• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to agree with the thought that if Goodell saw this and thought 2 games was sufficient he should step down.

I want to hear the Rice defenders after they watch the video.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at ESPN. Wow. Just a month ago they would NOT show the Paul George injury because they deemed it "too disturbing" and "too graphic". Yet in the last several weeks they have been showing the video of Tony Stewart killing a guy over and over again and now they've got the Ray Rice video on loop on First Take. What the hell are they thinking?

And of course the morons on First Take are calling this video "the darkest moment in NFL history". Really? I mean, beating a woman is not fucking cool. But Dante Stallworth killed a guy while driving under the influence.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twist is, the NFL can't punish him again for it. The union would go nuts.

Harbaugh wont cut him or punish him.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Can't wait to hear what some of the Ravens fans claiming "We don't know what happened inside the elevator" have to say about this...

I predict a lot of post dodging in this thread.

This is WAY worse than anyone could ever surmise given the actions of the NJ police that night (allowing the two to leave together), the NJ court system (just how hard do you have to hit a woman to end up in jail), and the NFL (did they seriously not think this video would come out).

I made my feelings clear about Ray Rice when this first came out. I thought he really showed his true colors on the field last year. He was quite simply a trash talking punk. This being said, I wasn't going to simply make assumptions about what happened on the elevator, when EVERYBODY'S handling of the situation made it seem like there were other factors in play.

Now that I have the whole picture...I will be extremely unhappy if he ever plays a down for the Ravens again. I would prefer suffering through a 0-16 season if that is what it would take.

BTW...it was absolutely chilling to see the complete lack of emotion from Rice after she fell to the floor. There is 0.0% chance this was his first incident and 0.0% chance this will be his last.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ravens were smart they would flat out release the guy! But they aren't that smart and won't do it. Also Goddell needs to step down if true that he had access to this video, which I am sure he did.
Definltely... Goodell has to be removed if that is the case. The 2 game suspension had a lot of speculation, but now that all doubt has been removed it looks terrible on the NFL, and Goodell.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that video Im so sick of my stomach and for any Ravens fans that cheered that SOB or defended him should be ashamed of themselves. Just pathetic. Just saying.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to hear a few posters reply

Yeah this ^. It was funny reading some of his defenders going on about how women usually start it and a man has a right to defend himself if she's hitting and/or kicking him. It's pretty clear that he just jacked her up because he didn't like what she was saying. Maybe that's ok with them too. :noidea:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl is claiming they couldn't get the video released to them but tmz could. pretty embarrassing. goodell should just suspend rice for the yr and let the players union fight it while looking like a-holes

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl is claiming they couldn't get the video released to them but tmz could. pretty embarrassing. goodell should just suspend rice for the yr and let the players union fight it while looking like a-holes

I'm surprised Goodell didn't grab the video before it got out and burn it like he did with the Spygate tapes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is WAY worse than anyone could ever surmise given the actions of the NJ police that night (allowing the two to leave together), the NJ court system (just how hard do you have to hit a woman to end up in jail), and the NFL (did they seriously not think this video would come out).

I made my feelings clear about Ray Rice when this first came out. I thought he really showed his true colors on the field last year. He was quite simply a trash talking punk. This being said, I wasn't going to simply make assumptions about what happened on the elevator, when EVERYBODY'S handling of the situation made it seem like there were other factors in play.

Now that I have the whole picture...I will be extremely unhappy if he ever plays a down for the Ravens again. I would prefer suffering through a 0-16 season if that is what it would take.

BTW...it was absolutely chilling to see the complete lack of emotion from Rice after she fell to the floor. There is 0.0% chance this was his first incident and 0.0% chance this will be his last.

Couldn't agree with this more.

It was all speculation about Big Ben years ago with the r*pe accusations. But I felt the same way when it was happening, that if it was true and he was found guilty that I would not want to be a fan of a franchise that employs trash like that. It was a really embarrassing time.

I couldn't believe that Rice did that, and then spewed bullshit to the media. Sure he took the right actions to cover his ass and get back in the good graces of the NFL, but now that the evidence has been shown he should be more severely punished. This is a huge embarrassment for the NFL, the Ravens, and Rice.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One specific ravens fan I'm sure won't show up here

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO chance the league didn't have this video when handing down the sentence. There is no way the prosecution didn't have it either.

Ray Rice is a piece of shit, the fiancee is a dipshit for staying with him, and the Ravens are cowards for not releasing him right now. And yes, I feel the same way about my team and Brent

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the video on TMZ and after seeing it I think the league has to go back and give him a harsher punishment, Goodell isn't gonna have much of a choice. I don't know if it should end Rice's career, but it almost has to end his season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That video is very disturbing. Ray Rice is a total POS.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut. His. Ass. No freaking way this was a one time thing. If the Ravens don't sit his ass for the rest of the season AT THE LEAST it's unforgivable. I really hope nobody on the Ravens or the NFL saw this before backing him.

And some of you have a very loose definition of "defender"

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO chance the league didn't have this video when handing down the sentence. There is no way the prosecution didn't have it either.

Ray Rice is a piece of shit, the fiancee is a dipshit for staying with him, and the Ravens are cowards for not releasing him right now. And yes, I feel the same way about my team and Brent

That's something else I think this does, the Ravens almost have to get rid of him now.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's all I have to say.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the Ravens or the NFL will do anything with this new tape coming out.

I hope I'm wrong. I said from the outset he deserved at least 8 games and 2 was a slap on the wrist.

Can we be honest? Did we really need to see the tape to know what happened in the elevator? Didn't we already assume this is what happened?

I don't believe Roger Goodell can just add more weeks to the punishment - as much as I'd like to see it. Don't count on the Ravens FO to do anything as "Punchy" is their star RB.

Should Ray Rice be suspended more than just 2 games? Yes, but we already knew that.

Will he? No.