• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers visit the city of Brotherly Love for two: TEX @ PHI 5/3-4

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he have a future with us? plus we need to see what Thompson can do up here and whether Taveras actually can produce.

or we could send White down

We have not had the best luck recently of bringing guys up to see "what they can do up here" prematurely.

The top prospects in MLB who are here are struggling a bit at the moment, and Thompson/Taveras aren't at their level.

I have no problem letting them get more seasoning at AAA and bringing them along at a normal pace, and I don't want to throw a wrench in their development just because some veteran stopgaps aren't performing well in a stopgap year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not had the best luck recently of bringing guys up to see "what they can do up here" prematurely.

The top prospects in MLB who are here are struggling a bit at the moment, and Thompson/Taveras aren't at their level.

I have no problem letting them get more seasoning at AAA and bringing them along at a normal pace, and I don't want to throw a wrench in their development just because some veteran stopgaps aren't performing well in a stopgap year.
aren't we in the exploration mode to find out who has a future with the team? not arguing against what you are saying but are Reks, Solak or White considered veteran stopgaps. i'm heard that both Thompson and Taveras are performing well at AAA and if we bring them up and they struggle then back to AAA

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't we in the exploration mode to find out who has a future with the team? not arguing against what you are saying but are Reks, Solak or considered veteran stopgaps. i'm heard that both Thompson and Taveras are performing well at AAA and if we bring them up and they struggle then back to AAA

Yes, we are in exploration mode but that is a lengthy, ongoing and complex process. It's not just about the young guys in the minors. We need bench pieces and utility players as well. Reks might have a future in that position.

Looking at Leody's stats, he's putting up career best numbers. Personally, I'd give it a few more weeks to see if he stays at that clip. If so, as we get closer to July and the trade deadline, if he's still there, then bring him up and roll with him as the starting CF or LF for the rest of the year.

I don't call up Bubba before September.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we are in exploration mode but that is a lengthy, ongoing and complex process. It's not just about the young guys in the minors. We need bench pieces and utility players as well. Reks might have a future in that position.

Looking at Leody's stats, he's putting up career best numbers. Personally, I'd give it a few more weeks to see if he stays at that clip. If so, as we get closer to July and the trade deadline, if he's still there, then bring him up and roll with him as the starting CF or LF for the rest of the year.

okay was just a suggestion. would like to get away from the constantly changing batting orders

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay was just a suggestion. would like to get away from the constantly changing batting orders

that's Woody's MO, which is another reason I am hesitant to bring up young guys. I'm afraid Woody will do his dumb PH thing over and over and get them out of rhythm. If they're here then they need to be regular fixtures in the lineup.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leody has started to slip, but he has slipped from fantastic to very, very good. Lol

I can see both sides to him and Bubba, as far as the question of whether they should be brought up or not.

I think one thing to consider is letting this thing play out more so we can see if Josh Smith catches up to them in AAA. If he does, then he would be the first one I would like to see come up. That is, if only one comes up at a time.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leody has started to slip, but he has slipped from fantastic to very, very good. Lol

I can see both sides to him and Bubba, as far as the question of whether they should be brought up or not.

I think one thing to consider is letting this thing play out more so we can see if Josh Smith catches up to them in AAA. If he does, then he would be the first one I would like to see come up. That is, if only one comes up at a time.
Have to love our options.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over their last 10 games here is what their numbers look like

Josh Smith is 13 for 40 with 2 doubles, no triples. 2 home runs, and 4 walks. Slugging .525

Leody Taveras is 12 for 40 with 3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, and 4 walks. Slugging .500

Bubba Thompson is 13 for 42 with 1 double, 1 triple, 1 home run, and 1 walk. Slugging .452

Let's keep this competition going for awhile at AAA.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tad bit shocking we added Kole Calhoun and Brad Miller considering the amount of guys we have on the cusp of joining the big squad. Then again, it’s just $.. if the player that replaces them is good and getting paid league minimum I guess it doesn’t matter too much..
Miller actually makes sense given the uncertainty we had at 3b and in the of, he's a good mix and matchup guy

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs LHP
C - Heim
1B - Lowe
2B - Semien
3B - Ibanez
SS - Seager
LF - Solak
CF - White
RF - Garcia
DH - Garver

Vs RHP
C - Garver
1B - Lowe
2B - Semien
3B - Miller
SS - Seager
LF - Reks
CF - Garcia
RF - Calhoun
DH - ?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Heim should be in the lineup against every LH starting pitcher

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once we start bringing up our prospects I hope everyone isn't expecting them to hit the ground running. They are going to struggle initially. Almost everyone takes some time getting acclimated to the big leagues. Some take quite awhile. It would be nice to get as much of that acclimation time out if the way before we hope to be serious contenders.

When they do struggle initially that should not be taken as a sire sign that they were not ready.