• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, boys and girls; there is a huge difference to being a nay Sayer as oppossed to just being honestly realistic. Don't "you guys" think?

absolutely. I'm being realistic with you guys. I was one of the guys that kept on saying "season's not over." blah blah blah. But we needed a pitcher BEFORE we lost harri and perez. I mean, I'm being realistic when I say, this is just incredibly shitty luck and I don't see us in the playoffs. We'll be out of it before the last 2 weeks of the season. Chastise me if you want. That's how I feel. Don't even bother getting a pitcher now JD.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Harry's done. Tepesch instead of Scheppars there. Sorry for Perez but he's young and will come back stronger.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but that rotation won't keep us afloat nathan. Just being realistic. Holland isn't like some sort of savior either. I never understood why everyone thought people who miss a year or whatever come back and they are their former selves... harri certainly wasn't. If we're gonna make the playoffs we gotta go out and get a guy.

Harri's probably done for his career. I mean, jesus guys. You can't fuckin sugercoat days like today. This is one of the darker days in our fucking franchises history.

If Martinez pitches like he did in his first start in Tampa, then that would be a huge boost
Lewis is starting to get better and Darvish is lights out. I still have faith that Scheppers and Ross can pitch decently enough to keep the Rangers going. Holland is looking very good in rehab so far. We may end up having to make a trade anyways, but the Rangers are one of the few teams that have thee internal resources to absorb a blow like this

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely. I'm being realistic with you guys. I was one of the guys that kept on saying "season's not over." blah blah blah. But we needed a pitcher BEFORE we lost harri and perez. I mean, I'm being realistic when I say, this is just incredibly shitty luck and I don't see us in the playoffs. We'll be out of it before the last 2 weeks of the season. Chastise me if you want. That's how I feel. Don't even bother getting a pitcher now JD.
Well Terps I'm sure your friend will become more active. Sure rumors will be popping.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martinez pitches like he did in his first start in Tampa, then that would be a huge boost
Lewis is starting to get better and Darvish is lights out. I still have faith that Scheppers and Ross can pitch decently enough to keep the Rangers going. Holland is looking very good in rehab so far. We may end up having to make a trade anyways, but the Rangers are one of the few teams that have thee internal resources to absorb a blow like this
You make a good point Nathan but you don't have a supporting offense no matter the rotation. If that should change, well things could come around.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with these 2 shots to the solar plexus there just seem to be too many if's facing the Rangers right now. i hope you are right but!!!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not worried about martin. i say have the surgery tomorrow so we have maybe possibly have you back in the first couple of weeks next year. harri's probably out for good though. so we gotta be active this offseason with this in understanding

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, boys and girls; there is a huge difference to being a nay Sayer as oppossed to just being honestly realistic. Don't "you guys" think?

But being "honestly realistic" that the season is lost.... after 40 games (of 162).... to put it bluntly, is fucking retarded. (Not saying you are saying such things btw - nor am I singling anyone out...just making a statement).

Baseball is a funny game...And with 122* games left to play...anything can happen.

It's a dark day, sure... And if people want to pack it in already...be my guest and good riddance.

Will they make the playoffs? Hell if I know. That's why they play the games. Games aren't won on paper. (Or in the offseason)

The honestly realistic response is that today sucks. And that an already hurt team, just got worse. But, stranger things have happened, and there's alot of baseball left to be played. Am I suggesting they go after "so and so"? No. I'm saying let it ride and see what happens in the next month or two. But for anyone to give up already...with the amount of talent this team has..... is just :laugh3:

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay is 18-23 right now. Lets hope they go on a 7+ game losing streak. Price might be on the maket at the dealine if the Rays are out of it. They may be open to trading him for something less than Profar if its that bad

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure what's keeping Lewis together. But knock on wood.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the David Price/TORP trade talk will start up again...IMO that's the worst thing we could do. We have a strong farm, let's start seeing what these kids can do. Or maybe look for some bargains - the Braves are experts at doing this. Who the hell would have ever thought Aaron Harang had an ounce of talent left in him?

Unfortunately, I think the season may be lost, starting pitching is a shambles and the offense is not consistent or powerful enough to cover for it...hey, we lived through seasons like this for nearly 40 years, sit back and enjoy the ride, it's still baseball!!:yahoo:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not worried about martin. i say have the surgery tomorrow so we have maybe possibly have you back in the first couple of weeks next year. harri's probably out for good though. so we gotta be active this offseason with this in understanding

I do believe Harry might be done for....which sucks for the team... but is horrible for him. Fingers crossed he finds his way back somehow - but yikes.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about quitting, anyone can do it. Staying the course is a little harder to do but produces better results every time.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't win games with a rotation of
Darvish
-
-
-
Colby
-
-
-
-
-
Robbie
Tepesch
-
-
-
-
-
-
?

Plus an offense that is been off and on all damn season. You just can't.

I know where we are in the season, but I've been around this game for too damn freakin long. You can't win with this rotation. Its a repeat of the early 2000's. Stars on offense, no pitching. The only difference is our stars on offense havent done shit.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you look at our rotation right now, I absolutely guarantee you we're in the bottom 5 in the major leagues. I bet our offense isn't much better.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the David Price/TORP trade talk will start up again...IMO that's the worst thing we could do. We have a strong farm, let's start seeing what these kids can do. Or maybe look for some bargains - the Braves are experts at doing this. Who the hell would have ever thought Aaron Harang had an ounce of talent left in him?

Unfortunately, I think the season may be lost, starting pitching is a shambles and the offense is not consistent or powerful enough to cover for it...hey, we lived through seasons like this for nearly 40 years, sit back and enjoy the ride, it's still baseball!!:yahoo:

I havent really been a fan of getting Price, but it seema like there is finally a situation dire enough to really conider it. If JD goes out and trades for a pitcher, he wont gut the farm to do so. I trust JD to make the right call on that one. Rememver, he did manage to get Cliff Lee from Seattle for Smoak and a few minor league players. Maybe he can do it again with Price

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna watch them and root for them every single day like a good fan, but I mean I'm positive this is a done deal.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't win games with a rotation of
Darvish
-
-
-
Colby
-
-
-
-
-
Robbie
Tepesch
-
-
-
-
-
-
?

Plus an offense that is been off and on all damn season. You just can't.

I know where we are in the season, but I've been around this game for too damn freakin long. You can't win with this rotation. Its a repeat of the early 2000's. Stars on offense, no pitching. The only difference is our stars on offense havent done shit.

Beltre and Fielder are starting to heat up. Rios a homer in the second and Fielder just got another RBI. Our guys are getting back to form

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent really been a fan of getting Price, but it seema like there is finally a situation dire enough to really conider it. If JD goes out and trades for a pitcher, he wont gut the farm to do so. I trust JD to make the right call on that one. Rememver, he did manage to get Cliff Lee from Seattle for Smoak and a few minor league players. Maybe he can do it again with Price
I'm tired of trading our young talent for a rent-a-pitcher. We did get Lee ...for half a season. I think we need to look the other direction - Trading established bats/gloves for young pitching....Andrus, Rios come to mind....but no need to panic yet, let's see how this plays out....