• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why some are acting like we were this perfect squad and the Ravens blew us out. Absolutely no shame in this loss. Many predicted a loss, perhaps because we kept the game close folks are forgetting we brought the same problems with us to the ravens game. We had to play mistake free to win and we didn't, that simple. Forget the rushing yards, for lamar having all day to throw. We didn't get a TD on that first pick, we didn't recover that fumble by the ravens center, we dropped crucial 3rd down catches and missed a FG. Despite the abuse the defense allowed, we could have won against a team probably winning the superbowl this year
I agree with most everything you wrote here. But I’m not crowning Ravens the likely SB winners, contenders sure but 11 games left to play. Let’s revisit when we are much closer to the end of the season and see where every team, their rosters and health can be measured.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see the point of making huge moves to perhaps win a playoff game and then come next year the advantages you had are gone via draft and cap space .

Coach our guys and take the opportunity to really build a long term contender

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most everything you wrote here. But I’m not crowning Ravens the likely SB winners, contenders sure but 11 games left to play. Let’s revisit when we are much closer to the end of the season and see where every team, their rosters and health can be measured.
kc is still.their daddy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtually everyone of these misses are holes we want addressed at the trade deadline ,

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think AP is doing that.
I don't disagree withbthis, however, looking at this year's team and what it can be requires something beyond what it currently has. All season, there have been debates here and elsewhere over what moves improves this team.(corner, edge, wr, etc) and unfortunately, at least some who insist that they wait until next year ( because it appears to be cheaper). Remember the original position from that same group was, "let's wait to see what we have," Bottom line, next year doesn't help this year's team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is can you win a superbowl this year with Higgins and Reddick . If so make the moves Anything less makes it a fools errand

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the NFL let the Ravens get Henry?

Far as acquiring Reddick n Higgins. There's already too much money tied up in the Skins overpaid n under-performing DT tandem. I imagine Reddick is looking for something noticeably north of 20 million. So while he's capable of a hellified trick, It is just one trick. What the Skins need really are DL who can play the run, maybe moreso than they need a pass rusher, but ideally speaking. I'd like them to acquire a DL player who can play both the run n rush the passer. Which might be a big ask seeing as they don't have a single DL player who can play the run or rush the passer. Reddick imo is not trhe answer.

Far as Higgins goes. I read he was looking for a deal akin to Michael Pittman, 3 year/70 million. That's a reasonable, some would opine very reasonable ask by Higgins. Cincy balked and long storty short. Higgins got franchised at 21+mill for this year and he'll likely be able to command 25 mill per next year. I can't say I hate those numbers. My only reservation is what does the next crop of WRs coiming out in the draft look like. Cuz even if the Skins were to acquire botth Reddick n Higgins this year. I still don't see them as viable SB contenders due to that suspect run defense.
The Commanders currently sit atop the NFCE at 4-2. If the season ended today they would be in the playoffs with a pretty weak defense and one reliable WR. (Noah Brown is intriguing though) While it's true that they are very unlikely to win a Superbowl, the questions about how they represent themselves this year, in a playoff game seems to be just as they are for the wait until next year group and shore up what they can from another faction. It's a long-term fix in the case of Higgins (he's 25 ) and a one or two year stop-gap with Reddick.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is can you win a superbowl this year with Higgins and Reddick . If so make the moves Anything less makes it a fools errand

I don't if that's simple, but if Baltimore is the measuring stick, or if that was the superbowl, we likely win with higgins and reddick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no shame in losing to a team like the Ravens who were playing their best at home. Not too many teams would have beaten them yesterday. This season is not about being contenders, it's about building a winning culture and most importantly finding a QB who can change the team's future. I think we have our answer. He showed yesterday there isn't a player in the league who can deliver the ball any better than Jayden Daniels. He was fitting it into tight windows all day long.

I want no party of Reddick. Let him be somone else's problem. Some of you want a quick fix where Peters is thinking long term success. I'll go with the professoinal's approach.
It's deceptive to use the term "quick fix!"

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddick is not only a thug, he doesn’t play within the scheme. That’s why philthy traded him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to reddick.
Ok, but we (@dad and myself) were talking about Higgins, who is the only person tagged and not qualified from that perspective to be a half or one year rental.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, it happens to all of us!