right now. I was alright with Votto sitting out the rest of the season and getting better since this already in April appeared to be a lost season. Now, I'm not so sure it is lost, so Votto should play as much as he can at whatever level he is capable.

The wise thing to do is to have games that precede an off-day and give him that day off and use Pena at 1B. It's the best way to keep him as fresh as possible. That gives him 2 days off to rest.

Other than that, just the occasional day off is going to have to be the plan. Price is going to have to bite the bullet once every week and a half and sit him regardless...

The leg makes him look silly at the plate. It's all upper body right now. He'll get some hits because he's that good, but his gap-to-gap and HR power is nearly zero.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bum. He's completely tanked. Fuck him and fuck Canada.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Canada Day bitches!!

Let's hope our Canuck celebrates in style tonight.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job assholes..... Sweep the Giants and get swept by the Padres.

6 wins is going to feel pretty disappointing after the way this trip started.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they seem to have the Brewer's number this year.

Also, congrats to the 4 reds selected, especially Meso as he was selected by Matheny.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon snubbed. Only the leading winner in the league, ERA under 3.00, all but two starts quality starts. Not good enough?

Bullshit.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon snubbed. Only the leading winner in the league, ERA under 3.00, all but two starts quality starts. Not good enough?

Bullshit.

There is a chance he'll replace Cueto.

4 of the selected pitchers for the ASG will pitch on the Sunday prior making them ineligible.

Simon has been great, but it's hard to argue with the starters that were selected, too.

I'm glad Frazier and Meso made it more than any other Red(s)...they really both have had great seasons thus far, and Frazier deserved to be the starter at 3B. His numbers across the board are better, and not to mention he's worlds better defensively.

Meso had a longer shot as both Molin and Lucroy have had great seasons as well.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is better without Votto. I hope hey have to amputate.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid comeback by the club. They are really struggling this year against sub .500 teams....that is where they've been so good the past 3-4 years, and they just haven't had that this year.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is better without Votto. I hope hey have to amputate.

With or without Votto, the Cubs are willing participants in their own defeat. I'm happy they have worked their way back into the race, but soon they'll have to show they are no longer the Cards' bitches. Does anyone think they are now ready for that, with or without Votto?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid comeback by the club. They are really struggling this year against sub .500 teams....that is where they've been so good the past 3-4 years, and they just haven't had that this year.

Except, of course, for the Cubs......if they could play their entire schedule vs the Cubbies, 140 wins would not be out of question.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With or without Votto, the Cubs are willing participants in their own defeat. I'm happy they have worked their way back into the race, but soon they'll have to show they are no longer the Cards' bitches. Does anyone think they are now ready for that, with or without Votto?

This would be nice, but it may not be completely needed. Reds could finish 1st or 2nd, and Cards could miss the playoffs altogether making this a moot point.

I think too much emphasis is placed on matchups like this. It's only a small portion of the schedule, and if the Reds continue to beat down the Pirates, Cubs, and Brewers, losing to the Cardinals (assuming they can at least continue to win one here and there) isn't going to kill them.

Also, the Cardinals have their own issues to deal with as their offense is not nearly as potent as last years', as their RISP average has come back down to earth. That was an abborition.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be nice, but it may not be completely needed. Reds could finish 1st or 2nd, and Cards could miss the playoffs altogether making this a moot point.
I think too much emphasis is placed on matchups like this. It's only a small portion of the schedule, and if the Reds continue to beat down the Pirates, Cubs, and Brewers, losing to the Cardinals (assuming they can at least continue to win one here and there) isn't going to kill them.

Also, the Cardinals have their own issues to deal with as their offense is not nearly as potent as last years', as their RISP average has come back down to earth. That was an abborition.

Or, they could miss the playoffs simply because the Cards own them......

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we just play the Cubs the rest of the season?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, they could miss the playoffs simply because the Cards own them......

Maybe, but that's a more narrow view.

If they miss out on the playoffs I would be more apt to look at the games they absolutely should have won.

You can start by their poor record against .500 teams (Cubs not included).

You can look at the 3 game sweep out in SD after rolling the Giants.

I understand that the Cardinals are the bar that is set before the Reds, but I think too many people focus on just them and forget that there are still 144 games played that are not against the Cardinals. The Cardinals account for just 11% of the schedule. If the Reds lose 11 of those 18 games, I am willing to bet that I can find 11 other losses that should have been wins that would have easily made up the difference. In the big 162, playing just 1 team doesn't mean jack. Even the Cardinals.