• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rawls out for the season

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give this kid a chance. He should get all the first team reps this week so maybe we'll see a difference next team.

Exactly my thoughts. And Baltimore is a top 10 run D this season. They seemed to start to focus heavily on the run after Rawls just tore through them early. There was a LOT of one on one coverage down the field the entire game after the 1st quarter and once Wilson warmed up he made them pay.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DuJuan Harris actually ran a 4.37 40 time. So in terms of speed he is pretty damn fast.

The problem with Harris is he doesn't hit the hole and set up blockers like Rawls did. He lacks the patience and footwork that Marshawn has. And he has no power at all.

I remember Harris had some decent games with GB. Maybe with a week of practice his vision and decision making will improve. I have hopes for Harris.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DuJuan Harris actually ran a 4.37 40 time. So in terms of speed he is pretty damn fast.

The problem with Harris is he doesn't hit the hole and set up blockers like Rawls did. He lacks the patience and footwork that Marshawn has. And he has no power at all.

I remember Harris had some decent games with GB. Maybe with a week of practice his vision and decision making will improve. I have hopes for Harris.

We just need about 3 yards per carry and a dude that doesn't get hit for big losses or coughs the ball up the next couple of weeks. The Browns are awful and the Rams have imploded. Hopefully the last game of the season means nothing for us.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need about 3 yards per carry and a dude that doesn't get hit for big losses or coughs the ball up the next couple of weeks. The Browns are awful and the Rams have imploded. Hopefully the last game of the season means nothing for us.

and before the garbage minutes of the 4th quarter, he was achieving the 3 yards(avg) per carry. I say give him a week of preparation and then grade him. Obviously, I'd rather have Lynch or Rawls right now but Harris is on the team for a reason....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to hear this about Rawls.

But this offense is legit right now. OL is giving Russ a pocket and he is simply gashing defenses.

Hopefully Beastmode is back for the playoffs.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles have a RB that is about
To get cut....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it takes until the playoffs to get Lynch back up to speed, then that's how long it takes. If he's ready to go before that, though, I would prefer to play him at least a little bit if for no other reason than to shake the rust off and see how he runs behind the offensive line as it's currently functioning. The downside, of course, is that by playing him in week 17, you risk him getting hurt again before the playoffs the following week. It won't be an easy decision if he's ready to go by week 17.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it takes until the playoffs to get Lynch back up to speed, then that's how long it takes. If he's ready to go before that, though, I would prefer to play him at least a little bit if for no other reason than to shake the rust off and see how he runs behind the offensive line as it's currently functioning. The downside, of course, is that by playing him in week 17, you risk him getting hurt again before the playoffs the following week. It won't be an easy decision if he's ready to go by week 17.

If ready to go by week 17, I say play him in the first half to shake off the rust.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto....

My guess was that the drop sealed his fate more than anything else.

You're probably right but I still would have given him a chance. Bryce Brown has fumble issues too.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right but I still would have given him a chance. Bryce Brown has fumble issues too.

I'm not sure it's just the fumbles. As was mentioned earlier, Harris just wasn't powerful enough to produce any yards after contact - and his 2.33 yards per carry aren't gonna give the coaches any confidence. Brown has more power to get through arm tackles, and that's really what makes this offense tick, even with Wilson playing out of his mind. If Harris would have managed 70 or more yards on his 18 carries, he may still be with the team.

Now fumbles are always a concern - and I hope he's cleaned that up, but 4 of his 5 career fumbles came while playing for a 2012 Philadelphia Eagles squad that put the ball on the ground 37 times during the season, so it could have been a culture thing (cause he definitely wasn't the only one guilty of it that year). Since the Dallas Cowboy game in 2012 - he's fumbled just once in 182 offensive touches, so let's hope that fumbling won't be his issue moving forward (for at least this season).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff guys. Informative.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's just the fumbles. As was mentioned earlier, Harris just wasn't powerful enough to produce any yards after contact - and his 2.33 yards per carry aren't gonna give the coaches any confidence. Brown has more power to get through arm tackles, and that's really what makes this offense tick, even with Wilson playing out of his mind. If Harris would have managed 70 or more yards on his 18 carries, he may still be with the team.

Now fumbles are always a concern - and I hope he's cleaned that up, but 4 of his 5 career fumbles came while playing for a 2012 Philadelphia Eagles squad that put the ball on the ground 37 times during the season, so it could have been a culture thing (cause he definitely wasn't the only one guilty of it that year). Since the Dallas Cowboy game in 2012 - he's fumbled just once in 182 offensive touches, so let's hope that fumbling won't be his issue moving forward (for at least this season).

Solid points blstoker! The other thing I hope Brown does better is putting his head down for those tough yards up the middle. No doubt he has speed and power, but another knock on him was he couldn't get those tough yards that we see Lynch get time after time. Let's hope he's improved in these areas and can fill in nicely until Lynch comes back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are bad at stopping the run so should be interesting to see how this plays out. Seahawks should be able to run against them who ever the RB is, still I think the passing game is what ends up winning this game. Expect a big day from Wilson and company.