• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but there are plenty of fans that just fall to pieces when things don't go well, much less go bat shit crazy like they are now... people want to start calling out random moments in history when we didn't make such and such move like its somehow relevant today

"Man if only we had signed Cliff Lee way back when thing would be better now"

If we'd signed cliff Lee we wouldn't have Beltre. :D

Of course I know you know this, but it's a good example of how people have a tendency to miss the forest for the trees.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already accepted it....... I'm not expecting much this year. Before this news, I was still expecting a tight playoff race with the despised Oakland A's. Given the recent turn of events, I just want them to focus on stopping the bleeding. Tommy John surgery has a high success rate right? Do you guys think Holland and Perez are likely to recover and be like their old selves? I know holland got a different procedure, I'm not even gonna ask about Harrison, I already know it looks grim.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know people like Scotsman have been Rangers fans a long time... at this point he is so miserable he can't even enjoy when things are going well much less when they are going poorly
He should know better...we've been sensitized to tough times!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My disagreement is, if I'm reading his post correctly, is: He seems to be saying we can still win and win big and this is too much pie-in-the-sky and you know it.

It's does speak well we can be competitive with what has happened. But competitive vs. being-in-the-hunt are entirely different things.

Perhaps I'm taking this too hard. Maybe. And there is much to be gained this season, not the least of which is to see what Sardinas/Odor can do. Now, we don't have to rush Profar/Holland back, just roll with the punches. To me, the pressure is off everyone; managerially, FO wise and injury/comeback to the rescue wise as well.

Sorry if I'm being too negative. But I'm surely feeling pretty much on the other side of negativity at this junction.

Honestly, I'm not throwing in the towel, but if we didn't compete for the division this year I couldn't be too mad. Even if that happened, I agree it would be fun to see how guys like Tepesch, Martinez, Odor, and Choice do.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but there are plenty of fans that just fall to pieces when things don't go well, much less go bat shit crazy like they are now... people want to start calling out random moments in history when we didn't make such and such move like its somehow relevant today

Very true

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, Nick! Don't go anywhere!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already accepted it....... I'm not expecting much this year. Before this news, I was still expecting a tight playoff race with the despised Oakland A's. Given the recent turn of events, I just want them to focus on stopping the bleeding. Tommy John surgery has a high success rate right? Do you guys think Holland and Perez are likely to recover and be like their old selves? I know holland got a different procedure, I'm not even gonna ask about Harrison, I already know it looks grim.

TJ usually results in increased initial velocity but huge issues in command and control, which was Perez's biggest issue before he seemed to figure it out, maybe the extra velocity will help a bit but it'll take him a while to get all the way back, command/control wise, perhaps towards the end of next season

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holland should be fine. Perez will probably be ok. Doctors say if you're going to have tommy john, have it young. Harrison, baseball is probably in the past for him.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed!....but I sure wish we would have signed Abreu and Tanaka!!!!!:whistle:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not throwing in the towel, but if we didn't compete for the division this year I couldn't be too mad. Even if that happened, I agree it would be fun to see how guys like Tepesch, Martinez, Odor, and Choice do.
That's why you don't quit. Developing these kids and letting them pile on experience can be another type on winning season in it's self. Not all will get it.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the season..... Watch the kids learn a thing or two. Hope for no more injuries. There are still things to get out of this season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, when I think about it, I can only imagine what JD & Co are thinking. Can you fathom what the offices in Arlington are looking like at this point? Gzee

Now there's no rush to put Soto, Holland, etc in the line of fire too quick. All the many youngsters we still have which need seasoning: Choice, Profar, Sardinas, Odor, Martin, etc. can now get quality action. Hopefully, Martinez/Teps/etc will get some very valuable innings on the hill as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!....but I sure wish we would have signed Abreu and Tanaka!!!!!:whistle:

Abreu, who plays the same position as fielder? And you want to spend 170 million on a pitcher who's clearly not a #1?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I think about it, I can only imagine what JD & Co are thinking. Can you fathom what the offices in Arlington are looking like at this point? Gzee

Now there's no rush to put Soto, Holland, etc in the line of fire too quick. All the many youngsters we still have which need seasoning: Choice, Profar, Sardinas, Odor, Martin, etc. can now get quality action. Hopefully, Martinez/Teps/etc will get some very valuable innings on the hill as well.

The front office has worked their asses off and just cannot catch a break. I'm sure they're just throwing their hands up.