• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, god forbid , you wait till next year and sign him and also keep the 3rd round pick . I doubt we go 12-5 but if we did would have done it with what we havex
There is no guarantee you can sign him next year. If you can get him for a 3rd, and resign him for an extension, do it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guarantee you can sign him next year. If you can get him for a 3rd, and resign him for an extension, do it.
No guarantee he signs an extension extension either

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantee he signs an extension extension either
Nope. All we can do is make a fair offer. If he’s not interested in being treated fairly and go to an up and coming young team, then I don’t want him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. All we can do is make a fair offer. If he’s not interested in being treated fairly and go to an up and coming young team, then I don’t want him.
Which is why I think simply waiting on him is the way to go . If we make any moves it needs to be for the defense . Miles Garrett or Denzel Ward would be guys I look at . Newsome on a lesser deal

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, god forbid , you wait till next year and sign him and also keep the 3rd round pick . I doubt we go 12-5 but if we did would have done it with what we havex

I think Sty said he was looking for 20 mil/season. If you wait until next offseason, it will be closer to 30 mil. From there, if you wait until the offseason, you will be bidding against the league.

I dont know where we will be at the end of the season but at this moment, we are in fact contenders. Tee Higgins would be a long term piece at a reasonable price. That is why you sign him over others.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sty said he was looking for 20 mil/season. If you wait until next offseason, it will be closer to 30 mil. From there, if you wait until the offseason, you will be bidding against the league.

I dont know where we will be at the end of the season but at this moment, we are in fact contenders. Tee Higgins would be a long term piece at a reasonable price. That is why you sign him over others.
He is on a tag for 21 mil , he ain’t signing for less . If it cost 30 mil to sign Tee then I keep looking or draft a guy . Our defense needs help our offense is top 5

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I think simply waiting on him is the way to go . If we make any moves it needs to be for the defense . Miles Garrett or Denzel Ward would be guys I look at . Newsome on a lesser deal
Don’t disagree. Defense should come as the priority. I’d take hard looks at all the guys you mentioned as well as Crosby. But can you imagine tee and tmac paired with our young QB for the next 3 years? Defenses will shudder.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment here. I'd be OK with the Skins trying to acquire Higgins as long as its not some ass backwards deal with the Skins giving up the farm. He'd be a real nice WR2 to go along with WR1 Terry Mac. Heh. I'd initally offer a 3rd pk n see what jumps off from there.

I'd pass on Reddick. He does have real value as a stop-gap player, but as he's already lost as much as 8 mill this year according to one report and 5 mill according to the link below and at present is losing 7,91,000+ on a weekly basis. I don't think he's looking for stop-gap money, not even real good stop-gap money. I also read that the agency that his agents work for dropped Reddick as a client.

Edit: Forgot the link and pay no attention to the headline. There wasn't a damn thing explainedd as to why Reddick was holding out. It does show the money he's lost this year.

The bonus... he's 25, and thinking long term about this team, as cold blooded as it might seem, will be here longer than T. Mac under the best of circumstances. (TM is 30 and will be 31 next September)

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not breed because you make those moves when your team is making a jump to win a superbowl, not to merely make the playoffs and maybe get a win ,

We have a chance to have both cap space and draft capital to build a long term contender. This team is heading to the playoffs without either one or both . So it has to be going for more if you intend to misuse resources this early in a regime .

They're played 6 games n you have em playoff bound already eh. How do you want them to get there? Wildcard? Division winner? How many games can they win if they get in? What's the acceptable number for you? If the Skins do make the playoffs. I suspect just like every other Skins fan you'll be rooting for the Skins to win. And if they do win you'll be rooting for them to win the next game as well.

Trading for a player this season doesn't automatically mean all cap space n all draft capital is gone. There's another thread here asking if the Skins are in their window. You know what? Nobody knows if they are, not even them.

There's also a thread in here I believe calling Peters a genius or something to that extent. So if Peters does indulge in a trade say for Higgins and it turns out its a decent deal making both teams happy. Does he get stripped of the genius label.? I can't say I trust Peters or think he's a genius. I do believe that overall the Skins FO has done a damn good job thus far.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bonus... he's 25, and thinking long term about this team, as cold blooded as it might seem, will be here longer than T. Mac under the best of circumstances. (TM is 30 and will be 31 next September)
Yeah, that's a valid point. Another bonus would be instead of hoping he can play. We'll know for sure that he can play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a valid point. Another bonus would be instead of hoping he can play. We'll know for sure that he can play.
Exactly! I put little stock in the counter argument about having X number of picks in the top 100 because that happens anyway for the first 3 rounds in a 32 team league. (32 X 3 = 96) and you have your picks. The more important factor is where you're drafting and right now, if the season ends today, Washington's selection is 26th.

Higgins is a known talent, and outside of cheap, drafting a WR with that proposed third round pick, gets you???.

Redskins77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddick would indeed be a necessary quick fix because he's 30 years old, but anyone who looks at a guy like Higgins and calls his acquisition a quick fix might forget or ignore that he's 25 (January 18, 1999) and likely, barring injury would be here for at least 4-5 years.
I like Tee Higgins and wouldn’t be opposed to acquiring him. However, at this time if a quality corner were to become available I would go that route. I also heard Chase Young is on the trading block. Anyone here want the Bustanator, I mean the Predator back in DC?