• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see the point of making huge moves to perhaps win a playoff game and then come next year the advantages you had are gone via draft and cap space .

Coach our guys and take the opportunity to really build a long term contender
You do it because you've improved your product and the draft and cap advantages that you have remain with fewer gaps to fill next year. New packages don't always bring better gifts.

It's interesting that you seem to believe a long term contender only comes from the draft and free agency. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that every current SB contender had made at least one significant trade to bolster their chances.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is can you win a superbowl this year with Higgins and Reddick . If so make the moves Anything less makes it a fools errand
Nobody is asking that question! This team is building (not rebuilding) Higgins at 25 years old would be a significant building block, Reddick, not so much.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see anything wrong with signing either of those guys, but I dont particularly like the idea of trading draft capital for either of them, especially for what it might take to get Higgins.

Higgins is a better play if he’ll sign a multiyear deal.

AP believes in signing a lot of one year deals too, hence the immense amount of short term free agents he signed last offseason.

You want to improve your current team and not hamstring your future teams.

Obviously next offseason will probably focus on building up the defense primarily, in the same way that this year was about building up the offense (JD, Ertz, Coleman, Ekeler, trading Dotson, OZ, McNichols, Biadasz, Aleghretti, Luke, Sinnott, noah brown).

The difference seems to be that we finally have an excellent qb, so on that side of the ball it’s about weapons and protection, whereas the other side needs help at all levels.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is asking that question! This team is building (not rebuilding) Higgins at 25 years old would be a significant building block, Reddick, not so much.
Well this is where we differ , we are rebuilding , we are also seemingly ahead of schedule. If that is true we have the cap space and draft capital to build a dynasty . I am not giving that up for short term gratification and be left wanting . It doesn’t make economic sense, it’s poor resource management, and it lacks long term vision .

I can add that building block next off season or the equal to a Higgins or Reddick via the draft or FA ,

It looks like I am making the playoffs with what i have flawed as it may be .

So the question HAS to be can I win a superbowl THIS year if I get them on my team this year and sabotage a great chance at a long term dynasty I have in place now . The only reason to get them this year is to WIN a superbowl THIS year ,

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst outcome for us and Jon :(

Get well soon

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a couple penalty flags thrown on him that were bad yesterday. Regardless, not his best game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime it’s a pec it’s season ending . I said at
The time he was lost for the year

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, season ending confirmed

Allen has one more year left on his contract, but there's no guaranteed money so the Commanders would save $17 million on their salary cap if they released him.

If Payne, Mathis and Newton step up for this season, could yesterday be Allen last game here? 17 million is very nice savings.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any of you thinking replacing Jon is easy...

that said, it would be great if we could see a jump in production from Newton and Mathis

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any of you thinking replacing Jon is easy...

that said, it would be great if we could see a jump in production from Newton and Mathis

fell out of favor with me after his tantrum last season.to hell with him.he,s a millionaire playing a kids game.gtfup.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is where we differ , we are rebuilding , we are also seemingly ahead of schedule. If that is true we have the cap space and draft capital to build a dynasty . I am not giving that up for short term gratification and be left wanting . It doesn’t make economic sense, it’s poor resource management, and it lacks long term vision .

I can add that building block next off season or the equal to a Higgins or Reddick via the draft or FA ,

It looks like I am making the playoffs with what i have flawed as it may be .

So the question HAS to be can I win a superbowl THIS year if I get them on my team this year and sabotage a great chance at a long term dynasty I have in place now . The only reason to get them this year is to WIN a superbowl THIS year ,
33 of the 53 current players are new to this organization, at what point does one go from rebuild to build especially when you claim that they are "seemingly ahead of schedule?"

I don't know why you seem stuck on seeing a 25 year old as " short term gratification."

You're also hoping to get equal to either of those guys in the draft or free agency, you suggest that it's a certainty and it's not!

Once again, no one is talking SB this year except you and that's only because you're creating support for something that doesn't exist. So, to be clear, Higgins is 25 years old and would be a significant building block for years to come, not just this year and certainly not traded for to win a SB this year. That perspective is nonsense!

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 of the 53 current players are new to this organization, at what point does one go from rebuild to build especially when you claim that they are "seemingly ahead of schedule?"

I don't know why you seem stuck on seeing a 25 year old as " short term gratification."

You're also hoping to get equal to either of those guys in the draft or free agency, you suggest that it's a certainty and it's not!

Once again, no one is talking SB this year except you and that's only because you're creating support for something that doesn't exist. So, to be clear, Higgins is 25 years old and would be a significant building block for years to come, not just this year and certainly not traded for to win a SB this year. That perspective is nonsense!
sb is the longest of longshots for us.