• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obtaining a resource like Higgins opposite Tmac is just what this offense needs. I know, the defense is struggling. No shit! It would be long term as stated he is 25. Another important piece on offense, thus allowing AP to focus on the defense next off season. I agree that you have to look at the big picture and building a team is not simply moving pieces on a chess board. You have to know how to really play the game using all strategies to do so.
Trust me, if analytically or financially obtaining Higgins doesn't make sense, AP & Co won't do it. If it does in their long-term vision of making this team a competitor year in and year out for Superbowl's, then a deadline deal will be made. We shall see.
The question is why give up assets and cap when you only have to give up cap ? Our wrs are not an issue at all at this point

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up draft capital and signing a 30 year old player who appears to have character issues to a huge deal so he can help you right now would be the definition of a quick fix no?
Tee Higgins is 25 years old.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tee Higgins is good enough to be a first round pick. His expense means i do not give up a first. I would do a third for sure and could be convinced of a second.
Spot on man! This guy is still only 25 years old, a seasoned top notch veteran and as you've mentioned, a cost/ benefit bonanza.
I'm not sure about that 2nd though. How about if we agree on a conditional 3rd?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is why give up assets and cap when you only have to give up cap ? Our wrs are not an issue at all at this point
Look around the league dad. Every team worth their salt has a decent 1-2 at WR and sometimes even a 3rd. While we are competitive at this point. if adding pieces to improve now, you do it. Not wait around until a possible 2nd - 5th round WR is selected and you hope pans out. Sometimes you have to give up assets to gain assets. Our WR's are ok but outside Tmac, it's a stretch to say we couldn't use a Higgins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on man! This guy is still only 25 years old, a seasoned top notch veteran and as you've mentioned, a cost/ benefit bonanza.
I'm not sure about that 2nd though. How about if we agree on a conditional 3rd?

I won’t cry because I think we are picking late 2nd.