• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The
Opportunity isn’t there and knowing when to strike and when not to is important . We talked about Deshawn Watson and look at that fiasco . Would have set the franchise back 1/2 a decade .

By a simple cost / benefit analysis is doesn’t pay
The opportunity IS there and any cost/benefit analysis supports this move. Remember, he's a top-flight WR on most teams, 25 years old, not seeking an exorbitant annual salary, can be signed for the same amount of time that your rookie QB has left on his contract, won't cost more than a third-round pick to acquire. Would be in place when your current top receiver is either moved or retired (TM turns 31 next September 15th). It's an exceptional return for a third-round pick. (even with the cost added to re-sign him) Give me a brief look at your CBA.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opportunity IS there and any cost/benefit analysis supports this move. Remember, he's a top-flight WR on most teams, 25 years old, not seeking an exorbitant annual salary, can be signed for the same amount of time that your rookie QB has left on his contract, won't cost more than a third-round pick to acquire. Would be in place when your current top receiver is either moved or retired (TM turns 31 next September 15th). It's an exceptional return for a third-round pick. (even with the cost added to re-sign him) Give me a brief look at your CBA.
I can draft a top flight wr , and it’s cheaper

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can wait to sign him next year and that’s cheaper

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like St. Juste. I like him as my corner 2, not my corner 1. I love him as my corner 4. Don't blame St. Juste, the 3rd round corner for not being a #1 that travels. We had all the money in the world and we chose to gamble on Forbes.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea how they came up with this pie chart thru 6 games since BRob didn’t play but it does present a point. His presence makes a difference. I’ve mentioned before that KK has said that his ideal game plan consists of a min 25 run plays (amongst all players) That’s the sauce to keeping the O churning really nicely

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! You would pass on the sure thing for complete uncertainty because it's cheaper!
Tee Higgins may or may not be a sure thing , certainly he isn’t going anywhere this year . The thing is I don’t need to trade assets for him when he will be available next off season

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's deceptive to use the term "quick fix!"
Giving up draft capital and signing a 30 year old player who appears to have character issues to a huge deal so he can help you right now would be the definition of a quick fix no?

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obtaining a resource like Higgins opposite Tmac is just what this offense needs. I know, the defense is struggling. No shit! It would be long term as stated he is 25. Another important piece on offense, thus allowing AP to focus on the defense next off season. I agree that you have to look at the big picture and building a team is not simply moving pieces on a chess board. You have to know how to really play the game using all strategies to do so.
Trust me, if analytically or financially obtaining Higgins doesn't make sense, AP & Co won't do it. If it does in their long-term vision of making this team a competitor year in and year out for Superbowl's, then a deadline deal will be made. We shall see.