• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds Thread

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also can't play defense worth a fuck anymore. I hate that bastard. Why is he still batting 3rd? Move him to 2nd or 6th.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another issue with Votto is...he needs regular days off.

He came back and was fresh and started hitting. Got his average near .280, and then has tanked since. It's clear he's worn down again, and Price talked about getting him regular time off, and then......he doesn't. Of course, you shouldn't have to worry about resting your 20MM player once a week, but if that is what they have to do, then it simply has to be done.

Bailey continues to be a head case, but the 3 unearned runs towards the end is what really did it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think his thinking at the plate has totally consumed him. His approach is so ass-backwards he can't even get the ball in play at times...

It's not nearly as hard as he's making it out to be. See a strike, swing the bat. See the ball, hit the ball.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another series win. Keep pushing forward, I guess...

Interesting, I hadn't really kept up with Choo since he left, but

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6205/shin-soo-choo

.247, 7 HR's, 28 RBI, slug .384 and OPS .756

Now, not saying I wouldn't haved wanted Choo to stay (and play LF), but he certainly was not going to be what Texas paid for him.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another series win. Keep pushing forward, I guess...

Interesting, I hadn't really kept up with Choo since he left, but

Shin-Soo Choo Stats, News, Pictures, Bio, Videos - Texas Rangers - ESPN

.247, 7 HR's, 28 RBI, slug .384 and OPS .756

Now, not saying I wouldn't haved wanted Choo to stay (and play LF), but he certainly was not going to be what Texas paid for him.

It's actually arguable that Hamilton is having the better year. I knew Choo wasn't going to top last year, but his decline is remarkable. Seems like nobody produces after they get paid.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Votto is a bum.

Carry on.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually arguable that Hamilton is having the better year. I knew Choo wasn't going to top last year, but his decline is remarkable. Seems like nobody produces after they get paid.

It's because those who usually get paid are nearing, if not already, past prime age. Think about some of the big contracts?

Hamilton, Pujols, Fielder, I mean, these guys played a long time...and are getting paid based on their PAST results. Teams do this to get that 2-3 year window of still prime age, and hope the decline isn't so bad they suck for 6-7-8+ years remaining on the deal...

The big surprise with Hamilton is his offense, clearly. However, even if he were hitting .250 and .290 OBP, his defense in runs saved would just about equal out Choo on offense because Choo was terrible on defense. Sure, he caught the balls right at him, but his zone coverage was abysmal. Hamilton gets to balls standing up that Choo wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole and glvoe on the end.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Votto is a bum.

Carry on.

After going 0-4 last night and dropping to .260, if Price doesn't sit him today for rest, he's a moron. He's clearly needing a day off.

Bruce, however, is up to .240, and has 7 straight games with an extra base hit...1st time since Votto back in 2009. One more extra base hit tonight, and he'll tie the 2nd all-time mark for the club.

Eitherway, the club continues to score just enough, and getting some help from Cozart last night was a nice lift, and of course Bruce churning around from 1B to score whas great hustle.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many heroes last night:

1) Phillips---2 run bomb in the ninth to take the lead
2) Chapman---after blowing the save pitching his fourth straight night, managed to get out of a no out, runners on second and third situation to keep the team alive.
3) Votto---opened the game winning rally in the 11th inning by doubling off a lefty he had not had a hit off of until last night.
4) Cozart---singled in two runs with two outs in the 11th.
5) Heisey---tripled to put the game pretty much out of reach.

A real team win, getting up off the mat three times to pull it off. Glad I stayed up to watch for once.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As predicted, Bruce is warming up..... Everyone should know the drill by now -- He's getting ready to put together a monster month or two before getting cold again. He's a streaky hitter, but he's trending upward at the right time for this club.

Lots of guys playing good baseball right now and the starting pitching has been phenomenal.

Joey Votto is on pace for 12 home runs and 44 RBIs -- Hal Morris (all singles and doubles) was probably a better slugger than 2014 Joey Votto. WTF?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As predicted, Bruce is warming up..... Everyone should know the drill by now -- He's getting ready to put together a monster month or two before getting cold again. He's a streaky hitter, but he's trending upward at the right time for this club.

Lots of guys playing good baseball right now and the starting pitching has been phenomenal.

Joey Votto is on pace for 12 home runs and 44 RBIs -- Hal Morris (all singles and doubles) was probably a better slugger than 2014 Joey Votto. WTF?[/QUOTE]

He's quite obviously playing though pain in the knee, which seems to have totally robbed him of any power.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey Votto is on pace for 12 home runs and 44 RBIs -- Hal Morris (all singles and doubles) was probably a better slugger than 2014 Joey Votto. WTF?[/QUOTE]

He's quite obviously playing though pain in the knee, which seems to have totally robbed him of any power.

Is he just shitty at healing? How does a guy have a minor knee injury in 2012 and never regain his ability? He tore some freakin' cartilage..... Did he have Peter Warrick's doctor?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he just shitty at healing? How does a guy have a minor knee injury in 2012 and never regain his ability? He tore some freakin' cartilage..... Did he have Peter Warrick's doctor?

Maybe it wasn't as minor as reported. Bruce seems to have recovered from his ok, and his was supposed to be the same as Votto's. Watch Votto run, he limps obviously, and he's fallen off balance at the plate several times recently while trying to drive off his back leg. Something is obviously wrong.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it wasn't as minor as reported. Bruce seems to have recovered from his ok, and his was supposed to be the same as Votto's. Watch Votto run, he limps obviously, and he's fallen off balance at the plate several times recently while trying to drive off his back leg. Something is obviously wrong.

Yeah, he's a pussy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Whether Votto says he's hurt or not, he's hurt.

It's clear to anyone who knows anything about hitting he's not using that back leg nearly at all. You can see him limp around when he swings and misses.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Whether Votto says he's hurt or not, he's hurt.

It's clear to anyone who knows anything about hitting he's not using that back leg nearly at all. You can see him limp around when he swings and misses.

Great. Then sit your ass on the bench and watch.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Then sit your ass on the bench and watch.

That would be the right solution if there was a reasonable alternative, but we both know there isn't. Votto at 70% blows away anyone else who could play first right now. I was alright with Votto sitting out the rest of the season and getting better since this already in April appeared to be a lost season. Now, I'm not so sure it is lost, so Votto should play as much as he can at whatever level he is capable.