• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB's

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like fred jax, but if Giovanni Bennard is on the market. I think dare I say real SB contenders if health is on our side

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since we are 10 days away and still not sure who is going to be the guy back there along with reports that we are still interested in RBs- not a good sign. This hasn't been the preseason I envisioned.

I think the reports Dallas is looking for a back are overstated. I think they plan on RB by committee, with whoever starts getting the same amount of carries as the #2 guy. All teams should be looking at other players in case of injury. I have a feeling they are keeping an eye on Rice if the run game isn't there or there is a injury. Not sure I like the idea, and nothing to support it, but it's my opinion.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get past not bringing in FJax. All offseason I said he was the guy I'd target, so yeah I was a little biased, but WTF. The guy can carry the mail but is a little bit of an injury issue at this point, so he is ideal for a rotation. Plus two of the things he has excelled at over the years were pass protection and short yardage. Both areas we need help with. It was almost the ideal fit.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones called running back "a position of interest" for Dallas once NFL teams turn in their final cuts.

Joseph Randle's grip on Dallas' lead-back job appears to be fading, while the Cowboys should be fully aware of Darren McFadden's lengthy injury history. No. 3 back Lance Dunbar has spent three years in the NFL and never totaled more than 30 rushing attempts. The Cowboys missed out on running backs in the draft and could turn to the NFL waiver wire for increased depth.
I saw someone saying Gio would give us a great shot at SB....I think Jackson would have too

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw someone saying Gio would give us a great shot at SB....I think Jackson would have too
I don't know if either makes that kind of impact, but I think the right RB thrown into the mix can make us better, or certainly at least deeper. I am actually OK with our RBs for right now and wouldn't expect a randowm pick up of a guy that was cut - unless they are thinking of cutting someone. No, they don't seem to be fantastic, but I think they will get the job done. I don't want to bring another RB onto the roster unless it is going to make us better and I just feel when something falls in your lap that could make your team better you at least need to look into it and that is how I view Jackson. Yeah, Gio would make us better, but there is a cost to acquiring him. The two vets I thought would be ideal to throw into a rotation because of talent and cost were F Jax and Bradshaw. Neither will likely last a season as a workhorse back, but both can still play at a starter level.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if either makes that kind of impact, but I think the right RB thrown into the mix can make us better, or certainly at least deeper. I am actually OK with our RBs for right now and wouldn't expect a randowm pick up of a guy that was cut - unless they are thinking of cutting someone. No, they don't seem to be fantastic, but I think they will get the job done. I don't want to bring another RB onto the roster unless it is going to make us better and I just feel when something falls in your lap that could make your team better you at least need to look into it and that is how I view Jackson. Yeah, Gio would make us better, but there is a cost to acquiring him. The two vets I thought would be ideal to throw into a rotation because of talent and cost were F Jax and Bradshaw. Neither will likely last a season as a workhorse back, but both can still play at a starter level.
I'd be surprised if we trade for Gio. It would take a high pick, and I think if they were willing to spend a high pick on a back, they'd have moved for one this season. I'm thinking a 6th rounder for Michael is a lot more likely. Less exciting than a move for Gio, but a lot less expensive too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no scout, but I just don't think Michael is better than any of our top 3 guys and I'm not sure we are going 4 RBs plus a FB unless we really like the guy we would pick up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no scout, but I just don't think Michael is better than any of our top 3 guys and I'm not sure we are going 4 RBs plus a FB unless we really like the guy we would pick up.
Personally, I would go with four, simply because the three we have all have injury/knucklehead histories. What are the percentages that McFadden stays healthy and Randle stays healthy and away from unpaid underwear? 50%? It's kind of like the deal in Philly, IF Bradford and Murray stay healthy, they will be tough, but that's a big if. A 4th guy would hedge the bet, and I thought Jackson was ideal. As many good decisions as the club has made the last couple of years, they might have a rabbit to pull out of their hat

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michael really can't block an incoming LB then I'd keep looking.
I'd still look Asiata should Minny make him available

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will likely be an injury at some point, but we probably would like that spot on the 53 for a 4th TE, or another DL or CB week 1. I also get the feeling they like Gus Johnson enough to call him up from the PS if they need to for a couple of weeks to serve as a #3/STs guy. McFadden isn't playing STs, Randle probably won't if he is the top dog. That leaves just Dunbar. So if you add a 4th, playing STs will be a must unless he isn't active on game day.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would go with four, simply because the three we have all have injury/knucklehead histories. What are the percentages that McFadden stays healthy and Randle stays healthy and away from unpaid underwear? 50%? It's kind of like the deal in Philly, IF Bradford and Murray stay healthy, they will be tough, but that's a big if. A 4th guy would hedge the bet, and I thought Jackson was ideal. As many good decisions as the club has made the last couple of years, they might have a rabbit to pull out of their hat
Problem with 4 RB's you have to go light elsewhere. Watching Vaughn I think they can risk attempt to PS him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with 4 RB's you have to go light elsewhere. Watching Vaughn I think they can risk attempt to PS him.
I totally agree with that. Vauhgn is a couple of years away from even solid backup status IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the guy from KC- Kniles DAvis. We have 3 right now and all of them have been banged up already. I'm not trying to play GM here. I'm just going by what I read- a higher source would not rule out a trade for a younger RB. I'm just trying to think of someone that is feasible and better than what we have.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the guy from KC- Kniles DAvis. We have 3 right now and all of them have been banged up already. I'm not trying to play GM here. I'm just going by what I read- a higher source would not rule out a trade for a younger RB. I'm just trying to think of someone that is feasible and better than what we have.
Davis is really good, but can't imagine KC parting with him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, these other teams aren't getting rid of their good backup RBs. Why would KC trade or cut him? He gets a lot of PT for them

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Meelena makes this squad he showed some burst and good vision. I thought Johnson did also, but he didn't seem to have that second gear he's more of a bruiser. I think both guys have lots of potential so it all depends on what this coaching philosophy is in regards to RB. I like them both last night. I was more impressed with Meelena with is first time really getting any extended action.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, these other teams aren't getting rid of their good backup RBs. Why would KC trade or cut him? He gets a lot of PT for them

If that's the case then I see no reason to make a trade. I have always preferred Romo throwing 40 times. Lol

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Meelena makes this squad he showed some burst and good vision. I thought Johnson did also, but he didn't seem to have that second gear he's more of a bruiser. I think both guys have lots of potential so it all depends on what this coaching philosophy is in regards to RB. I like them both last night. I was more impressed with Meelena with is first time really getting any extended action.
But being more of a bruiser may be more beneficial to this team. He may be the best short yardage back on the roster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But being more of a bruiser may be more beneficial to this team. He may be the best short yardage back on the roster.
That does seem to be a need as well as Pass protection and special teams, but since we are likely talking more practice squad than 53 man roster to start, I wonder if they just pick the guy they feel has the higher ceiling.