• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz, Deion and Hatynesworth weren't trades. They were FA signings. Far as Wentz n Alex. go. What was so short-cut about Smith becoming a Skins player exactly? Yeah, they tried fuckin Kirk, but he fucked them instead and then signed with Minn gettin while the gettin was good. So what were the Skins supposed to do? They were picking 12 or 13 in the draft that year and some of the QBs coming out were Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Josh Allen was a sleeper n Lamar Jackson, who was the only QB drafted in the 1st rd after the Skins had picked @ 12 or 13. I don't recall any posters on this board saying we needed to draft one of those QBs. So the Skins, got lucky really n traded CB Kendall Fulller and a 3rd rd pick for AS.. An adequate starting CB and a 3rd rd pk for a legit starting QB is an OK deal by most standards. Snyder/Allen being vindictive, short-sighted ass0s fucked up in how they went at KC n that put them in a corner when he left, but the AS trade bailed them out. It was lucky as hell probably desperate to, but it wasn't a short cut.

So its 2018 and the Skins are 6-3 with Smith as their starting QB. In his 10th game AS gets seriously injured and is done for season. Colt McCoy who was a capable back starts the following week against Dallas and he gets injured. Up next is Mark Sanchez who I'm not sure what happened to him, but the next week it was Josh Johnson starting for the Skins and he closed out the year.

2019 the Skins or Snyder more to the point drafts Haskins and the Skins trade a 6th rd pk to Denver for Case Keenum n a 7th rd pk. Those 2 proceed to lead the Skins to a 3-13 record.

On to 2020 with Haskins and Kyle Allen who the Skins acquired from Carolina for a 5th rd pk n those two combine to go 3-8 as starters. Alex, who's back,, goes 4-1 as a starter n the Skins backdoor into the playoffs. Smith has played his last game as a Redskin against the Eagles and Taylor Hienike iis the Skins QB as they lose to TB in the playoffs.

On to 2021 and Fitz 3who the Skins signed to a 1 year, 10 mill deal. Fitz played less than 2 quarters for the Skins.

Carson Wentz was a bad deal no doubt. You wanna label that a short cut that's cool. I see it more as a panic move

Now when I think short cut I think it's trying to get to where you want to be faster than what it normally would take you. When trying to build something, a dream home or a football team who habitually wins and can compete for championships. Taking short cuts often times leads to failure, disappointments and set backs. But for a short cut to first be attempted a bold, some might say risky, or audacious move has to be attempted.

You can call the moves above bad moves or moves that didn't work, but short cuts? I'll go Went, but the others. Those are just the same bad moves or staying the course over n over again.
I criticized the moves when they happened and even called the smith injury before it happened,
I am sorry but I will always save the resources when only patience is required . Higgins will not sign ANY contract paying below the 2nd franchise rate and with 125 mil plus in cap room I am not sweating and extra 5 to 6 mil to sign him next year and keep my top 100 pick

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I criticized the moves when they happened and even called the smith injury before it happened,
I am sorry but I will always save the resources when only patience is required . Higgins will not sign ANY contract paying below the 2nd franchise rate and with 125 mil plus in cap room I am not sweating and extra 5 to 6 mil to sign him next year and keep my top 100 pick
Yeah, I wasn't real happy with any of those moves either, but they weren't short cuts just shitty deals on the part of management.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn't real happy with any of those moves either, but they weren't short cuts just shitty deals on the part of management.
Shitty deals driven by trying to take short cuts to success instead of building the foundation

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty deals driven by trying to take short cuts to success instead o the foundation

Heh.You still don't get it eh. Those shitty deals were the foundation. But it wasn't the deal that was the real problem. It was the deal makers.

I think it's safe to say the Skins have better deal makers now. And no avenue of acquiring better players, be it the draft, FA or trade. Should be permanently shut down or dismissed just cuz.