• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB's

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does seem to be a need as well as Pass protection and special teams, but since we are likely talking more practice squad than 53 man roster to start, I wonder if they just pick the guy they feel has the higher ceiling.
At this point anything is possible. We will all know in a day or two. The good thing is there are plenty of good backs on other teams in the same boat. I could see both clearing waivers giving Dallas the one they want.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point anything is possible. We will all know in a day or two. The good thing is there are plenty of good backs on other teams in the same boat. I could see both clearing waivers giving Dallas the one they want.
Me too

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of tweets about Cowboys/ Broncos discussing Ball. Some have shot it down. Some saying still a possibility.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of tweets about Cowboys/ Broncos discussing Ball. Some have shot it down. Some saying still a possibility.
tweets from who? I just don't know if any of these guys are better than Randle or McFadden. The main reason I liked Jackson was because even though he is older, IMO he is better than them. Obviously the Cowboys don't agree, but this late in the game you don't bring a guy in unless he is making the 53.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I listed them all I would be here all day. Like Eastbays link says- I would think the Broncos are trying to get something for the guy they are going to release. I never said Ball was better. Now Gio and Davis- you can have all 3 for 1 of those IMo

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't mind the MUrray clone. Too bad the Eagles have them both.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Turbin cut by Seattle. Injuries, but, real talented

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys, Broncos discussing Montee Ball trade

After maintaining all offseason that they're perfectly happy with their running back triumvirate of Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar, the Dallas Cowboysare discussing a trade for Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball, according to a report from Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver.

Ball, a former second-round pick out of Wisconsin, was the starter for the Broncos during the early part of the 2014 season, but the combination of injuries and ineffectiveness led to him losing carries to Ronnie Hillman and C.J. Anderson. He played in just five games, starting three, and carried 55 times for a total of 172 yards (3.1 per carry) and one touchdown.

As a rookie the year before, Ball flashed much more talent, totaling 120 carries for 559 yards (4.7 per carry) and four scores. He also added 20 catches for 145 yards. All that work was done in relief of Knowshon Moreno.

The zone blocking system used in Dallas is similar to Denver's, but obviously not an exact replica of, the schemes used by both the Peyton Manning offense and new Broncos coach Gary Kubiak. If Ball were indeed traded to Dallas, it's not like he'd have to learn a completely foreign system.

The Cowboys allowed last season's NFL leading rusher, DeMarco Murray, to leave for the rival Philadelphia Eagles this offseason. They've been steadfast in their belief that they can approximate his production for a fraction of the cost with the running backs on their roster, but a trade for Ball would seem to contradict that assertion at least a bit. Either way, whoever does get the rock in Dallas will be running behind arguably the best group of blockers in the NFL in Tyron Smith, Ronald Leary, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and Doug Free.

Any trade here will presumably involve draft pick compensation, so it should be noted that Dallas has already traded its 2016 sixth-round pick to the 49ers in the deal to acquire that pick they used on blocking tight end Geoff Swaim during the 2015 draft.

ball-boys.jpg
Montee Ball might be headed to Big D. (USATSI)

What does he really offer, if Manning doesnt like his pass blocking? I mean what more than what we already have in DMC, that has injury question marks?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys only interested in Ball if he is cut

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys only interested in Ball if he is cut

Yeah I don't think he was impressing anybody in camp and no real reason to trade anything of value when you could possibly get him off the scrap heap

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could just cut Dunbar? With the exception of a handful of plays over the past two years, the guy does not move the needle at all.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could just cut Dunbar? With the exception of a handful of plays over the past two years, the guy does not move the needle at all.

For some reason they seem to be in love with him. I agree Dunbar could easily be upgraded.