• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB Reclamation

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson has image problems. McFadden just sucks, but his speed is enough someone still gives him a payday.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he sucks yet he will cost pretty much what CJ will. that makes alot of sense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would go from a strength to outright dominant, though. I don't think the money has much shot of working out, but if he was cheap? That backfield would be one of the best in the league, IMO.

Our backfield is already one of the best in the leaugue. At the beginning of the year I said they are the best. Bolden has been hurt most of the year, same with Vereen. I say sign them all and ignore others cast-offs. We have other needs to look at.

Bolden as our #4 is rediculous. Give him another (healthy) year and he'll be hard to keep on the sidelines. We are set!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our backfield is already one of the best in the leaugue. At the beginning of the year I said they are the best. Bolden has been hurt most of the year, same with Vereen. I say sign them all and ignore others cast-offs. We have other needs to look at.

Bolden as our #4 is rediculous. Give him another (healthy) year and he'll be hard to keep on the sidelines. We are set!

I agree we really don't need another back and if we lose Blount we can draft a RB cheaper then a FA pick up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcfadden is a very talented rb playing on a bad team that gives him the ball 30 times a game. he gets banged up, especially when the other teams sole goal is to stop him with oakland having no other weapons to care about. a change of scenery and reduced role is what he needs. theres no way i would keep ridley or boldin over him. we already have 3 starting power type backs and only one dynamic change of pace back in vereen. keep blount as starter back him up with ridley OR boldin and add mcfadden. thats 2 starting powerback and 2 dynamic change of pace backs. much better than what we got now, and better than paying chris johnson an arm and leg to cry about blount getting all the carries.

Thats what I'm talking about!
Very well put briz.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden would be a horrible decision. Not only do you have to look at the injury history but what those injuries have now done to his game. A couple of years ago I would have agreed that he was a guy worth taking a chance on but watching him this year his foot injury has taken all of his explosive ability away. Now not saying he can't get better but from what I understand with his injury he will never be quite the back that he was before. If you are going to spend the money might as well get a guy like Chris Johnson who is still producing even if he does have a loud mouth.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep blount as starter back him up with ridley OR boldin and add Johnson thats 2 starting powerback and 2 dynamic change of pace backs.
a change of scenery and reduced role is what he needs. theres no way i would keep ridley or boldin over him..

Again...I am refering to CJ 1k here, not McFadden.
With the pipe dream of Johnson taking a reduced role/paycut to play for a contender.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Chris Johnson, quite simply, if they believe he'll buy in as a Patriot, and his price is manageable, go for it.

For McFadden... I don't know. He'd have to be receiving a low end salary to be worth the risk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Chris Johnson, quite simply, if they believe he'll buy in as a Patriot, and his price is manageable, go for it.

For McFadden... I don't know. He'd have to be receiving a low end salary to be worth the risk.

If you have the big money to sign CJ, you have the small money to sign Blount. We all think Blount is good but he has shown a short burst of greatness. Nobody is really sure enought that he is all that from a couple of good games. A good season and he'll get good bucks. Our coaches know what he really has - everybody else is guessing. How much is that worth?

Blount is happy for the first time in his career. He even gets along with BB. I think he knows that he is going to be a big feature HERE next year and his career will move forward. Taking "medium bucks" and going somewhere else? Make him a reasonable offer and I think he stays. A little more help on the line and we could be brutal!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, most of us were implying both. But if CJ's big money he doesn't come here. That was more if his (unearned IMO) reputation makes it hard to find a sticking spot.