• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen this before, let's see if either of you remember Brian Orakpo?
your point? I know your style well enuff that this is your set up post :heh:

and of course I remember Orakpo

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your point? I know your style well enuff that this is your set up post :heh:

and of course I remember Orakpo
Well, basically after his pectoral surgery, he never played for Washington again. I know that Orakpo was a post franchise tagged free agent and Allen isn't but there were rumblings suggesting that the organization was interested in trading Allen before. I would not be surprised to note, we may have seen the last of JA in our colors.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! No one had ever remotely suggested otherwise except when using it as reason to do nothing!
keeping our resources now is whats best for the franchise long term . you give up draft resources when you are in contention for superbowls , not to simply make the playoffs . we can set ourselves up very well with cap space and draft picks . wrs are not hard to find , in fact what we have ones who are doing great . why is it so difficult to be patient and MAXIMIZE our resources ?

it doesnt matter if we win an playoff game by making the trade if we dont give ourselves a chance to build on it . add to it the bengals arent going to give him up if they still have a shot .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, basically after his pectoral surgery, he never played for Washington again. I know that Orakpo was a post franchise tagged free agent and Allen isn't but there were rumblings suggesting that the organization was interested in trading Allen before. I would not be surprised to note, we may have seen the last of JA in our colors.
he save 17 vs the cap next year , but the ball is now in mathis'and fig newtons court .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cant trade payne now with allen gone

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember and could be. Figured this was going to be your point, :happy:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
became a titan did,nt he?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keeping our resources now is whats best for the franchise long term . you give up draft resources when you are in contention for superbowls , not to simply make the playoffs . we can set ourselves up very well with cap space and draft picks . wrs are not hard to find , in fact what we have ones who are doing great . why is it so difficult to be patient and MAXIMIZE our resources ?

it doesnt matter if we win an playoff game by making the trade if we dont give ourselves a chance to build on it . add to it the bengals arent going to give him up if they still have a shot .
So, you're going to keep writing this until what happens... it becomes true? C'mon man! Building or rebuilding necessitates making a move to improve your product whenever and wherever that opportunity presents itself. It's foolish to limit the ability to do this to drafts and free agency, otherwise why have a trade window at all? Perhaps you're suggesting that trading is only for know contenders or SB aspirants. Now if you've just read the previous line, you know how silly that is, so let me make this even clearer for you. Here's an excerpt from a study on the subject. (Trading)
According to recent trends in the NFL, teams that are more aggressive in trading, often utilizing analytics to identify value, can be more successful, as long as they make calculated moves based on data and not just impulsive decisions; however, success depends heavily on the quality of the trades and the overall team strategy, not just the sheer volume of trades made.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Jonathan Allen, and dont even mind his tirade from last year considering we were all sick of this shit too.

I wouldnt be mad if he was released in the offseason though. 17million is a lot to pay for a defensive line anchor to not really be that shut down of an anchor to begin with.

Its too bad we traded away Ridgeway who was at least a serviceable replacement and had a nasty streak.

Time for Newton and Mathis to step up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're going to keep writing this until what happens... it becomes true? C'mon man! Building or rebuilding necessitates making a move to improve your product whenever and wherever that opportunity presents itself. It's foolish to limit the ability to do this to drafts and free agency, otherwise why have a trade window at all? Perhaps you're suggesting that trading is only for know contenders or SB aspirants. Now if you've just read the previous line, you know how silly that is, so let me make this even clearer for you. Here's an excerpt from a study on the subject. (Trading)
According to recent trends in the NFL, teams that are more aggressive in trading, often utilizing analytics to identify value, can be more successful, as long as they make calculated moves based on data and not just impulsive decisions; however, success depends heavily on the quality of the trades and the overall team strategy, not just the sheer volume of trades made.
The
Opportunity isn’t there and knowing when to strike and when not to is important . We talked about Deshawn Watson and look at that fiasco . Would have set the franchise back 1/2 a decade .

By a simple cost / benefit analysis is doesn’t pay