• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God they injury news of today is a real kick in the nuts. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many injuries so early. Really scared for Harry... I hope for his own sake he avoids the fussion but the fact that they are saying it might take one is not promising for his future. I feared this for him the moment I heard about the back issue last season. My moms been dealing with some for the past 20 years or so and it seems like Dr's screw things up worse than help when it comes to these sort of things.
I'd retire tomorrow if I were Harry. And not have the surgery unless absolutely necessary.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fusions only have a 60% success rate.

And the crazy part of that is within that 60%... There are still people that will still experience significant pain afterwards and another fussion at some point is pretty likely. My moms first fussion around 20 years ago was considered successful... she got some relief for a year or too but still had pain. About 7 years after that she had to have another and now she has just wrapped up with her 3rd. If she gets another she will no longer be able to move her neck.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..... I'm not trolling. Just making a comment, I've never seen a team get shit on so often. The amount of injuries I've seen this team sustain is unprecedented. I doubt you'll find a team with worse luck than this. They must be setting all kinds of records in the amount of call ups , pitchers used, DL usages, and overall players used.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your disagreement? It's a testament to our depth that were even moderately competitive at this point.

My disagreement is, if I'm reading his post correctly, is: He seems to be saying we can still win and win big and this is too much pie-in-the-sky and you know it.

It's does speak well we can be competitive with what has happened. But competitive vs. being-in-the-hunt are entirely different things.

Perhaps I'm taking this too hard. Maybe. And there is much to be gained this season, not the least of which is to see what Sardinas/Odor can do. Now, we don't have to rush Profar/Holland back, just roll with the punches. To me, the pressure is off everyone; managerially, FO wise and injury/comeback to the rescue wise as well.

Sorry if I'm being too negative. But I'm surely feeling pretty much on the other side of negativity at this junction.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd retire tomorrow if I were Harry. And not have the surgery unless absolutely necessary.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I just don't see baseball in his future and a fusion will create more problems down the line than it will solve. He'd be more likely to make life miserable for himself than return to his former self.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, we are Ranger fans, that's about all we've known!! :yahoo:

Well I know people like Scotsman have been Rangers fans a long time... at this point he is so miserable he can't even enjoy when things are going well much less when they are going poorly

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the crazy part of that is within that 60%... There are still people that will still experience significant pain afterwards and another fussion at some point is pretty likely. My moms first fussion around 20 years ago was considered successful... she got some relief for a year or too but still had pain. About 7 years after that she had to have another and now she has just wrapped up with her 3rd. If she gets another she will no longer be able to move her neck.
Sorry to hear about your mother Dude. God bless her!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo is really struggling at the plate...this is something like 16k's in last 32 or 33 AB's...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..... I'm not trolling. Just making a comment, I've never seen a team get shit on so often. The amount of injuries I've seen this team sustain is unprecedented. I doubt you'll find a team with worse luck than this. They must be setting all kinds of records in the amount of call ups , pitchers used, DL usages, and overall players used.

I'm sure its Moreland's fault somehow

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, I agree with ya. We're talking life decisions vs baseball decisions at this point.

Man, he had such a good mental approach. I sure thought he was gonna be good for many a year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Fusions create stability at the levels operated on, but the body has to compensate for the hypomobility at the fusion site by being hyper mobile at segments above and/or below it. This leads to more disc pathology and more fusions. The only way I'd ever consider a fusion is if I could not physically function.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting beat up on the inner half, either with really good pitching or really bad strike zones

He'll straighten out. Choo is honestly the least of my worries.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are Ranger fans... before 2010 tough times were pretty much the norm.

Agreed, but there are plenty of fans that just fall to pieces when things don't go well, much less go bat shit crazy like they are now... people want to start calling out random moments in history when we didn't make such and such move like its somehow relevant today

"Man if only we had signed Cliff Lee way back when thing would be better now"

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Nick's line. Has he looked as good as it suggests?