• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB's

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason they seem to be in love with him. I agree Dunbar could easily be upgraded.

In theory I see the value of a guy like Dunbar, but when you put the theory in to practice, Dunbar just doesn't flash much value on the field.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seen this on DMC

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the Cowboys believe Darren McFadden is the "best of the bunch" at running back.

Advice: Robinson reports the Cowboys are committed to a running back by committee, but he added Dallas would have likely ridden McFadden's hot hand on Saturday night had it been a regular season game. Owner Jerry Jones has talked up Joseph Randle all offseason, but it appears McFadden has a real chance to lead the team in touches if he can stay healthy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could just cut Dunbar? With the exception of a handful of plays over the past two years, the guy does not move the needle at all.
It's all about opportunity. Guy has a skill set no one else on the team does. Murray really didn't come off the field. If we don't find ways to get Dunbar the ball 4 or 5 times a game and see what comes of it, then shame on us. But, if we aren't going to put him in then there is no sense carrying him. We can always get an extra CB to play STs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seen this on DMC

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the Cowboys believe Darren McFadden is the "best of the bunch" at running back.

Advice: Robinson reports the Cowboys are committed to a running back by committee, but he added Dallas would have likely ridden McFadden's hot hand on Saturday night had it been a regular season game. Owner Jerry Jones has talked up Joseph Randle all offseason, but it appears McFadden has a real chance to lead the team in touches if he can stay healthy.
I don't think there is any doubt McFadden is the most talented. But, as you said, we've seen this before with him. Obviously it's part injuries, but there just seems to be something missing with him that's holding him back. I expect a few games this year he will get in a groove and be the guy and look great. Overall though, I just don't expect him to all of a sudden become a very good NFL RB. I think we'll coach him better and I think he has a better cast around him and I do think we will be very happy with the signing. I'd be real happy if he gets his share of the carries and protects Romo. These other 3 may get Romo killed if they are out there too often...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is really something with all his drama, facing suspension now for violation of personal conduct policy and this:

Report: Demoted Cowboys RB Joseph Randle skipped treatment, left facility
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this season. Through six games, he has taken his 76 carries and run for a total of 315 yards -- an average of 4.1 a pop. Of his four touchdowns, three came in the team's Week 3 loss to the Atlanta Falcons (and two of those were from the 1-yard line). Excluding the one 37-yard run he had in that game, Randle has averaged only 3.7 yards per carry.

So when Randle strained his oblique during last Sunday's loss to the New York Giants and his backup, Darren McFadden, came in and rushed 29 times for 152 yards and a score, the Cowboys decided to make a change and promote McFadden into the starting lineup for their Week 8 game against the Seattle Seahawks.

What was Randle's reaction to his demotion? The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Randle abruptly left the team facility after practice Wednesday, skipping a scheduled treatment session in the process.

Joseph Randle, upset with his demotion from the starting lineup, abruptly left the Cowboys' practice facility Wednesday afternoon but is expected to return Thursday to meet with the coaching staff, sources said.

Those same sources said the third-year running back has worked through his disappointment over being replaced by Darren McFadden and is ready to accept the decision and move forward.

Randle didn't practice Wednesday because of a strained oblique. He walked out of the locker room in shoulder pads while carrying his helmet 20 minutes into the practice session and began to work on the side with an athletic trainer.

Afterward, when Randle was scheduled for treatment, he couldn't be found. Club officials scrambled to determine where he had gone.

Multiple sources said Randle left Valley Ranch to meet with people he trusted to help him clear his head and talk through what happened. Those same sources said Randle was dropped off at the team's practice facility late Wednesday afternoon, got into his car and left.

If this story sounds familiar, that's because essentially the same thing happened with cornerback Morris Claiborne last year. Claiborne struggled badly to start the season, got benched, then angrily left the team facility after he was informed he would no longer be starting. Claiborne returned to practice the next day, but he didn't last much longer. He suffered a season-ending injury four plays into the following week's game. Claiborne is back with the team this year, though, and he was handed a starting cornerback role again after Orlando Scandrick tore his ACL during the preseason.

If Randle comes back to practice and simple does his job (as it seems from the News' report that he might be ready to do), he'll likely still factor into the Cowboys' running game this season. McFadden has never had much in the way of consistent success in his career so it doesn't seem like a great bet that he'll suddenly be much better now. In fact, the only thing he has consistently done throughout his career is get injured (before playing all 16 games last season, McFadden had missed at least three games in every season of his career), so it would be safer to bet on Randle becoming the nominal starter again at some point this season.

joseph-randle1.jpg
Joseph Randle reportedly walked out on the Cowboys.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut him!!!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut him!!!!

After Claiborne pulled the same thing last year, and the message it would send, I think they should cut him. If not, it just says to the rest of the players, "hey just walk out, if you're unhappy with something", there's no recourse, why not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally against the idea of these spoiled, entitled prima donnas taking their ball and going home when they don't get their way, but is this as big of a deal as we are making it out to be? He is injured, is already out this week and missed a treatment session to clear his head and already has decided to put it behind him and to what is wanted of him?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally against the idea of these spoiled, entitled prima donnas taking their ball and going home when they don't get their way, but is this as big of a deal as we are making it out to be? He is injured, is already out this week and missed a treatment session to clear his head and already has decided to put it behind him and to what is wanted of him?

I guess we only know what the media has leaked and not so much what has gone on behind the scenes? It just seems there is nothing but poor decisions that go along with this guy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we only know what the media has leaked and not so much what has gone on behind the scenes? It just seems there is nothing but poor decisions that go along with this guy.
I agree. He has put him self on a short leash and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. But, when you have Jerry responding to questions about Hardy's outburst by saying he wants to sign him long term (Is that really the right time!!!) don't expect a ton of accountability...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still in cap Hell? lol so random

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' Joseph Randle: Excused from the team
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Joseph Randle (strained oblique) -- who reportedly could be facing a one or two-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy -- is excused from the team and is thus slated to be inactive for the Dallas Cowboys ' game against the Seahawks on Sunday, as he deals with what is described as a personal issue, NFL.com reports.

While Randle's status for this Sunday has been clarified, the running back's availability beyond Week 8 remains unclear. As a result, this weekend -- and quite possibly beyond -- the Cowboys are in line to roll with a ground game headed by Darren McFadden, with Christine Michael and Rod Smith also on hand to see complementary/reserve action in the team's backfield.