• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Ravens Post Game!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a couple of reasons. First, as Dad pointed out, all we are guaranteed is a half year rental. Second, the guy is not right. His agent just fired him. He had a deal with the jets for what he wanted. He backed out. Agent apparently called him unreasonable and unstable. We have a good thing going here with the culture. Don’t need trouble introduced.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game clearly outlined why there's a need right now for Tee Higgins, who becomes another instant threat to be accounted offensively, AND Haasan Reddick who improves the pass rush, giving much-needed relief to a vulnerable defensive backfield. Your thoughts?

I didn't see the 4th quarter, but for me this game clearly outlined a need for an above average cover corner, and some creativity in stopping an offensive play call being run repeatedly with success. The Redskins also really missed Robinson, and didn't seem patient enough to give mcnichols more carries. I think if we had a corner that stopped flowers a few times, we win that game.

At the same time, a pass rush probably would have solved our secondary mess.
I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with players that do what Reddick does to get what they want.
our culture change and rebuild is trending upward and maybe Reddick isn't a good fit.

The way this team has played thus far....it has made me question everything I believed in as far as needing Higgins.

That was a playoff game, that we nearly won with robinson missing

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a couple of reasons. First, as Dad pointed out, all we are guaranteed is a half year rental. Second, the guy is not right. His agent just fired him. He had a deal with the jets for what he wanted. He backed out. Agent apparently called him unreasonable and unstable. We have a good thing going here with the culture. Don’t need trouble introduced.
Ok, first @dad is incorrect about that, Higgins can be tagged again by the Bengals or any team acquiring him and unlike the Bengals, that team would have both the inside track and first Crack at signing him to a new contract. I don't know where @dad is getting that bit of misinformation or why he is repeating it. I'm always open to learn something new, perhaps he can enlighten all of us. So, at minimum the Commanders get him for the rest of this year and all of next year.
The rest of your answer has nothing at all to do with Tee Higgins. Perhaps you're thinking about Aiyuk (49ers) or Adams (Raiders)

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, first @dad is incorrect about that, Higgins can be tagged again by the Bengals or any team acquiring him and unlike the Bengals, that team would have both the inside track and first Crack at signing him to a new contract. I don't know where @dad is getting that bit of misinformation or why he is repeating it. I'm always open to learn something new, perhaps he can enlighten all of us. So, at minimum the Commanders get him for the rest of this year and all of next year.
The rest of your answer has nothing at all to do with Tee Higgins. Perhaps you're thinking about Aiyuk (49ers) or Adams (Raiders)
Sounds like the rest is about hason to me

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the 4th quarter, but for me this game clearly outlined a need for an above average cover corner, and some creativity in stopping an offensive play call being run repeatedly with success. The Redskins also really missed Robinson, and didn't seem patient enough to give mcnichols more carries. I think if we had a corner that stopped flowers a few times, we win that game.

At the same time, a pass rush probably would have solved our secondary mess.
I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with players that do what Reddick does to get what they want.
our culture change and rebuild is trending upward and maybe Reddick isn't a good fit.

The way this team has played thus far....it has made me question everything I believed in as far as needing Higgins.

That was a playoff game, that we nearly won with robinson missing
What's an above average cover corner going to do that the curren group isn't doing? This team is very weak in putting pressure on QBs and sacking them. Today's game was no different, and Lamar had all day to throw.

Why wouldn't Riddick be a good fit? He wants to be paid in line with guys who produce as he does. If there are people who want to hold that against him, fine, that on them.

Btw; in my predictions, I warned that this would be a playoff team but to get there they would realize too late to do anything that bolsters their chances of getting in or doing anything meaningful if they squeaked in.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm GM I ALSO focus on this year, NO, nada, zip, zero, season is going to be a wasted one on my watch.
AND...
It's also my job to constantly evaluate and make clear that we are a results-oriented entity! If there's a player on my roster who "thinks he's the answer," and he's not, he's headed for a severe blow to that overinflated ego. (I'm pretty sure that Jamin and your guy Stick-figure now know that feeling)
Glad you and many others are not GMs. Let the man do his job.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's an above average cover corner going to do that the curren group isn't doing? This team is very weak in putting pressure on QBs and sacking them. Today's game was no different, and Lamar had all day to throw.

Why wouldn't Riddick be a good fit? He wants to be paid in line with guys who produce as he does. If there are people who want to hold that against him, fine, that on them.

Btw; in my predictions, I warned that this would be a playoff team but to get there they would realize too late to do anything that bolsters their chances of getting in or doing anything meaningful if they squeaked in.

An above average corner will win some of those battles against shifty receivers moving the chains. An above average corner will play with better leverage and get deflections. St juste hasn't been a complete bust, but he is a liability when it matters most.

I'd rather land another option at edge than riddick, perhaps of no fault of his own, he brings baggage and media fodder for his recent refusal to play for the jets. We don't need that.

Now, are we a one and done for not upgrading WR and edge before the playoffs? There is still time to trade if the organization deems it fit. But yes, right now we will one playoff game and be out the following week.

I can live with that especially if we kill FA and the draft again

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let’s go with we franchise tag him again and he holds out ? Or he plays on the tag again which guarantees he is gone year 3 . A3rd franchise tag is untenable .

So we are to give up picks and salary when we can we can simply just wait and only pay salary

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let’s go with we franchise tag him again and he holds out ? Or he plays on the tag again which guarantees he is gone year 3 . A3rd franchise tag is untenable .

So we are to give up picks and salary when we can we can simply just wait and only pay salary
So, it's all about the negative perspective for you... OK, let's play in your minefield. Let's say Adam Peters trades for him ( an action that makes this entire exercise worth all of this nonsense) Why would he do so knowing that everything that you state is possible and everything that I'm suggesting is probable, in fact, what they plan to do because they don't want him to be a one-year rental or any of the other things that you're suggesting?
Dude, I'm married and I know you are too, that means at some point we both applied logic as a countermeasure to feelings!
If/when the trade takes place it will only happen because they have zero plans to tag him again and are 100% dedicated to signing him long term.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm GM I ALSO focus on this year, NO, nada, zip, zero, season is going to be a wasted one on my watch.
AND...
It's also my job to constantly evaluate and make clear that we are a results-oriented entity! If there's a player on my roster who "thinks he's the answer," and he's not, he's headed for a severe blow to that overinflated ego. (I'm pretty sure that Jamin and your guy Stick-figure now know that feeling)
think AP is doing that.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a mistake by the nfl letting ravens get Henry. Thought the officiating was a little more leaning to the ravens. They’re a very dangerous team with the king though. Redskins had a good game plan, just not enough talent

How did the NFL let the Ravens get Henry?

Far as acquiring Reddick n Higgins. There's already too much money tied up in the Skins overpaid n under-performing DT tandem. I imagine Reddick is looking for something noticeably north of 20 million. So while he's capable of a hellified trick, It is just one trick. What the Skins need really are DL who can play the run, maybe moreso than they need a pass rusher, but ideally speaking. I'd like them to acquire a DL player who can play both the run n rush the passer. Which might be a big ask seeing as they don't have a single DL player who can play the run or rush the passer. Reddick imo is not trhe answer.

Far as Higgins goes. I read he was looking for a deal akin to Michael Pittman, 3 year/70 million. That's a reasonable, some would opine very reasonable ask by Higgins. Cincy balked and long storty short. Higgins got franchised at 21+mill for this year and he'll likely be able to command 25 mill per next year. I can't say I hate those numbers. My only reservation is what does the next crop of WRs coiming out in the draft look like. Cuz even if the Skins were to acquire botth Reddick n Higgins this year. I still don't see them as viable SB contenders due to that suspect run defense.