• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Violence shouldn't be condoned, but a 220 pound man knocking the shit out of a 110 pound woman results in a lot more severe injury than vice-versa. So, pretending it's all the same in REALITY and CONSEQUENCES is bullshit.

Why does a person's size have that much to do with the damage they can give out (not saying it doesn't have ANY effect). Bruce Lee was 135 pounds and I guarantee he could kick 95% of the male population's ass with ease.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does a person's size have that much to do with the damage they can give out (not saying it doesn't have ANY effect). Bruce Lee was 135 pounds and I guarantee he could kick 95% of the male population's ass with ease.

Don't outsmart yourself. Apply common sense and practicality instead of searching for extreme exceptions to blunt the impact of what has happened. :L

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the bigger story is how the hell did he not get charged with an actual crime? Instead of the slap on the wrist he got from the prosecutors office.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO chance the league didn't have this video when handing down the sentence. There is no way the prosecution didn't have it either.

Ray Rice is a piece of shit, the fiancee is a dipshit for staying with him, and the Ravens are cowards for not releasing him right now. And yes, I feel the same way about my team and Brent

100% agree. Roger is chickenshit for not banning that piece of shit for life, the Ravens are as well, and yeah, Jerry may be the worstof all for panting like a virgin on prom night for Brent to come off his suspension

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the bigger story is how the hell did he not get charged with an actual crime? Instead of the slap on the wrist he got from the prosecutors office.

That is another HUGE part of this story.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a good point. Usually with these things if the woman recants or won't testify against him they drop it, but the video changes everything. They didn't need her testimony.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. Usually with these things if the woman recants or won't testify against him they drop it, but the video changes everything. They didn't need her testimony.

You would think the prosecutors office already had this video though. If they didn't it would probably be because they didn't want to find it.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't outsmart yourself. Apply common sense and practicality instead of searching for extreme exceptions to blunt the impact of what has happened. :L

I made that point to show that size isn't everything when it comes to fighting or who can deal the most damage. Of course in this particular instance Ray is much stronger than his wife so she couldn't have given as much as she got. But saying a woman knocking a man out isn't as bad as the other way around no matter the circumstances is wrong to me and is the main point I'm trying to make.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said in Australia they don't show violence of women in any context on their tv or news. they don't have a problem. we in the usa do

If they don't show it in the news, then how do the know it isn't a problem? The only reason most of us know is because of the news.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just reported at least one person inside the organization had seen the video....no elaboration on who it was.

It was a person with an odd name, I think his name was "Entire Frontoffice"

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct. Another story is how the hell did the police allow them to leave together that night? This is what I relied upon when not making assumptions about what happened on the elevator.

Everything pointed to it not being as horrific as it is.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right from the start they (the legal authorities ?) said there was video of the altercation in the elevator but the issue was settled so they were not going to make it public. Now the NFL is claiming this is the first time they've seen it. Is that possible ? If they're BS'ing it's bound to come out and should cost Goodell his job.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Another story is how the hell did the police allow them to leave together that night? This is what I relied upon when not making assumptions about what happened on the elevator.

Everything pointed to it not being as horrific as it is.

My understanding has always been that if the cops are called to a domestic disturbance, SOMEONE always leaves with the police and typically to jail. Even if it was a misunderstanding, cops don't let the two parties stay together.

Yet in this case where it was obvious that video likely existed and I can't imagine there were no marks on that chicks face, the police get starstruck and let them leave together. What a crock of crap.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice should be released by the Ravens. Just having him on the roster is going to bring an enormous shit storm of negative press, as well as having to deal with this week in and week out.

I can say without hesitation, if Baltimore keeps Rice on the team and I had spent money on merchandise baring Rice's name -- I would be contacting the organization and requesting a refund or the ability to swap the jersey out for another player, ESPECIALLY if I had bought the jersey for my son or daughter.

I have a feeling, once the team is flooded by negative press from not only the writers, but their OWN fans. Rice will be looking for another job and I don't see anyone coming near him, any time soon. Maybe he can go play in the Lingerie Football League -- he has already shown he has no problem hitting women.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Privately, top reporters were told in no uncertain terms that the video existed, that the NFL had seen it, that it showed Janay Palmer acting violently toward Rice, and that, if released, it would go some way toward mitigating the anger against him. One of the league's most devoted mouthpieces, based on what his sources had told him, described the video for us in an off-the-record email. The implication was clear: If you saw this video, you'd know why Rice only got two games.

They were wrong in a big way. Wow. Stupid fucks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is saying they were not given access to this video and that no one in the front office, including Goodell saw it prior to the suspension decision being handed down.

Legal consultants have weighed in and said clearly there is zero chance that the legal system, league, or team can hand down any further punishment in this case. The rules of double jeopardy apply in the courts and any attempt to change his league sentence now, especially when he has already begun serving it, would be tossed out in the courts on challenges. The NFLPA would have a field day with it.

It was also reported Rice still has $9m left in guaranteed money on his contract. Even the team cutting him would likely be challenged in court and won for more damages.

The league screwed itself big time with this lame sentence. It's one of the worst PR blunders in the history of the league and they have no recourse to mitigate any of it in damage control.

The Ravens can't cut him, but they sure don't have to play him. If he does see a down he will be booed loudly even by his own fans.

Goodell needs to go. Needed to for other reasons anyway, but no way the owners can hold on to him now. This situation has poisoned the climate for their league and you cut off the head of the snake that got you there if you want out from under it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is saying they were not given access to this video and that no one in the front office, including Goodell saw it prior to the suspension decision being handed down.

Legal consultants have weighed in and said clearly there is zero chance that the legal system, league, or team can hand down any further punishment in this case. The rules of double jeopardy apply in the courts and any attempt to change his league sentence now, especially when he has already begun serving it, would be tossed out in the courts on challenges. The NFLPA would have a field day with it.

It was also reported Rice still has $9m left in guaranteed money on his contract. Even the team cutting him would likely be challenged in court and won for more damages.

The league screwed itself big time with this lame sentence. It's one of the worst PR blunders in the history of the league and they have no recourse to mitigate any of it in damage control.

The Ravens can't cut him, but they sure don't have to play him. If he does see a down he will be booed loudly even by his own fans.

Goodell needs to go. Needed to for other reasons anyway, but no way the owners can hold on to him now. This situation has poisoned the climate for their league and you cut off the head of the snake that got you there if you want out from under it.

sadly you are probably right. The NFL likely thought "we have the tape, we will never release it, so lets do what we want and get a star back out there".

I hope this bites Goodell right in the ass

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddell has talked about getting the call wrong. Maybe he'll use the emergence of this video as grounds to extend the suspension indefinitely. He should be out of the league.