• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB value This year

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New system, but with a run-first coach in Fox. Especially if they want to limit Cutler's throws (which is the buzz).

Forte has rushed for 1000 yards in 4 of his last 5 seasons. Less catches, but should get more carries. I've read reports that Fox does not trust rookies much either. Cory Latimer saw very limited action last year only catching 2 passes. Doesn't say much for Bears' rookies White and Langford. But should be good for Forte. (And maybe even a sleeper work for Marquesse Wilson and Ka'Deem Carey.) Forte doesn't turn 30 until Dec 10th (late in the season). Incidentally, Broncos RB under Fox were targeted 98 times.

White and Langford can show mad skills in preseason and Fox will still sit their rookie asses down during the regular season. It's just how he is. Barring injury or trade, I don't see anyone coming close to threatening Forte's status.

This season, anyway. ;)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so which game did he get benched, and your neglecting to realize he was not the starter.....and never was the starter.......

My OP wasn't about NE running backs being benched it was DON'T TRUST NE RB's
He did start 6 games last year though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats their fault, im not suggesting that, the whole point of this post was players who have a chance or are expected to be the RB1 on there team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its completely relevant from game to game don't trust any of New England's running backs what i said in my OP. If you want players like that go for it, but i'll pass on them i've already been screwed drafting both Ridley and Vareen

I'm with you all the way here, do not trust BB RBs. Maybe BB goes the other way this year, but I won't want to have to bank on it. I won't mind having Blount on my bench, as long as I had At least 2 RBs I knew I could count on as starters and work horse for their team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like starting guys even at flex that can randomly give you 0-3 points because their coach likes to keep people guessing. While i do think he'll be the Patriots RB1 i doubt he will anywhere near a top 10 RB by seasons end, but who knows :noidea:

Jonas Grey, James White, and Cadet will have random good games. If Blount were on another team i'd probably love him.

nope learned from past experience go ahead and draft him then watch Bellichick screw your season when he randomly sits him week 14 without notice just as the fantasy playoffs start

talk about benching here

and both of them got randomly benched a lot really anytime a RB fumbles in his system he has a chance of being benched and possibly missing games depending on BB's mood

talk about benching here

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My OP wasn't about NE running backs being benched it was DON'T TRUST NE RB's

Steelers , seriously? This is a no-brainer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys arent getting the point, never ever did i say trust them. But tell me why blount cant be the rb1 one on his team and doesnt have the insde track to do it..........because ridley fumbled alot? because vereen was inconsisten in his pass catching/3rd down role? Because gray had 1 awesome game, then did nothing..........whats that tell you(I know what it would tell me if he was that good)..............

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys arent getting the point, never ever did i say trust them. But tell me why blount cant be the rb1 one on his team and doesnt have the insde track to do it..........because ridley fumbled alot? because vereen was inconsisten in his pass catching/3rd down role? Because gray had 1 awesome game, then did nothing..........whats that tell you(I know what it would tell me if he was that good)..............
Because BB likes to change up game to game who gets the rock, that's why.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, he also had draft picks invest in those guys, and most of the "talent" is gone.....
I get you feel Blount is the cream of that RB corp, but it never seems to matter to BB. I swear he likes to change up RBs just to show what a genius he is.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White and Langford can show mad skills in preseason and Fox will still sit their rookie asses down during the regular season. It's just how he is. Barring injury or trade, I don't see anyone coming close to threatening Forte's status.

This season, anyway. ;)

I may have to eat my words on White. Everyone seems to be saying he's assured to be the starter alongside my boy Alshon. Doesn't change my mind about Langford and Forte, though.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you feel Blount is the cream of that RB corp, but it never seems to matter to BB. I swear he likes to change up RBs just to show what a genius he is.

Haha, he is a genius. Best coach in football, although that's best saved for another thread. ;)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im saying more than blount is the cream of the crop......but this is becoming redundant........we'll move on

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is NOT directed at Treff per se, but I'm not fond of the argument about how well a player performed in college as an indicator of how he will play in the NFL.

There are 32 NFL teams with 53-man rosters = 1,696 players.
There are 129 NCAA Division I football programs with 89-man rosters = 10,707 players.

So if the argument that a rookie was a beast or some "athletic freak" in college... maybe that is because he was playing against too many inferior or average (even below-average) athletes!! (Running vanilla offenses.)

NFL is the best of the best. Probably why the average career of an NFL athlete is 4.8 years (courtesy of businessinsider.com) And many of those athletic freaks end up on special teams, or riding the pine. And some even get cut.

right but i think his point is, what leg are you standing on saying a rookie cant run through the gut, when he did it on college, he just hasnt had a chance yet in the pros to say he can , or cant

Yes that's basically what I was saying. If a guy proves he can't do something in college, yeah site, he can't do it in the pros either. But when thes evidence to suggest he could in college, than I want some proof that he can't in the pros, before I say, yea, he can't do this or that.

Really the only known knock on Abdullah is ball security, and he seemed to get dinged up a little too often for my liking. And of course he'll have pass protection isis like 99.9% of rookies do. Other than that, what little actual evidence we have to go off of, suggests he has a good chance at being able to do anything that's asked of him

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers, I'm with you on Blount, the Hoodie had never had a problem sticking with a guy who can consistently produce, and Blount has averaged nearly one TD a game in a patriots uni. I'm not worried about losing his job to any random Belichik stuff

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers, I'm with you on Blount, the Hoodie had never had a problem sticking with a guy who can consistently produce, and Blount has averaged nearly one TD a game in a patriots uni. I'm not worried about losing his job to any random Belichik stuff
Don't forget the turd of a season he produced for the Bucs after looking really promising. And don't forget the blunts. BB seems to do okay with these kinds of guys, but sometimes they still go off the ranch.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this disagreement boils down to using the term differently. Blount can be the Pats RB1 but he wont be a fantasy RB1...big difference.

Admittedly though im coming in late to this party.