• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care about the won-loss record at this point. So as long as they go 82-80 every season, job well done? What I care about is poor fielding, horrific baserunning with arguably the worst 3rd base coach in all of baseball, players taking terrible approaches at the plate, and just a general don't give a shit attitude that the players seem to exude. That stuff falls on the manager. Injuries play a part sure. But the Red Sox, after getting rid of Valentine, seem to have turned things around with a much better manager.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care about the won-loss record at this point. So as long as they go 82-80 every season, job well done? What I care about is poor fielding, horrific baserunning with arguably the worst 3rd base coach in all of baseball, players taking terrible approaches at the plate, and just a general don't give a shit attitude that the players seem to exude. That stuff falls on the manager. Injuries play a part sure. But the Red Sox, after getting rid of Valentine, seem to have turned things around with a much better manager.

They're in a collective slump. I don't for one believe they're not trying and giving it their all. They're just not playing very well. They're not exuding anything bad other than slumping. Plate discipline can only be harped on so much by the manager and hitting coach. Baseball is a mental game and you play 162 of these games every season.

As for the Red Sox you failed to mention that that they were in that position because they knee jerked and got rid of a good manager in Francona and Valentine ran that thing to the ground.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't think they will get rid of wash for one bad year. He can always use the injury excuse.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, bench Murphy. Play E Beltre more. Bench Andrus. Play Profar more at SS. Why not? Why not mix things up. Those guys have been albatrosses for over 2 months now. Just don't keep saying "Keep grinding!." Bitch at the ump when Nathan was getting screwed last week. Knock over a Gatorade cooler. I don't care. DO SOMETHING. Fire Magadan. Anything.

And why am I a troll because I'm trying to address what I see as a problem on this team. I mean, 90% of the posters on this board do the very smae thing.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, bench Murphy. Play E Beltre more. Bench Andrus. Play Profar more at SS. Why not? Why not mix things up. Those guys have been albatrosses for over 2 months now. Just don't keep saying "Keep grinding!." Bitch at the ump when Nathan was getting screwed last week. Knock over a Gatorade cooler. I don't care. DO SOMETHING. Fire Magadan. Anything.

And why am I a troll because I'm trying to address what I see as a problem on this team. I mean, 90% of the posters on this board do the very smae thing.

Luckily JD and the front office is in charge of making the decisions on the organization.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because I've never seen you once post something positive about this team.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realizing that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but if I don't ever hear it again it will be to soon. Thanks for sharing. Good night.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won 93 games last season. It took a miracle comeback of epic proportions on Oakland's end to win the division and yet it still came down to game 162. Whatever went wrong for Texas down the stretch did go wrong and collectively the team just ran out of what they had in 2010 and 2011. And this season is not bad so far...other teams would love to be in the position Texas is in.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's pretty damn naive of anybody to assume that Wash is just sitting on his hands. We really have no idea what goes on outside of game time. The entire team is pressing to get out of the slump and it's only been counter productive. If anything, he needs to get them to relax in the field and at the plate so they aren't trying to do too much.