• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB value This year

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem assuming Blount to be my every week flex on draft day, wouldn't want him to be my #2, unless it was just a rough draft day.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount is RB26 a starter in bigger leagues with plenty of guy being drafted after him that have just as much up side and that aren't coached by Bellichick. Never said anything about Gurley being a late flier guessing that was meant for someone else. Yes Bell is currently hurt, but Ameer is terrible between the tackles so i wouldn't expect him to take to many of those touches. Jaguars making changes to offense to accommodate Toby is why i think he'll be in a split backfield with Yeldon(don't remember calling Gerhart the starter)

Toby Gerhart fits better in Jacksonville Jaguars' new offense - Jacksonville Jaguars Blog - ESPN

"New offensive coordinator Greg Olson and new offensive line coach Doug Marrone have switched it up in 2015 and are using an inside zone scheme. That's a perfect fit for Gerhart, who was an inside pounder at Stanford and as a backup to Adrian Peterson in Minnesota.

That, plus the fact he's finally healthy, means Gerhart should be able to make the kind of impact on the offense the team thought he could when they gave him a three-year, $10 million contract in free agency.

Gerhart was signed to be the Jaguars' feature back, but an ankle injury suffered in the season opener lingered throughout the season and limited him to 326 yards rushing on 101 carries. His 3.2 yards per carry was the lowest of his career.

The Jaguars drafted T.J. Yeldon in the second round, claimed former Baltimore Ravens back Bernard Pierce off waivers and signed undrafted free agent Corey Grant. Denard Robinson, the team's leading rusher in 2014, is back, as is second-year back Storm Johnson. That means there's a lot of competition for carries, but Gerhart should be able to thrive in the inside zone attack. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry in Minnesota and 5.2 yards per carry in his four-year career at Stanford running between the tackles.

Gerhart also is taking snaps in an H-back role, which he's never done. It's going to get him more involved in the passing game, though, which is one of his strengths. He averaged 8.1 yards per catch on 97 catches in his NFL career.

It appears Gerhart is going to be a big part of the Jaguars' offensive plan in 2015, which may be a surprise to fans who were disappointed in his performance last season."
Agreed with everything you said. .except, you may want to watch a few Husker games from the past few years, Abdullah can run inside just fine, is that his biggest strength? No, but that doesn't mean he can't

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a RB thread so lets just talk about RBs... But lets say you think player A is better than player B, but you like player Bs upside more... would you go with player B over player A...

How about Andre eliington vs CJ spiller...
ellington for me i think he gets MORE carries than spiller, and will still be a big focal point in the passing game......

For me its about whose gonna get the chance.......i think kniles davis is better than ALOT of rb's, wont see me with him except the deepest of leagues, because he doesnt touch the ball enough to be relevant

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount is RB26 a starter in bigger leagues with plenty of guy being drafted after him that have just as much up side and that aren't coached by Bellichick. Never said anything about Gurley being a late flier guessing that was meant for someone else. Yes Bell is currently hurt, but Ameer is terrible between the tackles so i wouldn't expect him to take to many of those touches. Jaguars making changes to offense to accommodate Toby is why i think he'll be in a split backfield with Yeldon(don't remember calling Gerhart the starter)

Toby Gerhart fits better in Jacksonville Jaguars' new offense - Jacksonville Jaguars Blog - ESPN

"New offensive coordinator Greg Olson and new offensive line coach Doug Marrone have switched it up in 2015 and are using an inside zone scheme. That's a perfect fit for Gerhart, who was an inside pounder at Stanford and as a backup to Adrian Peterson in Minnesota.

That, plus the fact he's finally healthy, means Gerhart should be able to make the kind of impact on the offense the team thought he could when they gave him a three-year, $10 million contract in free agency.

Gerhart was signed to be the Jaguars' feature back, but an ankle injury suffered in the season opener lingered throughout the season and limited him to 326 yards rushing on 101 carries. His 3.2 yards per carry was the lowest of his career.

The Jaguars drafted T.J. Yeldon in the second round, claimed former Baltimore Ravens back Bernard Pierce off waivers and signed undrafted free agent Corey Grant. Denard Robinson, the team's leading rusher in 2014, is back, as is second-year back Storm Johnson. That means there's a lot of competition for carries, but Gerhart should be able to thrive in the inside zone attack. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry in Minnesota and 5.2 yards per carry in his four-year career at Stanford running between the tackles.

Gerhart also is taking snaps in an H-back role, which he's never done. It's going to get him more involved in the passing game, though, which is one of his strengths. He averaged 8.1 yards per catch on 97 catches in his NFL career.

It appears Gerhart is going to be a big part of the Jaguars' offensive plan in 2015, which may be a surprise to fans who were disappointed in his performance last season."

Re yeldon

THE TEAM WEBSITE SAID IT

T.J. Yeldon expected to be the starter in Jacksonville | ProFootballTalk

and yes the gurley was to someone else

and what other rb's are expected to be the RB1 in a high octane offense BESIDES blount...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with everything you said. .except, you may want to watch a few Husker games from the past few years, Abdullah can run inside just fine, is that his biggest strength? No, but that doesn't mean he can't
THIS

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure that's true, but, from the end of round 2 to the start of 5 (imho, mid rounds are 5-8, maybe nine), there are 24 picks, 22 if you choose not to count your own. ..plenty of chances for those B types to be plucked over.
i just asying its doable, i did it in dynasty.......in a 12 team league.....Heck most of the ones i got are young too

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may want to watch a few Husker games from the past few years, Abdullah can run inside just fine, is that his biggest strength? No, but that doesn't mean he can't
This is NOT directed at Treff per se, but I'm not fond of the argument about how well a player performed in college as an indicator of how he will play in the NFL.

There are 32 NFL teams with 53-man rosters = 1,696 players.
There are 129 NCAA Division I football programs with 89-man rosters = 10,707 players.

So if the argument that a rookie was a beast or some "athletic freak" in college... maybe that is because he was playing against too many inferior or average (even below-average) athletes!! (Running vanilla offenses.)

NFL is the best of the best. Probably why the average career of an NFL athlete is 4.8 years (courtesy of businessinsider.com) And many of those athletic freaks end up on special teams, or riding the pine. And some even get cut.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is NOT directed at Treff per se, but I'm not fond of the argument about how well a player performed in college as an indicator of how he will play in the NFL.

There are 32 NFL teams with 53-man rosters = 1,696 players.
There are 129 NCAA Division I football programs with 89-man rosters = 10,707 players.

So if the argument that a rookie was a beast or some "athletic freak" in college... maybe that is because he was playing against too many inferior or average (even below-average) athletes!!

NFL is the best of the best. Probably why the average career of an NFL athlete is 4.8 years (courtesy of businessinsider.com) And many of those athletic freaks end up on special teams, or riding the pine. And some even get cut.
right but i think his point is, what leg are you standing on saying a rookie cant run through the gut, when he did it on college, he just hasnt had a chance yet in the pros to say he can , or cant

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically its pick your poison IMO. If you are at the backend of a draft, I see no problem at all going WR-WR. The trustworthy stud RB's are gone by then anyway. ... I wouldn't suggest passing on one of the top 5 RB's in the first if your draft position (or blind luck) allows that opportunity, but the 11th or 12th best RB is typically not going to outscore the #1-3 WR's unless injuries are somehow involved - and risk of injury generally favors the WR anyway since they take less pounding.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one mentions Forte. He may not have too many years left, but I think he will be a beast this season.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assessment of FantasyPros rb4s
31. Ameer Abdullah (DET - RB) Very happy that Detroit picked him think he can have a similar roll to Bernard or Sproles
32. Isaiah Crowell (CLE - RB) Probably gets early down work with Duke Johnson taking over the 3rd down roll as the season progresses (I like udfa RB Malcolm Brown a lot and would be suprised if he ended up doing something in their offense)
33. Chris Ivory (NYJ - RB) I probably wouldn't draft him unless he fell i think Ridley will take his job once hes healthy and he can be had at a much cheaper price
34. Doug Martin (TB - RB) In a battle for the starting roll with Sims i faiver him because hes produced good numbers in the past, but again probably don't take him unless he falls
35. Devonta Freeman (ATL - RB) Has the starting job for now, but Tevin will take the early down work at some point
36. Shane Vereen (NYG - RB) Always liked him, but like him even more now that he doesn't have to deal with Bellichicks BS steal at rb36
37. Bishop Sankey (TEN - RB) I don't trust Titasn RBs going to avoid him for now
38. Ryan Mathews (PHI - RB) Would take him as a cuff to Murray or if he fell
39. Tre Mason (STL - RB) Don't like him think they should kept Zac Stacy as insurance until Gurley takes over
40. Charles Sims (TB - RB) see Doug Martin

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what other rb's are expected to be the RB1 in a high octane offense BESIDES blount...

I just don't like starting guys even at flex that can randomly give you 0-3 points because their coach likes to keep people guessing. While i do think he'll be the Patriots RB1 i doubt he will anywhere near a top 10 RB by seasons end, but who knows :noidea:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust rookies period.
For every Andrew Luck there are dozens of JaMarcus Russells.
How come undrafted Kurt Warner & Willie Parker who might have been meh in college can have success, but Curtis Enis, Maurice Clarett, and Todd Marinovich (all first-round picks) didn't do squat after amazing college careers? (And that's the short list.)

From my point of view, what they did in college is what they did in college. NFL is a whole new animal. They need to prove it first.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like starting guys even at flex that can randomly give you 0-3 points because their coach likes to keep people guessing. While i do think he'll be the Patriots RB1 i doubt he will anywhere near a top 10 RB by seasons end, but who knows :noidea:
vereen and ridley are gone, theres not much else there, i once again say gray had ONE GREAT game and nothing else...........trung candidate did too

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust rookies period.
For every Andrew Luck there are dozens of JaMarcus Russells.
How come undrafted Kurt Warner & Willie Parker who might have been meh in college can have success, but Curtis Enis, Maurice Clarett, and Todd Marinovich (all first-round picks) didn't do squat after amazing college careers? (And that's the short list.)

From my point of view, what they did in college is what they did in college. NFL is a whole new animal. They need to prove it first.

clarett went to the broncos in the third i believe

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vereen and ridley are gone, theres not much else there, i once again say gray had ONE GREAT game and nothing else...........trung candidate did too

Jonas Grey, James White, and Cadet will have random good games. If Blount were on another team i'd probably love him.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assumption?
nope learned from past experience go ahead and draft him then watch Bellichick screw your season when he randomly sits him week 14 without notice just as the fantasy playoffs start