• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically speaking, you're talking about one sure thing in our rotation, two injury prone guys that haven't throwin in over a year, and 2 young guys who hardly have any experience. Then, when holland gets back, you'll have 3 injury prone guys and only one young guy.

Ain't much to be done about it except see what the unproven guys can do and see if a couple of them can figure it out with more experience

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tep's looked alright. I mean, we're still talking about the astros here. He's gonna go 5. Same with colby the other day. I thought it was okay... i mean the main stat is ER and they didn't allow any. But we need our guys to start getting deeper. There's no other way around it.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't much to be done about it except see what the unproven guys can do and see if a couple of them can figure it out with more experience

Oh absolutely. I agree 100 percent. At this point, you dont even make a trade. If it happens it happens. I'm just saying there's hardly a reason to be optomistic about this rotation.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Evening All, thought I would see how everyone's reacting to the Harrison/Perez news. Such a shame, it somehow seems worse when you beat yourself (injuries) then getting beat by another team. Hope this team somehow hangs in there until we can get Holland back. Maybe Nick can contribute. Sure wish we had more offense, in particular I keep seeing how well Cruz is doing this year (11) HR's so far. Wish he would have agreed to DH for us....
Except for nearly every single post, it has hardly come up this evening!! :suds:

...I'm passing out lots of suds tonight...it's needed.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tep's looked alright. I mean, we're still talking about the astros here. He's gonna go 5. Same with colby the other day. I thought it was okay... i mean the main stat is ER and they didn't allow any. But we need our guys to start getting deeper. There's no other way around it.

I'm actually speaking about his pitches, he's got good movement and good command, I think he would look solid against most lineups tonight

He's had a couple high pitch count innings but other than that has been good

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God they injury news of today is a real kick in the nuts. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many injuries so early. Really scared for Harry... I hope for his own sake he avoids the fussion but the fact that they are saying it might take one is not promising for his future. I feared this for him the moment I heard about the back issue last season. My moms been dealing with some for the past 20 years or so and it seems like Dr's screw things up worse than help when it comes to these sort of things.

spicesadie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz left, no point in bringing him up, its a horse and its been beat... to death

Well being an animal lover, I don't beat horses, lol. Wishful thinking keeps my mind sharp!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God they injury news of today is a real kick in the nuts. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many injuries so early. Really scared for Harry... I hope for his own sake he avoids the fussion but the fact that they are saying it might take one is not promising for his future. I feared this for him the moment I heard about the back issue last season. My moms been dealing with some for the past 20 years or so and it seems like Dr's screw things up worse than help when it comes to these sort of things.

Fusions only have a 60% success rate.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martinez pitches like he did in his first start in Tampa, then that would be a huge boost
Lewis is starting to get better and Darvish is lights out. I still have faith that Scheppers and Ross can pitch decently enough to keep the Rangers going. Holland is looking very good in rehab so far. We may end up having to make a trade anyways, but the Rangers are one of the few teams that have thee internal resources to absorb a blow like this

You've got to be kidding? Seriously?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see prince getting hot.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this offense is sooooo frustrating. We get three straight hits, runner on 2nd nobody out, 2 runs in....then 3 outs made on 4 pitches.....:gaah:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be kidding? Seriously?

Gotta appreciate the optimism, thats all you can really have at this point, just sit back and enjoy your lumps and growing pains with the young guys, being a negative nancy won't be getting you anywhere

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a funny game...And with 122* games left to play...anything can happen.
And that an already hurt team, just got worse. But, stranger things have happened, and there's alot of baseball left to be played. Am I suggesting they go after "so and so"? No. I'm saying let it ride and see what happens in the next month or two. But for anyone to give up already...with the amount of talent this team has..... is just :laugh3:[/QUOTE]

Name me a team, pick one of any era, that "stranger things have happened too" and it ended well?