• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rawls out for the season

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris wasn't a huge liability. That's about the best you can say about his performance today. He did fumble away points, but after that he was ok, getting a few yards or so most of the time. Is that all we need with the way the passing game is rolling? Yeah, maybe. But you can bet the coaches are looking at the watch and counting down the time until Lynch can play. Before today they were probably enjoying the luxury of being patient with his rehab, not even really sure where on the map Lynch even was (if you listened to PC's presser). That changed a bit today.
Sounds about right. Like you said, as long as Rawls was rolling no need to rush Lynch recovery. Now they need him for the playoffs, in the mean time they will consider their options between Jackson, Coleman and Harris. Most likely a RB by committee. Think we can get by with that in the short term, probably see Wilson throwing more then usual. Still, I think once they have to go against teams like the Panthers, the Seahawks will want a running attack. Hope Lynch can make it back and still be good.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. Like you said, as long as Rawls was rolling no need to rush Lynch recovery. Now they need him for the playoffs, in the mean time they will consider their options between Jackson, Coleman and Harris. Most likely a RB by committee. Think we can get by with that in the short term, probably see Wilson throwing more then usual. Still, I think once they have to go against teams like the Panthers, the Seahawks will want a running attack. Hope Lynch can make it back and still be good.
Of course. But we have at least 4 games before a potential matchup with the Panthers or the Cardinals in the playoffs. If all we do these next two weeks on offense is take the current personnel and same approach, with the way Russell is rolling we will easily beat both Cleveland and the Rams. There's no rush to get Lynch back in there before week 17, but for sure he's going to be a big part of our playoff push. Just imagine adding a healthy Lynch to a passing attack that is averaging 4 TDs a game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. But we have at least 4 games before a potential matchup with the Panthers or the Cardinals in the playoffs. If all we do these next two weeks on offense is take the current personnel and same approach, with the way Russell is rolling we will easily beat both Cleveland and the Rams. There's no rush to get Lynch back in there before week 17, but for sure he's going to be a big part of our playoff push. Just imagine adding a healthy Lynch to a passing attack that is averaging 4 TDs a game.

The only thing I'm worried about is going back to the old playbook once Lynch gets back in there. They changed things up with Rawls and it's obviously working. Hopefully it isn't back to what we know doesn't work when he does get back.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good weekend for us. The Vikings lose one more game (and they probably will) and we might be resting starters the last game of the regular season against the Cards.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I'm worried about is going back to the old playbook once Lynch gets back in there. They changed things up with Rawls and it's obviously working. Hopefully it isn't back to what we know doesn't work when he does get back.
Did they change it up, or is it just OL coming together making the overall execution better? We are too far away to really know for sure what they've changed, if anything. We are passing more, for sure. Not sure we are running different plays though. They're just working way better now that RW isn't under siege.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good weekend for us. The Vikings lose one more game (and they probably will) and we might be resting starters the last game of the regular season against the Cards.

Vikings play Bears and Giants at home next 2 weeks, they won't lose before the Green Bay game. That means the Hawks will have to play their starters against Cards.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we still have Christine Michaels phone number?

He's on the Redskins PS...

Donald Brown is a veteran that sticks out to me on that list that would fit into our style...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they change it up, or is it just OL coming together making the overall execution better? We are too far away to really know for sure what they've changed, if anything. We are passing more, for sure. Not sure we are running different plays though. They're just working way better now that RW isn't under siege.

It seems to be less read/option, more power formations, less out routes, better protection (this has to be #1), Baldwin emerging, Lockett stretching the field, and Wilson being comfortable with the progression. Just stick with what's working. Lynch will run the ball however you line him up. Hopefully Minny loses another one and we win the next two so we can just rest guys in Arizona and go on a real run in the playoffs.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off... I so want Lynch to be playing soon. Secondly, we are being negative towards Harris based on one game. I trust Pete to look at the film to determine whether Harris can fill in until Lynch is back or not.
Harris just seems to be too indecisive. Doesn't hit the holes quick enough.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris just seems to be too indecisive. Doesn't hit the holes quick enough.

Look at the position he was put in though. Hey, we picked you up! Congrats! Hey! You're now the featured back! Congrats! They need to bring in a couple of guys and let things sort themselves out. I won't judge him on this because it must have been like "HOLY SHIT!"

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say for the next two games let's just turn into the Steelers, Saints, or Patriots and just chuck it every time and see what kind of crazy numbers RW can put up, then we'll get Lynch back and give the opponent all sorts of things to worry about.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say for the next two games let's just turn into the Steelers, Saints, or Patriots and just chuck it every time and see what kind of crazy numbers RW can put up, then we'll get Lynch back and give the opponent all sorts of things to worry about.
That could be fun to watch. Wilson is looking like he's worth every penny the Seahawks gave him. Wonder if folks like @cezero and @droider will eat crow or if they will just keep quiet.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's too bad about Rawls. Damn what a season he was having. I am looking forward to his future in Seattle. For now I'm glad the Seahawks have Cleveland and St. Louis coming up at home. They should be able to win both at less than full strength.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup and use the short passing game and check downs as our "runs"

That's Fred Jackson's strength anyways.

Today (after Rawls went down) it felt like every time we ran the ball it was an automatic wasted down