• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of trading our young talent for a rent-a-pitcher. We did get Lee ...for half a season. I think we need to look the other direction - Trading established bats/gloves for young pitching....Andrus, Rios come to mind....but no need to panic yet, let's see how this plays out....

I agree, we need to watch this thing play out before making a decision. Rios would be the easiest player to move, and i trust Choice out in RF. You might be able to move JP out in a package once Soto come back in late June (the same time Profar is expected back)

yardimatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team and it's fans just keep getting kicked in the nuts this year. It's unbelievable!

Let's hope we can chalk this season up to a one-off.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of trading our young talent for a rent-a-pitcher. We did get Lee ...for half a season. I think we need to look the other direction - Trading established bats/gloves for young pitching....Andrus, Rios come to mind....but no need to panic yet, let's see how this plays out....

Rios isn't netting you a good young pitcher, sorry

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, we need to watch this thing play out before making a decision. Rios would be the easiest player to move, and i trust Choice out in RF. You might be able to move JP out in a package once Soto come back in late June (the same time Profar is expected back)
Moreland is another possibility. He's actually shown some value this season...

....but I'm not proposing a sell off of the team! So Board, no trashing me please!!!:suds:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it'd be nice if this was more of a game where young pitchers werent so expensive. Otherwise trading for a guy like Gerrit Cole or Zack wheeler would be so damn appealing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you look at our rotation right now, I absolutely guarantee you we're in the bottom 5 in the major leagues. I bet our offense isn't much better.

I think Tepesch, Martinez and Baker can get it done with Yu and Colby until Holland is back. Ross to the pen.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios isn't netting you a good young pitcher, sorry
I knew this would start...used purely as an example...

So what do you propose???? Rely on the farm? Joe Saunders our savior?? Trade for Price and watch him go to the Dodgers the next season? Do nothing?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tepesch, Martinez and Baker can get it done with Yu and Colby until Holland is back. Ross to the pen.
I would agree except we do not have the offense to support the rotation . On paper we do but not really at this time.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this would start...used purely as an example...

So what do you propose???? Rely on the farm? Joe Saunders our savior?? Trade for Price and watch him go to the Dodgers the next season? Do nothing?

Stand pat, see what the young guys can do when thrust into the limelight and certainly not desperately overbid on someone else's pitcher and further deplete the farm system a la Matt Garza

There are more issues in the rotation than one pitcher should be able to solve anyway

I never claimed to have any solutions btw, simply stated that Rios wouldn't net a good young pitcher, but I'm not against trading him and giving Choice a shot at some point

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree except we do not have the offense to support the rotation . On paper we do but not really at this time.

Would rather see if Ross can figure it out than waste Ross' potential development time on Baker

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do? I guess I'm the only one that doesn't. Our pitchers pitch counts has been horrific of late. Tepesch is pretty much guaranteed to go only 5 today even if they're all scoreless. Martinez is unproven, regardless of what ANYONE says, Baker hasn't started in the bigs for years. Colby is okay, I mean he shut out the astros the other day. He isn't cy young, and he probably isn't even that good of a number 2. Yu is an ace, but the dropoff is far too steep beyond that. Then you say until Holland gets back, well who says Holland is gonna be so great when he returns? He hasn't even started rehab yet. We don't even have a gauge of how electric his stuff is gonna be.

spicesadie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Evening All, thought I would see how everyone's reacting to the Harrison/Perez news. Such a shame, it somehow seems worse when you beat yourself (injuries) then getting beat by another team. Hope this team somehow hangs in there until we can get Holland back. Maybe Nick can contribute. Sure wish we had more offense, in particular I keep seeing how well Cruz is doing this year (11) HR's so far. Wish he would have agreed to DH for us....

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand pat, see what the young guys can do when thrust into the limelight and certainly not desperately overbid on someone else's pitcher and further deplete the farm system a la Matt Garza

There are more issues in the rotation than one pitcher should be able to solve anyway

I never claimed to have any solutions btw, simply stated that Rios wouldn't net a good young pitcher, but I'm not against trading him and giving Choice a shot at some point
Agreed :suds:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Evening All, thought I would see how everyone's reacting to the Harrison/Perez news. Such a shame, it somehow seems worse when you beat yourself (injuries) then getting beat by another team. Hope this team somehow hangs in there until we can get Holland back. Maybe Nick can contribute. Sure wish we had more offense, in particular I keep seeing how well Cruz is doing this year (11) HR's so far. Wish he would have agreed to DH for us....

Cruz left, no point in bringing him up, its a horse and its been beat... to death

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically speaking, you're talking about one sure thing in our rotation, two injury prone guys that haven't throwin in over a year, and 2 young guys who hardly have any experience. Then, when holland gets back, you'll have 3 injury prone guys and only one young guy.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk and no one is talking about how good Tep looks tonight
Just thinking that...pitch count is too high, but it's his first start in the bigs in a while, so he gets a pass there. Looks good.....