• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more than just the DL guys.... Perez & Harrison are essentially lost for the season.
Harrison probably more. His options are live with it... or Spinal Fusion surgery.

Perez is minimum 12 weeks (rest) or Tommy John (this season and most of next)
Harrison might be looking at his career. :/

BUT - optimistic side... Holland is on the road to recovery. (fingers crossed). And then the #4 & #5 spot is a jumble of everyone else. (Ross, Lewis, Tepesch, Martinez, Baker, Trade?)

Swear if I see ANYTHING about ANYONE saying to "sell at the deadline/this is a lost season" within the next few days on here... I'll explode.

I know it doesnt look the best right now...but its hard to give up on a season when less than 25% of the season has been played.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k nightcrawler... im okay with you saying the season's over now.

I'm gonna go to a corner and cry for the rest of the night

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more than just the DL guys.... Perez & Harrison are essentially lost for the season.
Harrison probably more. His options are live with it... or Spinal Fusion surgery.

Perez is minimum 12 weeks (rest) or Tommy John (this season and most of next)
Harrison might be looking at his career. :/

BUT - optimistic side... Holland is on the road to recovery. (fingers crossed). And then the #4 & #5 spot is a jumble of everyone else. (Ross, Lewis, Tepesch, Martinez, Baker, Trade?)

Swear if I see ANYTHING about ANYONE saying to "sell at the deadline/this is a lost season" within the next few days on here... I'll explode.

I know it doesnt look the best right now...but its hard to give up on a season when less than 25% of the season has been played.
It's hard for any athlete to give up ever.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k nightcrawler... im okay with you saying the season's over now.

I'm gonna go to a corner and cry for the rest of the night

LOL obviously not a lost season. But it's looking more likely that we might not get to the playoffs again

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough day for the Rangers and their fans! Hang tough everyone!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no amount of alcohol that will make me forget about this. what abysmal luck. seriously. im not trying to sound like a martyr, but its ridiculous now. the line has been crossed and spit on at the same time. there is something wrong with this team and i dont know what it is. there is something that is keeping us from being healthy.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a league wide problem. This cannot be a problem when a pitcher goes pro. Damn!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there has been 25k fans in this series. But who cares with our troubles?

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This injury bug is killing us now. Candidates for replacing Harrison and Perez would be Scheppers, Martinez, and (unfortunately) Saunders. Holland cant be back soon enough

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siege your opportunity, Nick!

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL obviously not a lost season. But it's looking more likely that we might not get to the playoffs again

I still think we can make the playoffs, but Beltre and Fielder need to go into all star mode NOW. A rotation of Darvish-Lewis-Ross-Scheppers-Martinez/Saunders could keep us afloat until mid June when Holland comes back.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, Alex!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, boys and girls; there is a huge difference to being a nay Sayer as oppossed to just being honestly realistic. Don't "you guys" think?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but that rotation won't keep us afloat nathan. Just being realistic. Holland isn't like some sort of savior either. I never understood why everyone thought people who miss a year or whatever come back and they are their former selves... harri certainly wasn't. If we're gonna make the playoffs we gotta go out and get a guy.

Harri's probably done for his career. I mean, jesus guys. You can't fuckin sugercoat days like today. This is one of the darker days in our fucking franchises history.