• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB's

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that protect the Cowboys defense was time of position. Ive been a harsh critic of Murray but he really did well on that department.. I was okay not resigning him contingent on us having a real back up plan. I don't consider McFadden a real backup plan

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Tre Mason wonder if he's expendable now that they have Gurly. I would love to get Bennard no way the Bengals part ways with him?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a good back or two teams plan on cutting and will trade for almost nothing. Dallas looks to be deep at OL and TE, they have tradable players force decent back if need be.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that protect the Cowboys defense was time of position. Ive been a harsh critic of Murray but he really did well on that department.. I was okay not resigning him contingent on us having a real back up plan. I don't consider McFadden a real backup plan
Not resigning Murray is tough in the here and now, but the fact that no one else but Philly was willing to pony up that kind of contract seems to indicate it was another good decision for the longterm benefit of the club. There have probably been more of those in the last couple of years than in the previous 20 combined, so I can't rip them

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a good back or two teams plan on cutting and will trade for almost nothing. Dallas looks to be deep at OL and TE, they have tradable players force decent back if need be.
If the Cowboys went the trade route, I think a guy to go after for a mid round pick would be Doug Martin in Tampa. He is in the last year of his deal, and because of his injuries the last couple of years, they have drafted depth for the position. He is a guy who had a monster year as a rookie, then fell off the last couple of years. He would be boom or bust, but behind the Cowboys line, I think he'd have a shot to get back to where he was

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the main reasons the team hasn't done anything is that we aren't that bad at RB. No, it isn't a strength, but we aren't horrible either. We all have our opinion of Rnadle, but clearly the team feels he can do the job. From the beginning since Murray left it was clear he was number 1 for the team whether we agreed or not. Not taking a RB early in the draft reinforced this thought. They brought in McFadden over all of the other veteran FAs being mentioned. So again, we have our opinions on McFadden, but the team went right out and grabbed him after Murray left. Throw in Dunbar who if he can pass protect at all is going to be great on 3rd downs IMO and will give us an explosive weapon we haven't had since...well, it's been a long time. Then there is Gus Johnson that the team seems to think highly enough of to give all the snaps until he got hurt this week. Maybe he isn't an option for the roster this year, but maybe he is stashed on the practice squad for now in case of injury. Disappointed he is hurt because it is clear the team was going to see what he has in preseason.

So yeah, we could be scouring the waiver wire in 3 weeks, but it looks like the TEAM is OK with what we have. Remember, you don't pick up a veteran in late August unless you plan on keeping him on the roster. So unless McFadden doesn't look healthy or capable I don't know if it is going to happen. Who are you going to cut, because we aren't keepin 4 RBs plus a FB. i wanted to bring someone in after Williams was cut to give time to fight for the spots and cut the least effective guy. My guess is if we bring in a veteran this late it means the team isn't confident in McFadden and it will be between the two for the last roster spot. We'll find out how he looks this week. Who knows, perhaps he comes in and shows to be the guy we hoped when he was signed.

As far as a trade goes. I think our chips that we are willing to play with are good enough to get a guy a team was about to cut, but not sure they have much more value than that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Hate to say it, but that was an excellent post Jarntt.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the main reasons the team hasn't done anything is that we aren't that bad at RB. No, it isn't a strength, but we aren't horrible either. We all have our opinion of Rnadle, but clearly the team feels he can do the job. From the beginning since Murray left it was clear he was number 1 for the team whether we agreed or not. Not taking a RB early in the draft reinforced this thought. They brought in McFadden over all of the other veteran FAs being mentioned. So again, we have our opinions on McFadden, but the team went right out and grabbed him after Murray left. Throw in Dunbar who if he can pass protect at all is going to be great on 3rd downs IMO and will give us an explosive weapon we haven't had since...well, it's been a long time. Then there is Gus Johnson that the team seems to think highly enough of to give all the snaps until he got hurt this week. Maybe he isn't an option for the roster this year, but maybe he is stashed on the practice squad for now in case of injury. Disappointed he is hurt because it is clear the team was going to see what he has in preseason.

So yeah, we could be scouring the waiver wire in 3 weeks, but it looks like the TEAM is OK with what we have. Remember, you don't pick up a veteran in late August unless you plan on keeping him on the roster. So unless McFadden doesn't look healthy or capable I don't know if it is going to happen. Who are you going to cut, because we aren't keepin 4 RBs plus a FB. i wanted to bring someone in after Williams was cut to give time to fight for the spots and cut the least effective guy. My guess is if we bring in a veteran this late it means the team isn't confident in McFadden and it will be between the two for the last roster spot. We'll find out how he looks this week. Who knows, perhaps he comes in and shows to be the guy we hoped when he was signed.

As far as a trade goes. I think our chips that we are willing to play with are good enough to get a guy a team was about to cut, but not sure they have much more value than that.

Well said, you and I often have the same point of veiw, but you put it in print much better than I.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Randle ''left some meat on the bone'' last night. That comment is gonna come around on him a couple of times this year....maybe. His pass blocking(lack of) in the first half almost got Romo killed. McFadden looked pretty good though

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle likes to run his mouth and dismiss what Murray did, but so far has not not looked like a starter. murray was a complete back. I am hoping that Mcfadden stays healthy as he is the better option.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard he has had a great camp, though he did have one clang off his hands in the scrimmage. As much as the Cowboys run 2 TE's, I can't imagine them trading him
IDK. I like Escobar in the redzone. Maybe they should just use him more as a possession receiver.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Jackson cut in Buffalo..... that's a real interesting guy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Jackson cut in Buffalo..... that's a real interesting guy
Holy crap. Bring him in!!!! That was one of the guys I was hoping for!!!